Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you are a Citigold member.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:22 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by awake_at_midnight
Are you are spending more than you are flying? Yes, they all get transferred to the same Thank You account. However the flight points don't get transferred to the Thank You account if you haven't spent enough on your card.
I can't agree with this. I definitely got much more flight points than purchase points and somehow ALL points have been transferred to my ThankYou account.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Is it possible that the RENEWED CD (automatically renewed) is not counted as one of the qualified activities for ThankYou points? Since when my CD was renewed 3 months ago, my points earned each month was reduced from 900 to 600. Other activities remain the same. Not sure why. Never bother calling them cos it is only 300 points difference....but just wondering.

Last edited by kiam; Aug 24, 2006 at 9:35 am
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:53 am

Just a note in case it hasn't been posted. The new CITI-AMEX-AADVANTAGE credit card cannot be linked to CitiGold (which means annual fee cannot be waived), nor it can be linked to any ATM card for access purpose on CitiBank Online websote. As per what they said, the current system cannot support this new card to be managed online. Only Citi Card website can do so. A little disappointment to find this out. With many other great things their banking website can do, this new card cannot be addded/linked.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 3:29 pm

downgrading an account?

I notice that I can upgrade my existing Citi checking account to Citigold online. My question is after the upgrade, can I downgrade it back later? I have called Citigold reps and got very conflicting answers. Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by busterbaxter
I notice that I can upgrade my existing Citi checking account to Citigold online. My question is after the upgrade, can I downgrade it back later? I have called Citigold reps and got very conflicting answers. Thanks.

Do you need to post the same question 2X? Do think people are going to answer it faster then? Maybe try to post it 100X by that mentally and you will get an instant response.

Now as to question. Lets say I apply for a PPE card today. Annual fee will be billed day the account is opened. I get a Citigold account 6 months from now. No Citi will not refund the annual fee you paid 6 months ago. But if You apply today and open a Citigold account before the due date of the first statement then I am sure they will.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 8:17 am

I had a "Everything counts" account and I have managed to downgrade it to a regular EZ Checking account (very basic) since I have moved to BoA now..

So it is possible ..
KFlyer
Old Sep 13, 2006, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by KFlyer
I had a "Everything counts" account and I have managed to downgrade it to a regular EZ Checking account (very basic) since I have moved to BoA now..

So it is possible ..
KFlyer
Thanks. Did you need to call or visit a local branch for doing this? I called Citigold and they said I must come in to a local branch for downgrade. Since I don't have any branch locally it wouldn't be possible.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by happyvoid
To be a citigold member, can you upgrade your regular checking account or do you have to open a completely new account? Any benefits for doing either. Did you get any bonuses?
I converted. There was some paperwork but the account numbers, checks, etc., all stayed the same.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:35 pm

just call the 800 number on the back of the card and the rep can take care of it right away. 300 is 300

Originally Posted by kiam
Is it possible that the RENEWED CD (automatically renewed) is not counted as one of the qualified activities for ThankYou points? Since when my CD was renewed 3 months ago, my points earned each month was reduced from 900 to 600. Other activities remain the same. Not sure why. Never bother calling them cos it is only 300 points difference....but just wondering.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:56 pm

Thanks. Did you need to call or visit a local branch for doing this? I called Citigold and they said I must come in to a local branch for downgrade. Since I don't have any branch locally it wouldn't be possible.
No. I did not go to any branch. Just sent them an email requesting that and was done completely online ..

HTH
Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
CitiGold Question

Hi Everyone!

Last week I upgraded my Citibank EZ Checking to CitiGold. I just received my CitiGold checks and AAdvantage Gold Color Debit Card. Here are a few questions I have:

1. Am I going to receive a "Welcome Package" with all exclusive phone numbers etc.?

2. How do I choose the personal financial advisor?

3. I don't have an AAdvantage number (I was with NW WorldPerks). Citibank was supposed to open an AAdvantage ac.... for me. But, I cannot find it anywhere in Citibank Online. The number is not printed on the ATM card as well. Do they print the AAdvantage number on the card?

