Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Neither the Visa nor the Execs should prevent your friend from getting the bonus on the current MC. Call the number on the card when it arrives and ask.
how about AA Amex Select? Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I closed my Citi AA Platinum Visa in September 2014.
I closed my Citi AA Executive MC in February 2015.

I currently have open a Citi AA Select Amex which was opened over 24 months ago.

What personal Citi AA cards can I apply for (and when) to still receive a bonus? Is it correct that I would earn the bonus on the Citi AA MC if I applied now?

Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by liw5215
how about AA Amex Select? Thanks
Should not affect MC bonuses. Only prior Gold and Platinum MCs should affect current applications.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:05 am

Should not affect MC bonuses. Only prior Gold and Platinum MCs should affect current applications.
Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I closed my Citi AA Platinum Visa in September 2014.
I closed my Citi AA Executive MC in February 2015.

I currently have open a Citi AA Select Amex which was opened over 24 months ago.

What personal Citi AA cards can I apply for (and when) to still receive a bonus? Is it correct that I would earn the bonus on the Citi AA MC if I applied now?

Thanks.
In theory you should be able to get the Platinum MC (links 3, 4, 7, 9) and Gold MC (under Other Personal Cards).
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:06 am

The 25K Gold MC application page was dead but the Landing Page went to a new Application page with the same language, so I updated the wiki.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:34 am

Applied using link #9 and was instantly approved . My first instant approval in years! I've never had an AA MC, and my AA Visa was closed 10/2013 and AA Visa opened 7/2013 and still open. Also an AA Exec from 3/2014. Fingers crossed I get the bonus. I already have over 500k AA points, I just wanted to grab one before they changed the language to exclude all prior versions of the card. Now on to hotel points.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Superorb
Applied using link #9 and was instantly approved . My first instant approval in years! I've never had an AA MC, and my AA Visa was closed 10/2013 and AA Visa opened 7/2013 and still open. Also an AA Exec from 3/2014. Fingers crossed I get the bonus. I already have over 500k AA points, I just wanted to grab one before they changed the language to exclude all prior versions of the card. Now on to hotel points.
I don't think you need to keep your fingers crossed. If you've never had an AA MC there is no reason to question getting the bonus.

And I don't think they are going to "exclude all prior versions of the card" any time soon. They just changed their all the AA apps, going the other way. Each one is a different product now. Seems a definite new policy, I'd be very surprised if they changed course anytime soon.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
And I don't think they are going to "exclude all prior versions of the card" any time soon. They just changed their all the AA apps, going the other way. Each one is a different product now. Seems a definite new policy, I'd be very surprised if they changed course anytime soon.
I hope you're right, my wife has less than half the AA points as I do.

I'll take a screenshot of the MC language just in case they get sheisty.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
link 9 approved instantly.

many exec cards in last year...

Brugge... i hope yer right that I'll get the bonus!

Thanks!

Was gonna go for a TY product, but my last premier card was still open somehow <18 months ago even though I had cancelled and had fee refunded 6 months prior to that! I guess it pays to double check that accts are closed that they claim to close?

Don't want to mess with Prestige yet, gonna do that one in the summer I think closer to when I would book hotelz. Maybe a 4th night in Santorini?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by Superorb
Which link did you use? Was it an instant approval?
Link 9. Instant approval.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by meecal
Link 9. Instant approval.
Same for me earlier today, thanks for following up.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Brugge
Forgot to add, unlike Chase and Barclays, Citi won't care how soon you cancel a new card. Untold numbers of us have gotten the AA EXEC card over and over, some people 10 times or more, made the min spend the first payment period, and canceled as soon as the AA points appeared in our AA accounts without paying any AF. How does Citi react to this? They give us a instant approval for another one.

But don't try this with Chase or Barclays. With them it's best to keep all cards open at least until the AF is about to post. And put some spend on each card every month. It doesn't have to be huge spend, but some reasonable spend, every month. That way they consider you a "good customer" and are motivated to give you more cards.

Citi however doesn't seem to notice what you do.
Brugge do you have any clarification on this? On the arrival + thread I have seen people talk about canceling and then reapplying. I just canceled my wife's and my cards (opened 8/2014) after using up all the points with minimal spend in the last month or two. I was planning on reupping in a month or two.

With Citi, as you say, apply earn, burn, cancel and repeat as much as you can.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:54 pm

Neither the Visa nor the Execs should prevent your friend from getting the bonus on the current MC. Call the number on the card when it arrives and ask.
They are saying no bonus because of his open Executive card. Now I'm hesitant to apply for a Platinum MC.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:42 pm

Housekeeping note: I updated the wiki to remove one dead 50K offer (#6). Have added a note that #10, also dead, should remain as a placeholder until offer #11 is added. (Otherwise, the next offer added would also be number #10, creating potential confusion.)

I tested all the other landing/app links for accuracy & live status. Everything checks out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.