Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2010, 5:46 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by tommy777
You will NOT be able to bring your cell phones or cameras on the tours at Boeing.
Pretty standard for Boeing. A shame but they have their reasons.

The plane will be repositioned from PAE to SEA airport right after we land at PAE
Do we get extra miles if we take the PAE-SEA flight?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:16 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Folks, a lot of you have requested a visit to the F Terminal in Frankfurt. We are working on it
And have as many in there that they need a real bus for transportation to the aircraft
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Don't know if anyone noticed, but assembly time listed in post # 1 for the charter is 6am with flight at 7am. So for anyone worried about the exec lounge being too crowded, there's one day that it won't be And it's an extra hour of sleep compared to last year

Cheers.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
And have as many in there that they need a real bus for transportation to the aircraft
+1!^
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:13 am

You mentioned EQM's from most of the Alliance but AC. Are they accepting miles earned on this excursion to the AE plan?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by wijomas
Do we get extra miles if we take the PAE-SEA flight?
The repositioning flight is not going to have passengers. Among other things, it's going to happen during the time we're touring Boeing.

Xyzzy
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:25 am

Time to update the list on page 1 again? Currently its about 15 days out of date.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by carledwards
ok I am so impressed by this, I think I have to sign up now! I hope there are still spare spots available :-)
Not many. We're quite close to being sold out. Get your booking in now if you want to join this party!
Originally Posted by mtensioners
You mentioned EQM's from most of the Alliance but AC. Are they accepting miles earned on this excursion to the AE plan?
At this time we do not expect that to happen. Sorry.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:37 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by xyzzy
The repositioning flight is not going to have passengers. Among other things, it's going to happen during the time we're touring Boeing.
I know, I know.

(Or perhaps the cargo hold is full of presidential metal? )
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Sadly no, AC/Aeroplan is only giving miles if we buy them
Old Aug 27, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Hardly "most of the Alliance" since only LH/M&M, CO and UA are giving mileage credit on the Charter (unsure about US even though it is a host in PHX this time around but then so was SK last year and it didn't give mileage then either). There are over 20 STAR Alliance carriers so it is more correct to say "few of the Alliance"...

Last edited by Shareholder; Aug 27, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
On a related note, post #2 also mentions that BD DC is still at the negotiating table.

I thought there was some conclusion in a few pages of posts ago that we probably can't get anything from BD. Has there been a change of heart(s)?

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I don't think Mercedes manufacture luxury buses. Or do they?

They could always make multiple trips with their entire fleet of cars, but they will likely force us all to fill up every car cf. a car for each pax.

Let's not even think about enough rubber duckies for everyone
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
So if I am flying CO I can assign my miles to AP--but it seems we cannot do this with this flight--so will I be able to change my accumulation request from AC to CO?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by anat0l
I thought there was some conclusion in a few pages of posts ago that we probably can't get anything from BD. Has there been a change of heart(s)?
I would not expect BD credit at this point though you never know if a miracle would come through.
Originally Posted by ac777
So if I am flying CO I can assign my miles to AP--but it seems we cannot do this with this flight--so will I be able to change my accumulation request from AC to CO?
Yes, you'll be able to change it. For everyone who has specified a preference to collect for the charter in a program that we won't actually be able to collect in we'll have a way for you to change it.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:35 pm

Oliver was AC even contacted about participating?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.