Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
This thread is a continuation of discussion from 2015 - 2017.

Is there currently an offer for this card with a signup bonus?

Yes
  • only affiliate 60k links seem to work now; go to https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-...ed-first-year/ for a working one and open it in in an Incognito / Private window8
  • 80K TYP for $4k spend/3 months. $95 AF waived for first year.
  • 30K TYP for $3K spend/3 months, $95 AF waived for first year. Open in private/incognito window for best results.
    • Offer not available if you have opened or closed a Preferred, Premier, or Prestige card in the past 24 months.
  • 30K TYP for $3K spend/3 months, $95 AF waived for first year. Open in private/incognito window for best results.
    • Offer not available if you have opened or closed a Preferred, Premier, or Prestige card in the past 24 months.

Does anybody know when the signup bonus will increase?No. Please don't ask in the thread "just to double-check if anybody knows." Nobody knows.

Can I see the number of TYP earned on an individual purchase?No. The best you can do is visit the Account Details page for your card to see how the merchant for a given transaction was categorized.

What are the bonus categories for the Premier card?
      Effective April 19th, 2015, unless you are participating in a limited-time offer, you will earn:Airlines are classified as merchants that provide air travel. Hotels are classified as merchants that provide sleeping or meeting room accommodations, and may include goods and services that are on a bill for these accommodations by a hotel, motel or inn. Car rental agencies are classified as merchants that provide short-term or long-term rentals of cars. Travel agencies are classified as merchants that provide travel information and booking services, and include travel aggregators and tour operators. Gas stations are classified as merchants that sell fuel for consumer use and may or may not be attended. Commuter transportation is classified as merchants that provide suburban and local mass passenger transportation over regular routes and on regular schedules, including ferries, commuter railways and subways. Taxis/limousines are classified as merchants that provide passenger transportation services for hire and includes horse-drawn cabs and carriages, bicycle taxis, aerial tramways, airport shuttles or cable cars. Passenger railways are classified as merchants that primarily provide long-distance transportation and may include overnight accommodations on the train. Cruise lines are classified as merchants that provide passenger transportation on the open sea or inland waters for the purpose of vacation or pleasure and operate predefined and advertised routes. Bridge and road tolls are classified as merchants who collect fees associated with toll roads, highways and bridges. Parking lots/garages are classified as merchants that provide temporary parking services for automobiles, usually on an hourly, daily or monthly contract or fee basis. Campgrounds and trailer parks are classified as merchants that provide overnight or short-term campsites for recreational vehicles, trailers, campers, or tents. Timeshares are classified as retailers that sell, lease, and rent timeshare real estate and arrange timeshare condominium exchanges. Bus lines are classified passenger bus transportation services that operate on a regular schedule over predetermined routes. Motor home and recreational vehicle rentals are classified as merchants that rent motor homes, RVs, pop-up campers, tent trailers, and other recreational vehicles on a daily, short-term, or extended-term basis. Boat leases and boat rentals are classified as merchants that primarily provide boat rental and leasing services, including fishing boats, non-crew houseboats, sail boats, powerboats, jet skis, and yachts.

Restaurants are classified as dining establishments that primarily prepare food and drinks for immediate consumption by consumers, either on the merchant’s premises or packaged for takeout, and include bars, cocktail lounges, discotheques, nightclubs, taverns and fast food restaurants. Sports promoters are classified as merchants that operate and promote live sporting events (professional or semi-professional), and may also include sports stadiums. Theatrical promoters are classified as merchants that operate live theatrical productions or concerts, and include ticketing agencies. Movie theaters are classified as establishments that sell tickets and refreshments for movie productions. Amusement parks (including zoos, circuses and aquariums) are classified as establishments that operate parks or carnivals and offer mechanical rides and games and/or live animal shows. Tourist attractions and museums (including art galleries) are classified as establishments that operate attractions and exhibits for tourists. Record stores are classified as establishments that sell CDs and related items, including online record stores. Video rental stores are classified as merchants that rent DVDs and/or games and related equipment for consumer use, including online video rentals.

We do not determine how merchants or establishments are classified, however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant's primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. Purchases not eligible to receive the additional ThankYou Points include, but are not limited to, purchases made at warehouse clubs, discount stores, department stores and convenience stores.

You may earn ThankYou Points as long as your Card Account is open and current. If your Card Account is closed, you will not be able to earn ThankYou Points and you will lose any accumulated ThankYou Points that have not been transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. Balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, returned purchases, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions, finance charges, Card Account fees, and fees for services and programs you elect to receive through us do not earn ThankYou Points unless otherwise specified.

