Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2007, 6:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by anaggie
well that is what I am going to do before CITI changes the rules on me !!!
what fax number should we fax that information to?
Old Oct 15, 2007, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
what fax number should we fax that information to?
I was given 605----357----2073, but have not fax it to them yet.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Just to clarify--What, exactly, are you faxing to them? Is it a screenshot of the web page stating the limit is 150K, or did they tell you to send in something different? If possible, could someone post a link to what they're faxing in?

Also, does anyone know whether this card qualifies for the Amex Plat FHR program?

Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Baby61212
Just to clarify--What, exactly, are you faxing to them? Is it a screenshot of the web page stating the limit is 150K
Yes

Originally Posted by Baby61212
Also, does anyone know whether this card qualifies for the Amex Plat FHR program?

No. It has a different program through http://entre.com
Old Oct 17, 2007, 1:20 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I just got my card, but there does not appear to be any information on how the Priority Pass membership works, can anyone provide any insight on this?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Does this card offer instant approval or does it take a few days? I submitted mine on Sunday and called today to check up on it...Still no approval/denial...why such a long time?

BTW -- I have had 1 pull on my credit since June for leasing a car under my company. Other than that, nothing else.

Also, do the AMEX cards count against one CITI card every 60 days?

I would like to appy for a CITI Professional card also.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
I just got my card, but there does not appear to be any information on how the Priority Pass membership works, can anyone provide any insight on this?
I have no experience with this level of PP but for the Chairman level, it works as per the following:

1) Find a lounge that accepts PP
2) Go to lounge, present your PP and ID (sometimes)
3) Sign required paperwok
4) RELAX and have a free drink !!!

There are some restictions with the PLAT AMEX level -- if you go to the first post of this thread, the restrictions are written.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 4:31 pm

I have no experience with this level of PP but for the Chairman level, it works as per the following:
That's the problem, I have the card but no Priority Pass and no indication of how I'm supposed to get it. Will it come separately maybe?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 4:36 pm

That's the problem, I have the card but no Priority Pass and no indication of how I'm supposed to get it. Will it come separately maybe?
This post which is just 23 posts above yours has the links on how to sign up

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ss#post8431357

I did sign up using the links above, but never received any direct info from Citi.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
This post which is just 23 posts above yours has the links on how to sign up

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ss#post8431357

I did sign up using the links above, but never received any direct info from Citi.
Thank you!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Does this card offer instant approval or does it take a few days? I submitted mine on Sunday and called today to check up on it...Still no approval/denial...why such a long time?

BTW -- I have had 1 pull on my credit since June for leasing a car under my company. Other than that, nothing else.
If you're not instantly approved, you need to wait for your application to be manually reviewed. Most likely it's still in the queue.

I've found that Citi doesn't really like to give instant approval once you have a few cards with them. That seems to automatically require a manual review.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by acf573
If you're not instantly approved, you need to wait for your application to be manually reviewed. Most likely it's still in the queue.

I've found that Citi doesn't really like to give instant approval once you have a few cards with them. That seems to automatically require a manual review.
Agreed. I had 2 personal cards and 1 business card with Citi when I applied. It took a good week to get approved. The limit was about 8K, which is the smallest of all my Citibank cards. In fact it's 1/3 the limit of the last card I was approved for. Though overall Citi's exposure with me is quite great.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 1:58 pm

Something to note, you will get a package with the links and phone numbers for all the benefits. It just takes an extra week or so.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by motytrah
Something to note, you will get a package with the links and phone numbers for all the benefits. It just takes an extra week or so.
I got a brochure from them awhile ago, but it failed to mention how to register for a priority pas or Identity Theft Monitoring. Thanks for FT, I was able to register. Calling Citi also did not help.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by acf573

got an email saying that application approved....now on the fight for the 150k points instead of the 75k points cap !!!

Waiting for the Professional card approval !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.