Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige $350AF w/o branch or CitiGold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a way for the AF on the prestige to be lowered to 350 without staying as a CitiGold member.

I applied and was approved online.
I will be opening a CitiGold account for the 50kAA miles offer and this will bring my first annual fee to 350. However, if I downgrade to the no basic checking, will I continue to get the 350 AF?

Can I call a branch and switch to their 30k+30K offer?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a way for the AF on the prestige to be lowered to 350 without staying as a CitiGold member.

I applied and was approved online.
I will be opening a CitiGold account for the 50kAA miles offer and this will bring my first annual fee to 350. However, if I downgrade to the no basic checking, will I continue to get the 350 AF?

Can I call a branch and switch to their 30k+30K offer?
As this is a fairly new feature, it's too early to tell. However, there is reason to believe that the $350 AF may persist even after downgrading to the basic checking. Even after downgrading, if you call in for instance, Citi will recognize you (and greet you) as a Citigold customer. It appears their systems continue to recognize the Citigold designation.

Time will tell, though.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by missing_link
As this is a fairly new feature, it's too early to tell. However, there is reason to believe that the $350 AF may persist even after downgrading to the basic checking. Even after downgrading, if you call in for instance, Citi will recognize you (and greet you) as a Citigold customer. It appears their systems continue to recognize the Citigold designation.

Time will tell, though.
It doesn't address the OP's question, but I only have credit cards with Citi (no checking account at all). I went into a branch and applied in person and received the $350 AF offer (every year, not just the first year). Card came this week and confirmed the terms in the documentation that came with the card.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Songer5
It doesn't address the OP's question, but I only have credit cards with Citi (no checking account at all). I went into a branch and applied in person and received the $350 AF offer (every year, not just the first year). Card came this week and confirmed the terms in the documentation that came with the card.
Was this recent? I'm wondering if this in branch offer is still available as I will be in the vicinity of Citibank branches next week.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DrForce
Was this recent? I'm wondering if this in branch offer is still available as I will be in the vicinity of Citibank branches next week.
I applied Oct 7. May be a YMMV situation, but it seemed to work for me.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

hmm..

Im going to give it a try and see if I can get switched to the 30+30k offer by calling a citi branch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.