Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 1:27 pm

Applied with link #9. Ended up having to call in. There didn't ask any questions thought. Just needed "extra processing". Maybe because I dropped my utilization with Citi from 80% to 10% in April? Ended up being approved. Didn't ask about the bonus.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:01 pm

I opened and/or closed numerous cards of all types in the past twelve months but never had a Personal Platinum MC. Last week I applied for a Personal Platinum MC using link #9 and was approved after calling in and moving some of my credit around. Today I received my approval letter in the mail and it confirmed the 50,000 bonus miles. Was a little worried as the email approval confirmation did not mention the bonus but now I am good to go as soon as my card arrives.
Old May 1, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Why do you say that?
See Post 1114 and nearby posts.
Old May 1, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
8b is the best link to use for a business card. Do not use 5 or 8c if you have had previous business card applications.
Any confirmation that 8B is still good for 50K?
Old May 1, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by DLinYUL
Any confirmation that 8B is still good for 50K?
Originally Posted by metoo
Please someone confirm that 8b is the link for the 50k bonus. I never asked.
I think the wiki makes this pretty clear.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
No Remaining Churnable Links?

Not for myself, for my neighbors who have never churned a card in their lives. So almost certain they will qualify for a new Gold and a new Plat. But for an Anytime Europe award, it would be nice to get two Plats. (Don't even mention an EXEC with/without a $450 AF. )

Looking thru the wiki, there doesn't seem to be a remaining churnable Plat link. Or am I missing something?
Old May 2, 2015, 10:17 am

I have a targeted offer for Citi AA Gold (40K/$1500+10K/$5000) that expires on May 15, as well as a targeted offer for Citi AA Plat (50K/$3000) that expires on June 15. Neither targeted offer mentions the 18-month rule or any other caveats about receiving the bonus miles. I've never had a Citi card of any sort before.

I'm not interested in the Business or Exec cards, but I've read the wiki and understand I can also get a public Plat 50K offer. Between that and my 2 targeted offers, which card(s) would you recommend I sign up for, and in which order? Assume I can meet min spend with no issues and my CR can handle the inquiries.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:32 am

I have had two previous business cards. Applied for card #3 using link 5 two days ago. Got "further processing" reply. Checked this morning & was approved. Will confirm bonus upon card arrival
Old May 2, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brugge
for an Anytime Europe award, it would be nice to get two Plats.

[...]

Looking thru the wiki, there doesn't seem to be a remaining churnable Plat link. Or am I missing something?
Yes. You're missing the fact pretty much the only cards that are not churnable at all in the USA are personal Amex cards:
All the Plats in the wiki are churnable if you haven't had the same card opened or closed in the past 18 months. If you're careful about when you close cards (only doing so at about the same time you open the next one), that means the Plats are churnable once every 18 months or so.

"Not churnable" means you can't churn them. Having to wait 18 months doesn't mean you can't churn them, it just means you can't churn them quickly. (But 18 month is less than 2 years, isn't it? And Chase require you to wait 2 years since you got the last bonus! And no calls those Chase cards "not churnable".)

Now, if what you actually meant is that you see no cards that are churnable faster than 18 months, hasn't that been the case for the personal Plats for some time now? Meanwhile, the churnablity of business Plats has always exremely YMMV, and there's a business card link in the wiki which doesn't say anything about 18 months and may be churnable for those who are blessed with the ability to churn Citi AA business cards.

And anyone who has gotten a personal Plat can try for a business Plat not so long after that. Isn't a personal Plat plus a business Plat two Plats?

Last edited by sdsearch; May 2, 2015 at 6:04 pm
Old May 3, 2015, 8:44 am

I need help figuring something out:

I applied for Personal Citi AA Platinum Visa and AmEx (the 2 browser trip) and was approved for both back in December 2012. I closed the accounts in December 2013 (not sure about the date but let's say 15 Dec).
I also applied for and was approved for the biz Citi AA Platinum Mastercard back in February 2013 and closed that account a year later.

My question is, can I apply for the Personal Citi Platinum Mastercard now or do I have to wait till mid-June (when I hit 18 months from having had a personal card with Citi)? I have never had the personal MC but a Visa and AmEx. Also any idea's is it's 18 full months (if you closed the account on 15th you have to wait 18 months to the 15th or it's more of a calendar thing and you can apply on 1 June)?

Thanks.
Old May 3, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: moka Lifetime
If i have citi plat select business am I safe to apply for 8b at the 95 day mark?

Im asking in reference to the terms:
"This CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® offer is not available to you if you already have a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card account."

Is the citi plat select a different product than the WMC that I'm safe to apply with one open?

Last edited by moka; May 3, 2015 at 9:33 am
Old May 3, 2015, 10:57 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Is anyone else having issues with miles posting on Platimun Select card (I mistakenly posted this in the Exec thread earlier)?

Statement closed 3/25 - 2171 miles were posted

Met rest of min spend

Statement close 4/25 - no miles

Citi online shows 50948 miles earned for statement closing 4/25, but nothing has been transferred. Customer service rep stated that things are a month behind. I don't believe that is true since she also told me I don't need to contact them if my AA number changes because AA will inform them (how would AA know what cards I even have?)[/QUOTE]
Old May 3, 2015, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by moka
If i have citi plat select business am I safe to apply for 8b at the 95 day mark?

Im asking in reference to the terms:
"This CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® offer is not available to you if you already have a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card account."

Is the citi plat select a different product than the WMC that I'm safe to apply with one open?
If you read 2 posts above yours by sdsearch, you will see that business cards are very YMMV, and no one here will tell you that you are Safe to apply, the wiki also talks about the churnablity of the business card, you definitely can give it a shot and see how it goes.

Last edited by ninim2200; May 3, 2015 at 6:42 pm
Old May 3, 2015, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Is anyone else having issues with miles posting on Platimun Select card (I mistakenly posted this in the Exec thread earlier)?

Statement closed 3/25 - 2171 miles were posted

Met rest of min spend

Statement close 4/25 - no miles

Citi online shows 50948 miles earned for statement closing 4/25, but nothing has been transferred. Customer service rep stated that things are a month behind. I don't believe that is true since she also told me I don't need to contact them if my AA number changes because AA will inform them (how would AA know what cards I even have?)
[/QUOTE]

My statement hasn't closed yet for the personal platinum but has for the business platinum. The 50k miles were visible on aa.com two days after the statement closed.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Citi online shows 50948 miles earned for statement closing 4/25, but nothing has been transferred.
Your statement should show (a) miles earned, and (b) Miles reported to AA. These may or may not be the same.

What does it show in the second category? if miles reported to AA =0, then of course your AA account does not show the miles. You will have to wait until the next statement.

If it shows that miles WERE reported to AA, and you have waited two days, then there is a problem and it won't be solved by waiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.