Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Secure messaging is no longer available via:
Services
  • Credit Card Services /
    • Request a Credit Limit Increase /
      • Request Your Card Agreement (at left)
However, it may be available via (but as of late May 2019 this method, too, seems to be not working):
Print Wikipost

Citi Secure Message - now read only?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:34 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by RobertHanson

Put that in as the url, and hit enter.

Because when I do that, I get this:

"AccountOnline Temporarily Unavailable"
I get that all the time. I think it's because I'm using an older browser. Hit the refresh button and see what happens.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Well, I just tried to cancel a card via online chat but was told I needed to call in. Should I just try again later and hope for a different agent? I could have sworn that I used chat once and it saw that I wanted to cancel and did it automatically with no human interaction at all.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Robl

For Citi it’s becoming death by a thousand cuts. Lower offers, single use mailers, no SM matching - could the greatest churn be coming to the end?

Feels more like the autobahn getting a speed limit. Instead of being able to drive 200+ miles per hour, we're being throttled to about 80. You can still go a long way in a hurry at speeds like that.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
Well, I just tried to cancel a card via online chat but was told I needed to call in. Should I just try again later and hope for a different agent? I could have sworn that I used chat once and it saw that I wanted to cancel and did it automatically with no human interaction at all.

Same here had to call in to close, pain in the butt, "this is a brand new account why are you closing it". I think they want to cut down on churning by forcing human interaction with an attempt at a hard sell. Lots of millenials won't like this one bit ..
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Services, Credit Card Services, Request a Credit Limit Increase, Request Your Card Agreement
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:03 pm

I just chatted with Citi.
Request for miles offer bump was deferred to another dept. for approval.
Request to close a card was completed and successful.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
Same here had to call in to close, pain in the butt, "this is a brand new account why are you closing it". I think they want to cut down on churning by forcing human interaction with an attempt at a hard sell. Lots of millenials won't like this one bit ..
What reason did you give them after they asked why you are closing a "brand new account"?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:21 pm

What reason did you give them after they asked why you are closing a "brand new account"?
No reason - can you please just close the account?

I don't owe them an answer. If they keep asking keep saying "can you please just close the account? " They're just reading a script anyway.

Fellow got annoyed and read the disclosures in a rather unpleasant tone, but whatever.
muji likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:34 pm

shortcut to SM

Rather than playing hide and seek with Citi, just log in, then paste the following link into your browser et voila

https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/SecureMessageCenterNext.do?

Edit: just realized that this only works if you've already been to the SM center in that session. Huh.

Last edited by wyogold; Dec 18, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... just realized....
See post 32.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by mia
See post 32.
When I try this, it takes me to a login screen that I have to relog in even though I'm already logged in.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:36 pm

Finally bit the bullet and decided to call. Spoke to "Amber" in Arizona and she was real nice about it. Didn't ask for a reason. Offered to transfer the credit line to another card but then found out the Citi Premier was too new so she couldn't.
Interestingly, I closed SO's AA card this morning and was able to do it via online chat..unlike me.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:17 pm

Finally bit the bullet and decided to call. Spoke to "Amber" in Arizona and she was real nice about it. Didn't ask for a reason. Offered to transfer the credit line to another card but then found out the Citi Premier was too new so she couldn't.
Interestingly, I closed SO's AA card this morning and was able to do it via online chat..unlike me.
Closed wife's accounts via chat today. Maybe a time of day / day of week type of issue?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:52 pm

Closed wife's accounts via chat today. Maybe a time of day / day of week type of issue?
I have tried repeatedly to close cards via chat, but am always told that I have to call. Pass your luck onto me, please.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:48 pm

Yea, same as NTP9766, I couldn't do anything by chat...tried 3 times (different times and days) and always was told I had to call. As I said up-thread, it went well, at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.