Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:44 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Why is the main thread closed (I mean, I know it says it's close for restructuring, but why?)?

My question is: the wiki says "As of August 25, 2013 all linked personal AA cards in this thread can be churned only after Citi decides that you are no longer an existing cardmember. This usually occurs between 12 and 26 months after your last successful AA personal card approval of any type including AA Executive card(s)"

Does what the wiki stated applies to cases in which the sign up bonus was not granted? Due to my stupidity, I didn't complete the spending requirement in my last personal Citi AA card (12-18 months ago). Can I apply and get the bonus sooner than what's indicated in the wiki? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by swy
Why is the main thread closed (I mean, I know it says it's close for restructuring, but why?)?

My question is: the wiki says "As of August 25, 2013 all linked personal AA cards in this thread can be churned only after Citi decides that you are no longer an existing cardmember. This usually occurs between 12 and 26 months after your last successful AA personal card approval of any type including AA Executive card(s)"

Does what the wiki stated applies to cases in which the sign up bonus was not granted? Due to my stupidity, I didn't complete the spending requirement in my last personal Citi AA card (12-18 months ago). Can I apply and get the bonus sooner than what's indicated in the wiki? Thanks in advance.
I think it was getting a little personal-attacky. Not sure why it is still closed.

It does not matter if you got the bonus, only that you were approved for the card.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:48 pm

On a whim, I applied for the 50k AA Platinum offer last week. My FICO is only 699 and I received the "we'll let you know after we review" message. I was planning on calling recon, but to my surprise received approval today!

Should I apply for the business version, too?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by wotan2525
On a whim, I applied for the 50k AA Platinum offer last week. My FICO is only 699 and I received the "we'll let you know after we review" message. I was planning on calling recon, but to my surprise received approval today!

Should I apply for the business version, too?
Absolutely but you must wait at least 8 days. I'm in the waiting period now.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:56 am

Sorry if posted elsewhere buried deep in the other thread...

I have 2 Execs gotten in the last 7-8 monhts. Am I precluded from the BUSINESS Platinum and its bonuses?

Also, I noticed today on the Personal Platinum this was the disclaimer "*This Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® offer is only valid for new applicants for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account applied for pursuant to this offer and is not available to existing cardmembers or recent applicants for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® credit card."

That seems to not limit the Execs but I know somewhere else it said "existing cardmember." Is that still the standard or has the personal dropped the existing language and is only for current plats?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:26 pm

You should be OK with the Business card, they are not affected by personal card applications. Just note that you may or may not be able to churn Business cards, some people can, some people can't.

I am pretty sure that language is the standard disclaimer they always have on the Personal cards. It essentially means you can't get this offer on an existing card, only on a new card, and you can't get the card if you are a current Personal AA card holder (including Exec cards), which they define as having been approved for your most recent AA Personal card within the last 12-26 (most commonly around 18) months.

Originally Posted by bu08usc11
Sorry if posted elsewhere buried deep in the other thread...

I have 2 Execs gotten in the last 7-8 monhts. Am I precluded from the BUSINESS Platinum and its bonuses?

Also, I noticed today on the Personal Platinum this was the disclaimer "*This Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® offer is only valid for new applicants for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account applied for pursuant to this offer and is not available to existing cardmembers or recent applicants for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® credit card."

That seems to not limit the Execs but I know somewhere else it said "existing cardmember." Is that still the standard or has the personal dropped the existing language and is only for current plats?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
You should be OK with the Business card, they are not affected by personal card applications. Just note that you may or may not be able to churn Business cards, some people can, some people can't.

I am pretty sure that language is the standard disclaimer they always have on the Personal cards. It essentially means you can't get this offer on an existing card, only on a new card, and you can't get the card if you are a current Personal AA card holder (including Exec cards), which they define as having been approved for your most recent AA Personal card within the last 12-26 (most commonly around 18) months.
Got it. I didn't know if it had changed or that language had always been there from back when I did the execs.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by justinh20
Absolutely but you must wait at least 8 days. I'm in the waiting period now.
Does this only apply to Citi?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by mommafrica
Does this only apply to Citi?
Yes, other card issuers may have different rules. Even More specifically, this applies to Citi cards of different typess (personal, business and Exec). For Citi personal cards, you must wait 18 months since canceling before applying for the same card again and can't apply while you still have one open.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by justinh20
Yes, other card issuers may have different rules. Even More specifically, this applies to Citi cards of different typess (personal, business and Exec). For Citi personal cards, you must wait 18 months since canceling before applying for the same card again and can't apply while you still have one open.
Not true. There is no need to close the old personal card when applying for a new one. It is really unfortunate the the old thread with its helpful wiki was closed. Perhaps we should make this the new Citi Platinum thread and start a new wiki.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:35 am

Question Offer Confirmation?

Clicked on the AA card offer of 50k miles,etc.
Was approved & received two mailings from Citi, the last just received containing the AA Platinum Select Credit Card.
Nowhere in the mailings, not even in the fine print, can I see the offer of 50k listed.
Is this normal with Citi/AA, not to list the offer ?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:16 pm

I just applied and was rejected for the Citi AA Business Platinum card. I called and was told this was because I had just cancelled my last AA Business card in March of 2014. True, this was a card I had applied for in March, 2013.

She said there is some kind of 'waiting period' but she doesn't know exactly what it is because 'some people keep on reapplying in order to get the points.'

According to the wiki in the closed thread, businesses cards should be pretty churnable with the caveat that some people need to fully close the 'billing account' not just the card account. That seemed to be the case for me because my billing account still looks active.

How do I close this? I called them and all they could offer me was to cancel the user ID. Does this work? Any way to still get approved on this card through recon if I cancel it now?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Clicked on the AA card offer of 50k miles,etc.
Was approved & received two mailings from Citi, the last just received containing the AA Platinum Select Credit Card.
Nowhere in the mailings, not even in the fine print, can I see the offer of 50k listed.
Is this normal with Citi/AA, not to list the offer ?
That is normal.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Youponder
<SNIP>

How do I close this? I called them and all they could offer me was to cancel the user ID. Does this work? Any way to still get approved on this card through recon if I cancel it now?
You can send a message online from that account asking that they close the account, ending in XXXX and the individual card(s), ending in XXXX.

Note, not everyone can churn Business cards. For reasons unknown, some people can't churn them at all and others need to close both accounts first. Meanwhile, I just got my third business card in less than 7 months with several open. Why? I don't know.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
You can send a message online from that account asking that they close the account, ending in XXXX and the individual card(s), ending in XXXX.

Note, not everyone can churn Business cards. For reasons unknown, some people can't churn them at all and others need to close both accounts first. Meanwhile, I just got my third business card in less than 7 months with several open. Why? I don't know.
Thanks. The even stranger part is I cannot send an on-line message. It directs me to call.

If it helps, this is the message I see when I log-in:

"This account has been converted to a new number or was closed at your request. To access information related to your new account, register the new number and access it with your same user ID and password. If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact our Customer Service Center."

The agent confirmed the account was fully closed and there are no other cards activated on this profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.