Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.61 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by smcmona
What a great trip, I was so impressed with the FlyerTalker's I met, the organizing team, and the industry representatives who really do care about our input.

A party I hope to be a part of again!

Randy Class/Tommy Class rocks!
+1! Absolutely! And Randy Class/Tommy Class does rock

On the light rail about to get to SEA. I think 10% of the IAH return group is sitting next to me on the rail. A great end to a great event . Now if I could just get some of the local java to wake me up, I would be in much better shape.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, IHG, Amtrak
Flyertalkers are storming the PC at SEA. Come on in and yell if you need access.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by legalalien
Cabs run $40 or so from the hotel, and will not get you there any faster. I learned the hard way last night after missing the last train to the airport. The trains start running around 6:30 on Saturdays. Too many interesting people to talk to = extra expense. Or maybe alcohol is the main reason.

I'm on board my flight to ORD, and I already miss the passengers and the crew of CO1905. See y'all next year or earlier.
Sorry to hear that you missed the train! Next time you should just stick around for the after party.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by scubaflyer
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.61 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

+1! Absolutely! And Randy Class/Tommy Class does rock

On the light rail about to get to SEA. I think 10% of the IAH return group is sitting next to me on the rail. A great end to a great event . Now if I could just get some of the local java to wake me up, I would be in much better shape.
We might be gone by the time you get here, but a bunch of us are in the B9 PC.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
I shot an excellent video of the Pillow Fight including FA getting slammed . I can't seem to load it to youtube. If any of you would give it a try, I'll email it you you if you send me a PM with your email address.

And thanks Tommy, Oliver, Seth, Randy ----- you give great party.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Just want to pass along another quick thanks to the organizers for a lot of fun. The Boeing tour was a definite highlight. And it was great to see old friends and meet new ones.

It will probably take me a few days to sort through photos and write a blog entry since I never did get around to taking a nap after my red-eye back to IAD last night / this morning.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: *Alliance
Originally Posted by hughw
... including FA getting slammed
Remember that the FAs boss might not be so amused by the video. Cn you edit out the FA portion? No need to cause her any grief.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Huge thanks to the organizers and behind the scenes folks who put so much of their time and effort into making SMD2 an enormous success. So much fun and can't wait to do it again.

Now on the party flight back to Houston. The crew.has made sure there are plenty of pillows available {{grin}}.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:08 am

Also want to add my thanks to all the organisers for the fantastic trip they put together and for putting up with all our queries while no doubt trying to do a multitude of other things. What a way to kick off my first DO - great tours, great people and a great charter flight Bring on SMD3!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Well, I'm not part of the Do but Saw a big sign in front of the Club Lounge this morning at the Seattle Sheraton Club Lounge welcoming Flyer Talkers!

Guess I just missed seeing a good group of people
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:38 am

Thanks to everyone for a great time, especially tommy777, oliver2002, sbm12, and xyzzy for all that goes into planning such an event.

For those of you who were on the charter flight, you'll remember that LukeSkywaiter and xyzzy officially kicked off the 2010 Holiday Donation Drive for Continental Airlines WeCare Employee Fund.

If you're interested in donating, please read the following thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ion-drive.html) or go to www.ffgiving.org
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Are there any details from the CO presentation on Thursday?
At previous CO DO's we got live summaries - calling sbm12

Sounds like a great event (my work superceded attendance) but there is next year!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by cova
Are there any details from the CO presentation on Thursday?
At previous CO DO's we got live summaries - calling sbm12

Sounds like a great event (my work superceded attendance) but there is next year!
It was not really a presentation, more a mix-and-mingle event.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
A huge thanks to our fearless organizers, tommy777, oliver2002, sbm12, and xyzzy and everyone who helped put this DO together! SMD2 totally rocked!

I just did the domestic portion and wow, what a trip! The Boeing tour was spectacular, it was totally over the top to go On the Dream Lifter And be one of the first to go on the 787 And go on the factory floor at Boeing! Wow, totally mind blowing. I would have guessed I'd have a better chance of getting on Air Force 1 than the Dream Lifter. Hint for next year Tommy?

Met some great people and had a great time, Thanks!!! ^^^
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Powers106
Starwood was amazing! After all that good stuff, they rocked us with excellent buffet food (normally an oxymoron), and 3 full service bars, and a great presentation of their new priorities and new properties....impressive! And FUN!
Let's not forget the tennis ball.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.