Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 7:11 pm

Offer #9 is now dead. (Landing page loads fine, but the app link gives an error.) Wiki updated.
Old May 3, 2015, 7:47 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Your statement should show (a) miles earned, and (b) Miles reported to AA. These may or may not be the same.

What does it show in the second category? if miles reported to AA =0, then of course your AA account does not show the miles. You will have to wait until the next statement.

If it shows that miles WERE reported to AA, and you have waited two days, then there is a problem and it won't be solved by waiting.

I just looked at the actual statement like you suggested (normally ignore those these days ) and the April statement did show 0 miles reported which is strange because all purchases had been made well in advance AND paid in full, I actually have a $.50 credit. I guess I need to wait another month and see what they do. March showed the correct amount of miles reported though...
Old May 4, 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Offer #9 is now dead. (Landing page loads fine, but the app link gives an error.) Wiki updated.
Phew, glad I snuck in under the wire. The landing pages for the 50k deals don't explicitly say MC, though the application pages do. Not I would've wanted to take that chance.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:40 pm

closed my citi business card in mid april
reapplied in late april, originally opened may of 2014
applied for the business card and was rejected
called consideration several times
was told i am not going to be able to reapply for the same card that i recently closed
asked to speak with higher ups, spoke with a couple managers with the same responses
any1 have advice on what else to do?
Old May 4, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithj88
applied for the business card and was rejected
called consideration several times
was told i am not going to be able to reapply for the same card that i recently closed
asked to speak with higher ups, spoke with a couple managers with the same responses
any1 have advice on what else to do?
just had the same experience may be the end of churning the AA BIZ cards i have churn this card before ...
Old May 4, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: All of them, Katie
Originally Posted by mawmaw
just had the same experience may be the end of churning the AA BIZ cards i have churn this card before ...
Which link did you use?
Old May 4, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithj88
applied for the business card and was rejected...
Which link did you use?
Old May 4, 2015, 4:54 pm

I have the platinum amex, but not the mc for a long time. Looking at the reports here, it seems that the only link that would be completely safe to apply would have been #9 but that is dead. As of yesterday.

Are there reports of others getting the bonus since in this situation with the other links?
Old May 4, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by airfly56
I have the platinum amex, but not the mc for a long time. Looking at the reports here, it seems that the only link that would be completely safe to apply would have been #9 but that is dead. As of yesterday.

Are there reports of others getting the bonus since in this situation with the other links?
When did you close your old Plat MC?
Old May 4, 2015, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
When did you close your old Plat MC?
Over 2 yrs ago
Old May 4, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by r3imagined
I need help figuring something out:

I applied for Personal Citi AA Platinum Visa and AmEx (the 2 browser trip) and was approved for both back in December 2012. I closed the accounts in December 2013 (not sure about the date but let's say 15 Dec).
I also applied for and was approved for the biz Citi AA Platinum Mastercard back in February 2013 and closed that account a year later.

My question is, can I apply for the Personal Citi Platinum Mastercard now or do I have to wait till mid-June (when I hit 18 months from having had a personal card with Citi)? I have never had the personal MC but a Visa and AmEx. Also any idea's is it's 18 full months (if you closed the account on 15th you have to wait 18 months to the 15th or it's more of a calendar thing and you can apply on 1 June)?
We do not yet have any confirmed case of a biz card in the past interfering with a personal card app in the present. So based on everything we know for a fact as of today, you should be able to apply for a personal Plat MC now if the only Plat MC you had before was a biz. But to be safe: Don't do much of the minimum purchasing until you get a confirmation (letter or call to customer service) confirming that you have until mm/dd to make $XXXX in purchases to get YYYYY bonus AA miles. (There have been some cases in the past where people got approved but then weren't given a bonus, which is why you don't want to assume any more that just because you're approved you're going to get a bonus. But if you get a letter you that you'll get a bonus, or if customer service gives you the terms of the bonus over the phone, you're good to go.)
Old May 4, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airfly56

Citi has to date never cared about what personal card(s) you currently have (no matter what a landing page said)

They care about when you opened each one and when you closed each one.

So just having an Amex right now shouldn't matter.

The question is whether having opened an Amex (or Visa) less than 18 months ago would matter (if the language is not Plat-specific).

(Long before Citi put "18 months" language in its landing pages / application pages, they had vague language about "having this card", but it still meant "having opened this card less than about 18 months ago" in practice.)
Old May 4, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch

So just having an Amex right now shouldn't matter.

The question is whether having opened an Amex (or Visa) less than 18 months ago would matter (if the language is not Plat-specific).
thanks

is there any data on this or it is unknown?
Old May 4, 2015, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Which link did you use?
i think it was 8b
i think it was mentioned in an earlier post as being the best link?
Old May 4, 2015, 10:33 pm

dup. error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.