Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:31 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Thanks Tommy!

BTW, there are four sub-albums, not three. The Boeing 787 Tour (70 photos) is tucked in under the Boeing 787 Factory album.

On the right side of main page three albums are shown, the same three as on the left. At the bottom of that box is a link "Show all albums" click on that and the Boeing 787 Tour will appear. Here's a direct link.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:54 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks, lili for pointing this out.

There I was thinking it's a pity there are no photos inside the 787!
Old Feb 14, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: *Alliance
Terrific people shots. Should have a contest to see who can identify the most attendees
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:04 pm

Thanks for posting great pictures!!!
Old Feb 14, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by violist
Speaking of things not gotten, Michi, I never got
my calendar, though money was deducted for it.
same here
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by lili
BTW, there are four sub-albums, not three. The Boeing 787 Tour (70 photos) is tucked in under the Boeing 787 Factory album.

On the right side of main page three albums are shown, the same three as on the left. At the bottom of that box is a link "Show all albums" click on that and the Boeing 787 Tour will appear. Here's a direct link.
Thanks lili. I almost missed that.

-David
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs up SMD2010 photos

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Great! Thanks for posting the link! ^
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
Even better thanks for getting them uploaded.
+2 Great work, all who've made, ferried, and uploaded the Boeing CD.

Originally Posted by Bonnerbl
Terrific people shots. Should have a contest to see who can identify the most attendees
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Thanks for posting great pictures!!!
+2 The photos' quality is uniformly great. Great work by our friend at Boeing.

I'm excited to be easily recognizable as guy in shorts on ZA003 tour @ 6/70, 12/70 & as a blur in 2/70 as well as in the factory at 18/47, 19/47 (best photo), 20/47 and from the tarmac @ 126/219, 127/219, 128/219, 132/219, etc. They bring back such great memories with more to come.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by violist
Speaking of things not gotten, Michi, I never got
my calendar, though money was deducted for it.
I put my name down for a calendar, but I didn't receive any concrete information about paying for one/ordering one. Did I miss an email, or just something on the Box?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:02 am

Thank you ...

Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by tommy777
No sweat. When Seth comes back from Mauritius, we'll make them available on our server for downloads
Thanks, guys. I can only see really small pics, so downloading bigger files would be really nice (and easier).

BEG2IAH
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by BEG2IAH
Thanks, guys. I can only see really small pics, so downloading bigger files would be really nice (and easier).

BEG2IAH
It's only showing the thumbnail. Click on the pic to see the larger view. Either way, if you download the file (move the pointer to the upper left side of the image until a menu appears, select file/download) you will get the full image.

-David
Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
It's only showing the thumbnail. Click on the pic to see the larger view. Either way, if you download the file (move the pointer to the upper left side of the image until a menu appears, select file/download) you will get the full image.
I batch downloaded down all the "full size" pics from the site and they are all low-res (only fill 1/4 of my laptop screen, nowhere near print size). I don't think we get access to the original files. (Or did I miss a link?)

Maybe Seth will post higher-res files?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by paranoiatx
I batch downloaded down all the "full size" pics from the site and they are all low-res (only fill 1/4 of my laptop screen, nowhere near print size). I don't think we get access to the original files. (Or did I miss a link?)
Did you download them using that little popup file/download thing?

Did you resize the window? When I opened them in preview on the mac, they all open to a small (thumbnail-ish) size, but they expand when I resize the window (not zoom, just resize the window to make it larger to show the original pic).

Most image files on the mac just open to a normal size. I think these are encoded somehow to open to a small view?

The files I downloaded are all around 1800 x 1197 resolution (some are smaller, but they aren't that small). Much lower than the Nikon D3's resolution, but a very reasonable size for viewing/sharing. You should be able to view the photo info after you download the pics. (on mac, in preview, go to tools/show inspector, then select exif. Not sure how to do that on the PC, but I'm sure you can figure it out.)

Other than that, I don't know anything about photobucket or why anybody would use it. Good luck.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Feb 15, 2011 at 5:58 pm
Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Thank you ...

+100000

It was an amazing experience! Thank you!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Did you download them using that little popup file/download thing?

Did you resize the window? When I opened them in preview on the mac, they all open to a small (thumbnail-ish) size, but they expand when I resize the window (not zoom, just resize the window to make it larger to show the original pic).

Most image files on the mac just open to a normal size. I think these are encoded somehow to open to a small view?

The files I downloaded are all around 1800 x 1197 resolution. Much lower than the Nikon D3's resolution, but a very reasonable size for viewing/sharing.
I've tried multiple avenues: 1. manual download via File/Download, 2. album download button (zip file) and 3. a quick external script to suck em all down. However they are always the same file you get when you use the File/Download menu item and are about 1024x680 pixels.

The site mentions you get them higher res if you have a Pro account, so maybe that accounts for the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.