Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Update: Citi did appropriately credit 5x points for a local restaurant that uses Square for credit card transactions.
jeepie likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Does anyone know if OTAs like Orbitz or Expedia qualify for 5x points for flight bookings? I researched about it but there isn't a confirmation.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by flyjfk
Does anyone know if OTAs like Orbitz or Expedia qualify for 5x points for flight bookings? I researched about it but there isn't a confirmation.
Got 5x on priceline purchase.
flyjfk likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by flyjfk
Depends on who charges the card. In most cases, it's the airline billing you even if sold by Expedia, which would qualify, but there are no guarantees.
flyjfk likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by lewis_saint
A CitiCard supervisor confirmed yesterday that it should happen before the end of the month.
A Citi relationship manager confirmed a few weeks ago that it should happen in January.

I don't think they would have refreshed on Jan 4th unless they planned to allow new applications soon thereafter.
I can't trust either level. Today's Sunday so it's not likely happening today. Tomorrow's the 28th and Thursday is the last day of the month.

Banks like Citi make me appreciate financial institutions like Navy Federal even more. I've never talked to a rep from India, and I've never been given a wrong answer. NFCU is also very transparent with their products.

When Citi said the 4th, they didn't say anything about refreshing cards that are currently open and delaying the date of open applications until the end of the month. They should have opened up applications on the 4th as well.

They continue to strive to make themselves look like the stupidest bank in America.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:42 pm

Quick update: according to CitiCards representatives yesterday, new applications will be accepted on February 1st. Fingers crossed for Friday! Bonuses won't be announced until then either.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Quick update: according to CitiCards representatives yesterday, new applications will be accepted on February 1st. Fingers crossed for Friday! Bonuses won't be announced until then either.
So before it was the end of the month. Now it's February 1st.

You could hold a picture of a black square and you'd get three different answers out of Citi reps about what shape is in the picture. One would say "circle," the other would say "rectangle," and the third would say "octagon."
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
So before it was the end of the month. Now it's February 1st.

You could hold a picture of a black square and you'd get three different answers out of Citi reps about what shape is in the picture. One would say "circle," the other would say "rectangle," and the third would say "octagon."
They just opened up new applications: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...d#ddl-pricinfo

They had hours to spare!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:36 pm

If you apply now, is the annual fee $350 for Citigold clients?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by WantsAmex
If you apply now, is the annual fee $350 for Citigold clients?
I applied today via the phone and am CitiGold. I specifically asked the agent if the annual fee would be $350 vs $495. They said they didn't see any notes about it.

That said, Citi agents aren't always well-informed on CitiGold perks (AA World Elite had $99 annual fee waived for over 10 years period to 2018, but they didn't know about it), so I expect things may be different once the card is linked.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:39 pm

I applied today via the phone and am CitiGold. I specifically asked the agent if the annual fee would be $350 vs $495. They said they didn't see any notes about it.

That said, Citi agents aren't always well-informed on CitiGold perks (AA World Elite had $99 annual fee waived for over 10 years period to 2018, but they didn't know about it), so I expect things may be different once the card is linked.

So how will you know what fee you're getting billed? You have to wait a month until it gets charged?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:41 pm

Basically, yes. I have also reached out to my CitiGold contacts to get clarification.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:57 am

Do they still have the assets/private bank TY points bonus?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by Visconti
Do they still have the assets/private bank TY points bonus?
no that was removed with the refresh.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
I downgraded my Citi Prestige to Citi Double Cash 22 months ago. Once I hit my 24 months will I be eligible to apply for the Prestige and Premier at the same time for both sign-up bonuses? Or does Citi restrict one card bonus only, per 24 months? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.