Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cit ThankYou Points Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:17 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JeffISU
Anyone else heard this yet?
This has been under discussion, in this very same thread, since February. The first message is here...

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=363

The initial discussions are typical Flyertalk "sky-is-falling" hyperbole, but read through that until you find the step-by-step instructions for linking a free Expedia account to your ThankYou account. At least for now, that's all you need to do to continue to redeem points for Fixed Flight awards.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by dgordon
The 45000 points is easier to earn than AA miles as I get 2400 a month for banking at Citibank so virtually doing nothing and I only use my PP credit card at gas stations and grocery stores where I get 2 points per $ which then frees up 2 flight points which I am getting on award tickets. Frankly, I am really pleased that I have been collecting these Thank You points and just yesterday I got to see how it works.
How do you get 2400 TY points every month from Citibank. I thought the max you can get is 1400 TY points from all the various accounts. Am I right?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Originally Posted by mia
The initial discussions are typical Flyertalk "sky-is-falling" hyperbole, but read through that until you find the step-by-step instructions for linking a free Expedia account to your ThankYou account. At least for now, that's all you need to do to continue to redeem points for Fixed Flight awards.
Thanks.. hadn't paged back through those yet.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 8:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by yuchung5
Are last minute domestic F tickets from AA usually refundable?
If yes, can I still call AA to "change" the ticket to maybe 2 coach class ticket with "refund" the ticket?
Thanks
I just cancelled a refundable ticket (for work) and I had a choice of a refund to the original card and another option (voucher or apply to another ticket - not sure). As I was buying another ticket on another airline, I did not pay attention to the other option - but the point of the post is that there is an option how you want to have the cancellation process handled.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by jamflyer
I just cancelled a refundable ticket (for work) and I had a choice of a refund to the original card and another option (voucher or apply to another ticket - not sure). As I was buying another ticket on another airline, I did not pay attention to the other option - but the point of the post is that there is an option how you want to have the cancellation process handled.
Did you purchase the refundable ticket w/TYN points?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamflyer
That policy differs from one airline to another. With NWA they refund the original form of payment.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by rdchen
Did you purchase the refundable ticket w/TYN points?
No - coorporate cash.

Originally Posted by budblab
That policy differs from one airline to another. With NWA they refund the original form of payment.
My response was in reference to AA
Old Apr 23, 2008, 4:28 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by maulah
How do you get 2400 TY points every month from Citibank. I thought the max you can get is 1400 TY points from all the various accounts. Am I right?
I have never heard of a limit to the number of TYP per month. I have earned over 280K TYP since I got my card last August. My limit is 100K purchase points/calendar year from what I have read (+ 100K flight points = 200K TYP per calendar year). At that point I either get another PP Elite card or switch to another reward-earning card.

John
Old Apr 24, 2008, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by fti
I have never heard of a limit to the number of TYP per month. I have earned over 280K TYP since I got my card last August. My limit is 100K purchase points/calendar year from what I have read (+ 100K flight points = 200K TYP per calendar year). At that point I either get another PP Elite card or switch to another reward-earning card.

John
I think maulah's question relates to the points you get from banking services, as opposed to the points you get for using your credit/debit card or from buying stuff through the online mall. Maybe maulah is asking how many banking products/services you have with Citi.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: UR, MR, Alaska, AA, Delta, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
DELTA voucher question

Originally Posted by mtparadis
When I've gotten DL vouchers from TYP, it has been valid for any paid fare I have tried to book on Delta.com. When you first change your ticket from what was booked by Expedia, that first ticket must be in the name of the same person as the TYP ticket. Once this ticket is issued, you get a residual eCredit valid for ANYONE for a year. I have had no problem using vouchers for a ticket for myself, which then triggers the creation of a new voucher and using this new voucher for someone else.
I'm also trying to use the first voucher for myself, then use the 2nd voucher for leftover credit to purchase a ticket for someone else.

Now, I've spoken to 6 different Delta reps, and they've all said the following: voucher received for canceled flights from non-refundable, non-transferrable fares cannot be used for tickets other than the original passenger.

I'm just wondering if they've changed, or if you purchased a type of fare that allowed this...

For anyone who's been successful, when you got the 2nd voucher (after using the first to purchase a ticket for yourself), was there anything different...maybe the voucher didn't have your name tied to it?

Has anyone been successful and/or gotten confirmation of this recently?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Originally Posted by slipstreamv2
I'm also trying to use the first voucher for myself, then use the 2nd voucher for leftover credit to purchase a ticket for someone else.

Now, I've spoken to 6 different Delta reps, and they've all said the following: voucher received for canceled flights from non-refundable, non-transferrable fares cannot be used for tickets other than the original passenger.

I'm just wondering if they've changed, or if you purchased a type of fare that allowed this...

For anyone who's been successful, when you got the 2nd voucher (after using the first to purchase a ticket for yourself), was there anything different...maybe the voucher didn't have your name tied to it?

Has anyone been successful and/or gotten confirmation of this recently?

When you cancel the non-refundable ticket, you have an e-ticket that can be used toward a future ticket for the original passenger. You must also pay the applicable change fee. Any amount left over from this transaction will be placed in a voucher that can be used for anyone.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BOISJC744
When you cancel the non-refundable ticket, you have an e-ticket that can be used toward a future ticket for the original passenger. You must also pay the applicable change fee. Any amount left over from this transaction will be placed in a voucher that can be used for anyone.
Is this also the same for AA? We should start an FAQ for this. :-) I've done it on UA, and it works just fine...now I want to try AA...but I don't want to get screwed...
Old Apr 26, 2008, 7:17 pm

Programs: UR, MR, Alaska, AA, Delta, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
FYI, In my experience, the difference between the expedia price and TYN's pre-tax price was about ~9.1%.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by joelfreak
Is this also the same for AA? We should start an FAQ for this. :-) I've done it on UA, and it works just fine...now I want to try AA...but I don't want to get screwed...
AA works for me.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:35 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by joelfreak
Did anyone tried Airtran or Midwest for this? Any experience with any LCC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.