StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
RE: The Westin Seattle, on Monday I'll call and ask our contact there for information on the room type choices.

Xyzzy
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xyzzy
RE: The Westin Seattle, on Monday I'll call and ask our contact there for information on the room type choices.

Xyzzy
Thanks. I'd be happy with a traditional room but if deluxe rooms become available I'll book one of them.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by tommy777
The Westin Seattle is now ready for booking. We will send out the link shortly. Please reserve your room asap as it's pretty packed in Seattle for some conference.

I'm very happy that so many has booked the Sheraton Houston. It makes it so much easier for us to negotiate better rates for events like this when you support the host hotels. (besides it's easier to crawl back to your room in house after hours and hours of open bar )

Thank you all! Pls keep that up with the Seattle Sheraton.
Did I miss something, did you already send out the Seattle Sheraton booking link? Did I miss it somehow with the recent FT technical problems? I looked through the last few days worth of messages, and I only see the one that I quoted above, but I also see that a bunch of people are already talking about the rooms available and what they booked, so I'm a bit puzzled. Care to illuminate please?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by USirritated
Did I miss something, did you already send out the Seattle Sheraton booking link? Did I miss it somehow with the recent FT technical problems? I looked through the last few days worth of messages, and I only see the one that I quoted above, but I also see that a bunch of people are already talking about the rooms available and what they booked, so I'm a bit puzzled. Care to illuminate please?
You should have received an email with the link for booking the Westin Seattle. It was more or less the same as the email that covered Houston and NYC. It was sent around 10:30am EDT on 20 August. If you do not have it PM me and I'll get you the link.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I did find the link, but the rate is now $146++. Are there going to be more rooms released at the lower rate?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:41 pm

I did find the link, but the rate is now $146++. Are there going to be more rooms released at the lower rate?
that was the rate I booked for my traditional room.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
that was the rate I booked for my traditional room.
I thought the negotiated rate was supposed to be $99++?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:24 pm

I thought the negotiated rate was supposed to be $99++?
No the Westin Seattle was never quoted at $99. Please go (re-)read post #2 in this thread.

The quoted us $149 and we ended up getting a rate of $146. All rates are ++.

Most of the logistics are covered in the first couple of posts in this thread. If you have questions, you can refer back to those posts.

-David
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by sbm12
You should have received an email with the link for booking the Westin Seattle. It was more or less the same as the email that covered Houston and NYC. It was sent around 10:30am EDT on 20 August. If you do not have it PM me and I'll get you the link.
I think the point of the query was what gives with the reference in Tommy's post to the Seattle Sheraton and keeping what up?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder

... what gives with the reference in Tommy's post to the Seattle Sheraton ...
I assumed that was just a typo. Didn't you?

All the other posts before and after, including post #2 and the email said Westin Seattle.

-David
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002

November 5

8.00 am We board our charter flight in IAH to fly to PHX

The charter will be operated by a Continental 757-300 with 24 F and 192 Y config. We have the option to add a 737-900 with 20F/153Y or bigger if the booking situation demands it.

On arrival in PHX we join US Airways for an event. Program: TBD, watch this space

aprox 12.30 pm: We depart PHX for PAE

TBD pm: we arrive in Paine Field at Boeing to tour the facilities and visit LH's latest aircraft type, the 748i
Are there any details for activities that follow the Boeing tour and the anticipated arrival time back in Seattle on Friday evening?

Also - anything planned at the Westin that evening?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by cova
Are there any details for activities that follow the Boeing tour and the anticipated arrival time back in Seattle on Friday evening?
Transportation will be provided back to downtown. The timing has not been finalized. If you are not planning on sleeping in Seattle with the rest of the group then you might be on your own for transportation depending on what your personal needs are.

Originally Posted by cova
Also - anything planned at the Westin that evening?
We expect to have an event on Friday night. Details to come once we have them finalized.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I assumed that was just a typo. Didn't you?

All the other posts before and after, including post #2 and the email said Westin Seattle.

-David
I have been slapped down too many times for "assuming" anything on this thread. I realize all references have been to the Seattle Westin but several Sheraton Seattle loyalists had been lobbying for that SPG property to agree to give a special rate too and thus thought this reference may have been telling us to keep lobbying that hotel to do so. Maybe I was "assuming" too much by that, but given this Sheraton reference was in bold face...after all I'd also have expected a typo to have been spotted by others and corrected.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
...several Sheraton Seattle loyalists had been lobbying for that SPG property to agree to give a special rate too and thus thought this reference may have been telling us to keep lobbying that hotel to do so.
That is not going to happen. There is a huge conference at the Sheraton Seattle on the days we will be in Seattle. Our room block is at the Westin.

Xyzzy
Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:43 pm

...after all I'd also have expected a typo to have been spotted by others and corrected.
It was corrected (or at least commented on) in this post two days ago:
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, it is. @:-)
And at least once more since then. I'll try to get Tommy to fix his post but in the mean time please understand that the booking is for the Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.