Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 17, 14, 10:29 am   #1

Citi AAdvantage Gold 60k Targeted Offer?

Hi All,

Quick question - my fiance received a targeted citi aadvantage gold offer for 50,000 when you spend 1.5k in 3 months and an additional 10k after spending 5k in 12 months. I opted out of receiving pre-approvals in the mail so I don't get things like this anymore.

Question is, can I use her invitation code to get access to the portal, and then just fill it out with my information? Or would this result in me getting a different offer. I tried calling and they couldn't help me, just offered me the 25k mile and wouldn't bump me up. I used her info to log into the card portal, and I was able to change all of the information to my name, but I don't want to apply if I'm not going to get the 60k offer, which is not specified on the actual online application anywhere.

Thanks!

Last edited by klospin; Nov 17, 14 at 10:48 am. Reason: Title was mis-typed
klospin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 14, 11:23 am   #2
2014 Elections

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Quote:
Originally Posted by klospin View Post
Hi All,

Quick question - my fiance received a targeted citi aadvantage gold offer for 50,000 when you spend 1.5k in 3 months and an additional 10k after spending 5k in 12 months. I opted out of receiving pre-approvals in the mail so I don't get things like this anymore.

Question is, can I use her invitation code to get access to the portal, and then just fill it out with my information? Or would this result in me getting a different offer. I tried calling and they couldn't help me, just offered me the 25k mile and wouldn't bump me up. I used her info to log into the card portal, and I was able to change all of the information to my name, but I don't want to apply if I'm not going to get the 60k offer, which is not specified on the actual online application anywhere.

Thanks!
Try it

you may have to call recon line
rgAAFT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 14, 11:44 am   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgAAFT View Post
Try it

you may have to call recon line
Hoping to avoid this step I am not going to want the card if I can't get the 60k... otherwise I'll just get the platinum for the 50k offer. I limit myself to opening 1 card a year after closing another, plus I have 2 "permanent" cards. Allows me to rolling average my overall credit history since closed cards remain on for 10 years
klospin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 14, 4:11 pm   #4
2014 Elections

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Quote:
Originally Posted by klospin View Post
Hoping to avoid this step I am not going to want the card if I can't get the 60k... otherwise I'll just get the platinum for the 50k offer. I limit myself to opening 1 card a year after closing another, plus I have 2 "permanent" cards. Allows me to rolling average my overall credit history since closed cards remain on for 10 years
What I meant was, their application system is programmed to generally not allow anybody but the intended recipient of the Targeted offer to get in on the offer. Therefore, you will most likely be "declined" (with no credit pull
Then, you can call recon, asking if they wouldn't mind approving the application since you believe that the only reason you didn't get this same targeted offer,is "because you opted out of pre-screened offers"
One question though,
do you have any existing citi AA cards that you are the owner of?
rgAAFT is online now   Reply With Quote