Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 2:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by tommy777
Sunday the 31st: We will meet at the Westin Club at 6PM and after a few drinks, we will head to dinner.
Drat, I'm arriving 17:53 at LGA... If those few drinks are at least an hours worth (NYC traffic), I should be able to have gotten me, my bags and wits over there in time to join you guys for dinner.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:04 am

post about SMD2 Events Tripit calendar removed at Oliver's request.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 12, 2010 at 5:24 am
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
One reason to be a bit vague is that we really don't want to give out too much detail. With many events taking place in the US the chance of gate crashers will be very high. Next weekend the participant website will go private and exact details will be posted there.

We would request you to keep the info you receive as a participant to yourself as the organizers don't want to be bouncers too.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:07 am

deleted post

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 12, 2010 at 5:23 am
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Every participant will receive a detailed schedule, with the latest version posted on the private section of the SMD website. Last year we put the schedule on the lanyard everyone had around their neck, including the organizers:

Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:24 am

Who can argue with a mug like that?

(or is that a coffee press?)

-David
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
(or is that a coffee press?)
You are on SMD 2010 and didn't know what happened on SMD2009? (gasp)

This was high quality coffee from HI, brewed on board personally by the plantation owner:

Some more picture to look at:

http://www.starmegado.com/plogger/
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002

This was high quality coffee from HI, brewed on board personally by the plantation owner:
Nice. Thanks for the links.

-David
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Its for those flying across the pond, since you are not doing that, nothing for you to get worried about.
Actually he is. He's on the same flights w/ us on a F/Y award ticket as posted near the beginning of the thread, & also why he's coming into NYC on the 31st to participate in evening activities.

Originally Posted by miffSC
Was able to book my room at the contracted rate as of 11:30 EST tonight...
Thanks for arranging that.
* Then you won't need the room I have in SEA, which you PM'd me about? If someone else needs the Westin SEA, I currently have a booking there that I am not going to use, as I will be staying at a different property. The booking is for Fri and Sat. I PM'd one of the organizers to see if it could be transferred to another FTer if needed; haven't heard back yet. But if it can & you need it for 2 nights, PM me. If it can't be transferred, I'll release it although it sounds like it will go back into general inventory rather than our block rate.

One reason to be a bit vague is that we really don't want to give out too much detail. With many events taking place in the US the chance of gate crashers will be very high. Next weekend the participant website will go private and exact details will be posted there.
We would request you to keep the info you receive as a participant to yourself as the organizers don't want to be bouncers too.
* I'm sure the organizers would be very effective bouncers , but understand you not wanting to play that role along with everything else.

Without providing details, can you provide a timeline for the NY event which is now on the 1st instead of the 31st (ie, similar to the CO day - it will take place from xx-time to yy-time)? Not knowing anything was happening on the 1st except for having to be out at JFK by 5pm I had made arrangements for a couple of meetings, so really need to know a timeline so I can juggle. I think a couple of others did the same. Thanks.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
1) Hey it's Texas BBQ!!! 2) It's close to the hotel. 3) And - I've been to Houston before many a time, so not compelled to do the city per se. But the latter is unique to me. How long does it take to get into the city & what's the taxi cost? That could also make a dif for folk.

I do know some FTers are flying in that night & planning on hitting the hotel bar 9:30-10-ish, so for those interested in BBQ & hitting the bar afterwards, there will be some people to meet.
My inclination is towards BBQ for similar reasons. I've not had good experiences with Texas BBQ in the past and I suspect that is because I have not had knowledgeable local guidance.

And I've been to Houston at least 3 times in the past, though each was to a different area (Clear Lake, the Medical Center area, and downtown).
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:35 am

For those doing TATL on paid tickets, you may want to contact LH to ensure they have your FF# in your record. I just checked w/ them & my UA # wasn't in the record, so I had them add it.

Also, can't remember who but last year someone created a chart where we could see where the FTers were seated/who was near to each other. Might be fun to do that again.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:50 am
Original Poster

For those doing TATL on paid tickets, you may want to contact LH to ensure they have your FF# in your record. I just checked w/ them & my UA # wasn't in the record, so I had them add it.
Please don't generate extra work by calling in. Just use the LH SSR form here:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=1878132&l=en

We are currently stressed getting people to even pay for the group fare. Right now 10 of 46 have not provided payment info
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:57 am

Please don't generate extra work by calling in. Just use the LH SSR form here:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=1878132&l=en

We are currently stressed getting people to even pay for the group fare. Right now 10 of 46 have not provided payment info
Thanks for the link! If I had known it existed I would have used it vs calling the regular 800#, but when I think special services I think of things like needs wheelchair etc. LH's list of special services is much more extensive than UA's (oh there's a surprise - not).

Sorry to hear you're having problems getting people to provide payment info. to those folk. Hopefully they'll get their act together asap.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Also, can't remember who but last year someone created a chart where we could see where the FTers were seated/who was near to each other. Might be fun to do that again.
Yep, I did seatmaps for LH405 JFK-FRA and the charter last year. I'm thinking of doing it again for LH405, LH440 and the charter.

I'll post something in this thread in the next week or so when folks know where they'll be sitting.

I did one for UA678 ORD-EWR as well. I must be mad!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
I'm probably one of those Credit card got rejected (got an email from LH today), but updated my credit card details with another card on starmegado.com an hour ago, so should be OK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.