If you do not already have a ThankYou Rewards Member Account ("ThankYou Member Account"), one will be set up for you. ThankYou Points earned from purchases post to your Card Account at the close of each billing cycle, and at that time we will transfer the ThankYou Points you earned to your ThankYou Member Account. (Bonus ThankYou Points may take one to two additional billing cycles to post to your Card Account.) ThankYou Points are not eligible for redemption until they are transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. ThankYou Points may not be redeemed and may be lost if your Card Account is not open or current.
      What happens to my TY points if I close my card account?Please see the wiki at Citi ThankYou points - cancel, downgrade & expiration considerations
      • 3 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, travel agencies, gas stations, commuter transportation, taxi/limousines, passenger railways, cruise lines, bridge and road tolls, parking lots/garages, campgrounds and trailer parks, time shares, bus lines, motor home/RV rental and boat rentals;
      • 2 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at restaurants and on select entertainment merchants, including sports promoters, theatrical promoters, movie theaters, amusement parks, tourist attractions, record stores and video rental stores; and
      • 1 ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on other purchases.
Print Wikipost

Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It seems that way to me too. Based on what I saw with credit limit increases on AA cards, it seems they may tailor some of them based on the total credit lines showing in the accessed credit report and use that along with the most recent reported income figure for the applicants. I would be surprised if it didn’t work much the same way to some extent for new credit card account applicants too.
I lowered my limits on other cards to very low amounts. Does anybody know if that gets reported to credit bureaus instantly? Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sam007
I lowered my limits on other cards to very low amounts. Does anybody know if that gets reported to credit bureaus instantly? Thanks
I just ran a check with Chase, but it was for a credit increase with Citi today. Chase didn’t see the Citi credit line increase yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is also some sort of delay with what Citi sees when Chase credit lines increase, but not sure how long any delay in the latest information being picked up would be. At most, I wouldn’t expect the delay to be longer than 4-6 week; but I wouldn’t be surprised if the delay is less than 9 days.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by sam007
From my experience, I don't recall a credit card company that didn't wait reporting to the credit bureaus a change in credit limit until the statement date.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:43 pm

Any way to get the credit card numbers instantly?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:45 am

Approval data point for P2:

0/6 inquiries
1/24 new accounts, excluding business cards
Holds a Citi Premier (2016), Citi Double Cash, and Citi AA MIleup,
Holds 16 personal cards across all banks. Many have zero balances.
Minimal utilization recently on Citi cards. Premier and DC each have a small monthly recurring charge but no other regular use. Mileup is sockdrawered. Combined credit limit for 3 Citi cards was over $50k.
6-7% overall current utilization.
Credit Karma said chance of approval for Citi Premier were "very good"
Instant approval for $7,000 credit line.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:33 pm

Alright got the final rejection but here is the right number - no options to press, you get a live person right away - 800-695-5171
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Doctor of credit says this is ending soon. Any idea when? I will be at 0/6 next month, so I am debating to apply now or take a chance that it will still be there come February.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
For the purposes of the 0/6 rule with Citi, am I at 0/6 or do I have to wait until Feb 1, 2022? My last application is July 1, 2021.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles
Quick question. Was just approved for the Premier Card with 80k bonus. I currently have a Double Cash Card. Does anyone know how long does it take for the Premier Card to appear on the existing citi online account after approval?

I needed to transfer my current Thank You points from double cash to Turkish Miles and Smiles urgently for a reward flight hold which can only be done if one has the Premier/Prestige card.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by libbrichus
Quick question. Was just approved for the Premier Card with 80k bonus. I currently have a Double Cash Card. Does anyone know how long does it take for the Premier Card to appear on the existing citi online account after approval?

I needed to transfer my current Thank You points from double cash to Turkish Miles and Smiles urgently for a reward flight hold which can only be done if one has the Premier/Prestige card.
I applied for a card on the 8th and was approved instantly. But the card still doesn't appear on my Citi accounts page. I'm supposed to get the new card by the 18th.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by libbrichus

I applied on the 9th and got instant approval. On the 13th, I noticed a link referring to the new account was on my online access asking if I wanted to add the new account to this login. I clicked on the link and a few seconds later it was immediately added to my online access.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 5:35 pm

I applied Citi premier on the 12th via Citi website with 80K sign up offer for TY points. I did not get approval right away but the application has to be reviewed. Today I received an email that my Citi Premier was approved. But it says, my account is considered open as of today, January 16. Shall I expect 60K TY points or 80K?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:57 am

Citi Premier 80K ..........Not Approved

So I saw the 80K offer and figured I would get the card.

I'm 6/24, 2/12 and last app 5 1/2 months ago, Fico ~ 800.

Here are the reasons they gave for denial, I guess I'll look into closing any cards I can and lowering credit limits ...............oddly enough I was approved for the DL Plat Business about 30 minutes later.

I have about 10 open personal cards and 3 business so I' guessing unused credit is the main culprit

happychic likes this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 28, 2022 at 12:59 pm
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Citi cannot see the 3 business card accounts. The "unused credit" factor is one that Citi and Capital One seem to use to identify churners.
happychic likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:47 pm

It has been 3 years, since I applied for a Citi card. I applied for the Hilton Honors card 4 weeks ago, and was at 4/24 when I applied for the Citi Premier, and was instantly approved.

I currently have around 15-16 personal cards, but only 1 Citi card. I probably put $10-$20 in monthly charges on that credit card and also paid $1-$2 in interest last year, because I didn't realize I paid less than the total balance one month. I also have a very modest Citi checking and savings account.

My credit score is also 800+. Of your active personal cards, how many are with Citi? Regardless, it's frustrating to be declined. I would consider calling reconsideration next week. Good Luck.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Jun 28, 2022 at 5:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.