Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you are a Citigold member.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Tintin
Is it possible to get the fee waived (or reduced) for the Carte Blanche card (Black DC)?

Thanks,
Tintin
No they will not waive the annual fee or apply a $95 discount the annual fee of Carte Blanche card for Citigold customers. If you want the annual fee waived for this card or Chairman Card consider opening a private bank account with $20MM in assets or more.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
To clarify - the gold ATM card that you get with your citigold account can be one that gives AA miles, OR, it can be a Thank You one - it will say thank you in the back. I switched to this because you can easily get thank you points with all your banking products. However, you are ALSO eligible for a fee waived AA credit card. I recommend waiting until your miles have posted just to make sure that they don't tell you that you aren't elgible for the miles because of the "free" fee card. Since this card has the fee waived for a year anyway, and the next bonus comes on your anniversery..... this is a different promotion on a credit card than before, so people may have experience that indicates that caution is not necessary. So...you can sign up for the thank you points program AND be a member of AA Aadvantage - it is just the ATM card that has to be the Thank you points in order to get credit in that program. Once established, I would then get the premier pass card as I described above. Good luck, and welcome to the club.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 6:34 am

I have heard that the diner club card does not show up in credit report, which means there is no credit inquery. Can someone confirm this? What about the other fee waived cards with citigold?

THanks.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 9:57 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Diners Club, Citi Chairman, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, SPG Gold, Marriott Slvr
Originally Posted by yoyo
I have heard that the diner club card does not show up in credit report, which means there is no credit inquery. Can someone confirm this? What about the other fee waived cards with citigold?

THanks.
Just because a company does not report to credit bureaus does not imply that they do not do credit inquiries.

If you apply for a Diners card, they will check your credit. (They checked Equifax on me.) However, they will not report your activity to a credit bureau. This policy is subject to change. (They may report negative credit history, but I do not have experience with that.)
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:29 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
What about the other fee waived cards with citigold?
THanks.
Other fee-wiaved cards...e.g CitiPremier Pass, AA platinum Select, are reported on credit report both inquiry when applying and credit activity.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT

THanks.
In my personal experience, a Corporate Diners Club does not show up in one's credit report (I had 2 with 2 different employers), while a personal Diners Club does.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by MiamiBeach
In my personal experience, a Corporate Diners Club does not show up in one's credit report (I had 2 with 2 different employers), while a personal Diners Club does.
My personal Diners Club reports every month even if I dont have a balance but I have had my Diners Club card for close to 20 years. And the fee is waived by the Citigroup Private Bank so not sure if that makes a differnce but I dont think so. If your Diners Club is not reporting maybe it some kinda of computer glitch who knows or it truely a benfits of Citigold which the private bank does not do for it customers.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Diners Club, Citi Chairman, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, SPG Gold, Marriott Slvr
Originally Posted by dolmar
My personal Diners Club reports every month even if I dont have a balance but I have had my Diners Club card for close to 20 years. And the fee is waived by the Citigroup Private Bank so not sure if that makes a differnce but I dont think so. If your Diners Club is not reporting maybe it some kinda of computer glitch who knows or it truely a benfits of Citigold which the private bank does not do for it customers.
Recently diners club experienced an issue due to a system change. They were inaccurately reporting credit information. As a result, they stopped reporting to credit bureaus temporarily. Check the Diners forum for more details. My personal card has never been reported.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by awake_at_midnight
Recently diners club experienced an issue due to a system change. They were inaccurately reporting credit information. As a result, they stopped reporting to credit bureaus temporarily. Check the Diners forum for more details. My personal card has never been reported.
So how is this a Citigold Benfit?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

If I update my Citigold to EZcheck. Whether the Citicard would charge my fee of Premier Pass Elite and Diners Club charge card? Thank you.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by dolmar
So how is this a Citigold Benfit?
It's not a Citigold benefit. It's just how Diners works for the time being.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 4:24 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by icbkcnbjicc
If I update my Citigold to EZcheck. Whether the Citicard would charge my fee of Premier Pass Elite and Diners Club charge card? Thank you.
You meant to say "downgrade" to EZCheck... Yes your credit cards will be charged when the upcoming annual fee is due because once u r no longer CitiGold, your cards will no longer be coded as CitiGold, and therefore, they are no longer fee-waived.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
Does anyone happen to have a chairman card application or a copy of one? Any information or help would be appreciated. Feel free to pm me. Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:45 pm

will you earn monthly TY points for banking if you have AA debit??

Originally Posted by kiam
You can switch to Thank You Debit Card if you want but your AA Debit card will be cancelled. This can be done over the phone. You have to understand that Thank You Debit cards give you points ranging from 300 up to 1200 points per month for just having certain number of CitiBank products linked to your ATM card...e.g. debit card+checking, savings, CD, direct deposit, bill payment...etc With 7 products, you get 1200 points every months for just having those accounts linked.

Regarding eligible credit cards, once you link them to your online access (to your debit card), just send an email to CitiGold asking them to code your credit cards as CitiGold, this will automatically waive your subsequent annual fees. No need to wait until the fee shows up then call to waive.. One time deal to have it coded properly from the beginning, then no more worry about the fees.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by dgordon
To clarify - the gold ATM card that you get with your citigold account can be one that gives AA miles, OR, it can be a Thank You one - it will say thank you in the back. I switched to this because you can easily get thank you points with all your banking products. However, you are ALSO eligible for a fee waived AA credit card. I recommend waiting until your miles have posted just to make sure that they don't tell you that you aren't elgible for the miles because of the "free" fee card. Since this card has the fee waived for a year anyway, and the next bonus comes on your anniversery..... this is a different promotion on a credit card than before, so people may have experience that indicates that caution is not necessary. So...you can sign up for the thank you points program AND be a member of AA Aadvantage - it is just the ATM card that has to be the Thank you points in order to get credit in that program. Once established, I would then get the premier pass card as I described above. Good luck, and welcome to the club.

I was told tonight by rep that I could have AA premium debit AND get the 1200 monthly debit points is this accurate??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.