Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fozz
That I understood as I'm in that boat. But is there any way for us to get credit for those legs was what I was asking. I couldn't find anything concrete about it in the thread.
Sorry, but no.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by fozz
That I understood as I'm in that boat. But is there any way for us to get credit for those legs was what I was asking. I couldn't find anything concrete about it in the thread.
I thought oliver posted that people would previously, hence people counting on it. Now, whether UA go back & do it for those who didn't get them may be why sbm12 is saying no, as it might be out of their hands or probably is at this time. Same w/ the *wood points people were expecting. Actually I think tommy said that & sbm12 is just reiterating it.

I think next year the organizers need to make clear that people shouldn't count on miles or hotel points posting properly or timely, & to just treat them as extras, since a few folk got burned by it (not me; I don't have a dog in this hunt, but can sympathise). Same w/ the extra bennies that some got excited about based on the organizers excitement but then didn't materialize. If folk don't count on them & then it comes through, then it's like getting an unexpected Christmas or Hanukkah gift.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Jan 12, 2011, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I thought oliver posted that people would previously, hence people counting on it. Now, whether UA go back & do it for those who didn't get them may be why sbm12 is saying no, as it might be out of their hands or probably is at this time. Same w/ the *wood points people were expecting. Actually I think tommy said that & sbm12 is just reiterating it.
The official announcement from UA was that you'd get the segments you flew. We submitted the data and they have their ways of confirming what it was. Think about it a bit and it shouldn't be that hard to figure out what they're doing. We cannot split the credit between programs because they each had different policies about what would be credited and, besides that, it has already been submitted and we aren't in a position to send in more data again.

I think next year the organizers need to make clear that people shouldn't count on miles or hotel points posting properly
I disagree, for obvious reasons, but thanks for your input.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sbm12

I disagree, for obvious reasons, but thanks for your input.
My point re: saying people shouldn't count on it in future but to look for it as an unexpected gift was that some did this year, whether it was hotel or airline things & some stuff didn't come through. If it had all gone smoothly or promptly, then this thread would have been several pages shorter & there wouldn't have been will it post or not, when will it post, should I count on it or should I do a MR, a gazillion times, and some of the worry/disgruntedness wouldn't have been floating around towards the organizers or to the hotel & airline programs.

By posting a disclaimer up front next year it might avoid some of that; it was just a suggestion. Shrug - sorry it was taken the wrong way. And heck, even w/ a disclaimer, this is FT - you'd probably get all those posts anyway

Actually, given planning for SMD3 or input is happening now, is there really any reason to keep this thread open any longer? Might be time to lock it & look forward to the exciting things y'all are planning for SMD3.

Even if it's not locked, not sure how much extra info can be posted so I'm taking it off the unsubscribe list, at least for me.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Actually, given planning for SMD3 or input is happening now, is there really any reason to keep this thread open any longer?
I had a great time on the SMD2. Wow, that was fun!!

But still outstanding for me is the fact that I never got the right miles from CO, I never got the 1,000 SPG bonus points, I never saw any official photos from Boeing...so it does, at least to me, seem premature to start closing down the thread.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Powers106
I had a great time on the SMD2. Wow, that was fun!!

But still outstanding for me is the fact that I never got the right miles from CO, I never got the 1,000 SPG bonus points, I never saw any official photos from Boeing...so it does, at least to me, seem premature to start closing down the thread.
Please PM me info on what you received from CO and what is missing. I'll have a look at that for you. If anyne else has issues with CO postings, please do the same. I'm not sure what's up with SPG or the pix (I've not seen them either).
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Is there someone who is following up with SPG? I'd be happy to call the Platinum Concierge on my own behalf if I knew the promo code or whatever language to use.
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Please PM me info on what you received from CO and what is missing. I'll have a look at that for you. If anyne else has issues with CO postings, please do the same. I'm not sure what's up with SPG or the pix (I've not seen them either).
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
SPG is my baby, will follow up again.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Great! ^
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:41 am

I got miles on BMI and didn't expect anything from SPG, so that part is fine for me. (Nethertheless I fully understand you all expecting that "promises" are kept).

What I really would love to see are all these picures that were taking at the Boeing tour. What happened to these pictures? No film in the camera?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MLang2
I got miles on BMI and didn't expect anything from SPG, so that part is fine for me. (Nethertheless I fully understand you all expecting that "promises" are kept).

What I really would love to see are all these picures that were taking at the Boeing tour. What happened to these pictures? No film in the camera?
Me too..... (said in a very quiet voice)
Old Jan 15, 2011, 1:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Celebrating the generosity of StarMegaDo

http://www.starmegado.com/2011/01/13...of-starmegado/

This year the various events associated with StarMegaDo raised over $12,000 through several different channels and events. Of that, we are quite honored to be able to present $5,000 to the Help Alliance group.
^^
Old Jan 15, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Wow, SideBurnMiller12
Old Jan 15, 2011, 4:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jupper
Wow, SideBurnMiller12
LOL.. Indeed
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Any news on the SPG 4K issue?

Br,
HerrO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.