Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Maykita
I have been trying to find a current thread for this too. Over in the citi forum there is this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ost-first.html
But it was "closed for restructuring" last week, and the only live threads I see are for different cards like Executive AAdvantage. Can the moderators help?
You can start a wiki on any thread. Maybe import some pertinent data?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:09 am

Wiki added

Originally Posted by philemer
You can start a wiki on any thread. Maybe import some pertinent data?
I was a bit hesitant to do this as the other thread seemed to only be temporarily closed and I didn't want to step on any moderator toes but it has been a month now.

So I created a new Wiki for this thread, cleaned out all of the dead links, updated the advice, etc.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
I was a bit hesitant to do this as the other thread seemed to only be temporarily closed and I didn't want to step on any moderator toes but it has been a month now.

So I created a new Wiki for this thread, cleaned out all of the dead links, updated the advice, etc.
Thanks!!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
I used the first personal link in the WIKI and got instant Denial!
Used incognito.

I do not have any Citi cards open and no recent pulls on CR.
No known reason to be denied...is it the link?

Last edited by grayland; Dec 16, 2014 at 2:59 pm
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by grayland
I used the first personal link in the WIKI and got instant Denial!
Used incognito.

I do not have any Citi cards open and no recent pulls on CR.
No known reason to be denied...is it the link?
When was the last time you got an AA Personal card of any kind?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by martin_avalon
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I received the targeted 50k + 10k Citi AAdvantage Gold card offer, as referenced in this thread. Can I apply for that offer, and then apply for the publicly available 50k Platinum Card offer and receive the sign up bonus for both?

Just another data point, in case anyone else is trying to do something similar.

I got the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card with the 50K bonus about a month ago and, around the same time, received a targeted offer for the Gold Card with the 60K bonus in the mail. I just applied online for the Gold card using the targeted invitation code and was approved, even though the 12 - 26 month period has not passed.

Last edited by mia; Dec 17, 2014 at 7:09 am Reason: Insert quotation for context after merging two threads.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Youponder
Thanks. The even stranger part is I cannot send an on-line message. It directs me to call.

If it helps, this is the message I see when I log-in:

"This account has been converted to a new number or was closed at your request. To access information related to your new account, register the new number and access it with your same user ID and password. If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact our Customer Service Center."

The agent confirmed the account was fully closed and there are no other cards activated on this profile.
I also am having this exact issue. Are we just out of luck?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by onthewaytoadventure

I got the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card with the 50K bonus about a month ago and, around the same time, received a targeted offer for the Gold Card with the 60K bonus in the mail. I just applied online for the Gold card using the targeted invitation code and was approved, even though the 12 - 26 month period has not passed.
Thanks for the info, I added you to the Wiki.

Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
I also am having this exact issue. Are we just out of luck?
If the problem is that your old business card master account or card account is still open, you can still get the last four digits online and call to verify that the accounts are closed. If the problem is that Citi decided that you fall into the 'can't churn business cards' group, then I think you are out of luck. I do not recall anyone ever saying they got off of that 'list' but then I doubt many people kept trying after being denied. Perhaps this is another 18 month-type rule?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:40 am

I've been waiting and waiting for a targeted offer for 60k on the Citi AA Plat but today I'm just going to pull the trigger. The new year could be a time where they change promos - which could be good or bad...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by justinh20
I've been waiting and waiting for a targeted offer for 60k on the Citi AA Plat but today I'm just going to pull the trigger. The new year could be a time where they change promos - which could be good or bad...
As noted above, if you get a targeted offer you can apply for that as well as the normal AA Personal card, just apply after the normal one.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
As noted above, if you get a targeted offer you can apply for that as well as the normal AA Personal card, just apply after the normal one.
I meant that I've been waiting to receive a targeted offer but haven't yet so I'm just going to apply for the public offer unless someone knows about any upcoming offers I should wait for
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by onthewaytoadventure

Was it automatic approval for the second card or did you call in or just have to wait a few days?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Deleted b/c of incorrect information.

Last edited by Brugge; Dec 18, 2014 at 2:53 pm
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Deleted b/c of incorrect information.

Last edited by Brugge; Dec 18, 2014 at 2:52 pm
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
No, it's not normal. My wife and I just got another set of AA EXEC cards, and the approval letter stated the 50K mile sign up bonus.
We are not talking about AA Executive cards.

It is normal for Citi AA Personal cards to not show the bonus on the mailings after approval. Between my wife and I we have gotten about 12-13 in the last 3.5 years and none have stated the bonus in the mailings. That is why a lot of people ask about the bonus when they call to activate because there is no indication in the mailings.

The Citi Executive card and the Citi HHonors cards are DIFFERENT CARDS with DIFFERENT THREADS. They do things differently. They have different application rules, different language in the ToCs, and are different entities when pulling Credit Reports. Unless you have received an AA Platinum Visa card that listed the bonus in the mailings or you can point to some indicator in the current Personal AA links that things have changed, then this is normal for the card that worldwidetraveler applied for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.