4. Lastly, how can I apply for the AAdvantage World Master Card (or DC) so that fee is automatically waived? I thought there will be a link in online access, but I cannot find it.

Thanks. Appreciate the help,
Tintin
Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
You can go to aa.com and immediately get a FF number. Also, you are best to apply for the 25K offer where you get 20K after your first $250 purchase, and 5K at your anniversary with your fee waived for that offer. After you get all your bonus miles, next year, when your fee appears but after you get your 5K miles (total 25K) then you would call the number on the card and explain that your fee should be waived because you are citigold. You can go into a convenient brance near you and ask for a financial advisor. The number you call is on your ATM card. If you have also signed up for the Thank you point program your ATM card should say, Thank you on the back. If it is the gold ATM card, it is that phone number. You then can see how many products you can sign up for to maximize your points. After getting your AAdvantage card, you might want to sign up for the premier pass card with their 15K offer. After you get the points and the fee shows up, you would call the number on the back of that card and tell them your fee is suppose to be waived because you are citigold. I use that card for purchased plane tickets (award tickets as well, groceries and gas only). Once established after the first time, it should be waived automatically. I do believe that you will receive a packet with the benefits, but you could also get it at your brance.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:47 am

You cant be enrolled in both AA ATM card and Thank you points program for banking. It is either one or the other not both.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:55 am

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dgordon
You can go to aa.com and immediately get a FF number. Also, you are best to apply for the 25K offer where you get 20K after your first $250 purchase, and 5K at your anniversary with your fee waived for that offer. After you get all your bonus miles, next year, when your fee appears but after you get your 5K miles (total 25K) then you would call the number on the card and explain that your fee should be waived because you are citigold. You can go into a convenient brance near you and ask for a financial advisor. The number you call is on your ATM card. If you have also signed up for the Thank you point program your ATM card should say, Thank you on the back. If it is the gold ATM card, it is that phone number. You then can see how many products you can sign up for to maximize your points. After getting your AAdvantage card, you might want to sign up for the premier pass card with their 15K offer. After you get the points and the fee shows up, you would call the number on the back of that card and tell them your fee is suppose to be waived because you are citigold. I use that card for purchased plane tickets (award tickets as well, groceries and gas only). Once established after the first time, it should be waived automatically. I do believe that you will receive a packet with the benefits, but you could also get it at your brance.
Hi! Thank you for so quick reply. Thanks for the tips on the credit cards. I will go for the 25K AA WorldMaster Card.

I got the Gold AA ATM Master Card. So, I think, I cannot enroll in the "Thank You" points (will be a double dipping).

Regarding the AA number, I think Citibank has already assigned me a number. I will call AA to find it out.

Is it possible to get the fee waived (or reduced) for the Carte Blanche card (Black DC)?

Thanks,
Tintin
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Tintin
I got the Gold AA ATM Master Card. So, I think, I cannot enroll in the "Thank You" points (will be a double dipping).

Regarding the AA number, I think Citibank has already assigned me a number. I will call AA to find it out.

Thanks,
Tintin
You can switch to Thank You Debit Card if you want but your AA Debit card will be cancelled. This can be done over the phone. You have to understand that Thank You Debit cards give you points ranging from 300 up to 1200 points per month for just having certain number of CitiBank products linked to your ATM card...e.g. debit card+checking, savings, CD, direct deposit, bill payment...etc With 7 products, you get 1200 points every months for just having those accounts linked.

Regarding eligible credit cards, once you link them to your online access (to your debit card), just send an email to CitiGold asking them to code your credit cards as CitiGold, this will automatically waive your subsequent annual fees. No need to wait until the fee shows up then call to waive.. One time deal to have it coded properly from the beginning, then no more worry about the fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.