Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Funding CitiGold (or other) account with credit card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
Citi No Longer Allows Funding New Checking Accounts by CC as of 08-Feb-2016. Below information is historic.

1-800-745-1534 TO FUND

Cards that have been reported to NOT WORK

CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard - Will not load and loads as cash

Capital One

Barclay Priceline

Chase

Cards that have been report to WORK

Barclay Aviator

Citi AAdvantage

Citi Thank You Premier

BofA Travel card

BofA Alaska
Print Wikipost

Funding CitiGold (or other) account with credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Personally, I don't understand why big banks do half of what they do, so who knows why. Never hurts to ask though! Thanks for the confirmation
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:47 pm

Has there been any other success with filing the CFPB complaint? I got denied twice, one with the investigation, and the other with an SM I sent two days ago.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:53 am

I went for the 50K AAdvantage miles offer. I did secure messages all along to verify I was meeting the requirements. I sent a SM yesterday looking for my miles and received this:

Good evening, my name is Jacquelina. Thank you for your messages regarding our promotion.

I regret any confusion and inconvenience this has caused. Our promotion offers are available by invitation to specific targeted clients to an email listed on your account and/or letter sent by mail from Citibank.

I understand, in review of your account, you received secured messages with promotion attachment and promotion requirements, including online Chat. However, this is not a guarantee of eligibility of promotion incentives. An invitation for this promotion was not targeted.

Your time is precious to me and I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this matter. I regret again the confusion regarding our eligibility for specific clients and apologize on the delay of this eligibility confirmation.

I invite you to share your opinions about the service you received. Please click the link below to take a short survey on your contact experience. You will need the reference number listed above to complete your feedback.

Citibank really SUCKS. Guess i'll file a complaint but it will cost me $30 a month pending an outcome.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by Schutzee
I went for the 50K AAdvantage miles offer. I did secure messages all along to verify I was meeting the requirements. I sent a SM yesterday looking for my miles and received this:

Good evening, my name is Jacquelina. Thank you for your messages regarding our promotion.

I regret any confusion and inconvenience this has caused. Our promotion offers are available by invitation to specific targeted clients to an email listed on your account and/or letter sent by mail from Citibank.

I understand, in review of your account, you received secured messages with promotion attachment and promotion requirements, including online Chat. However, this is not a guarantee of eligibility of promotion incentives. An invitation for this promotion was not targeted.

Your time is precious to me and I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this matter. I regret again the confusion regarding our eligibility for specific clients and apologize on the delay of this eligibility confirmation.

I invite you to share your opinions about the service you received. Please click the link below to take a short survey on your contact experience. You will need the reference number listed above to complete your feedback.

Citibank really SUCKS. Guess i'll file a complaint but it will cost me $30 a month pending an outcome.
Did you already possess an AAdvantage Platinum credit card when you opened the Citigold account?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Did you already possess an AAdvantage Platinum credit card when you opened the Citigold account?
Yes
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:02 pm

I was targeted for the 50K AA miles citilgold promo. Met all requirements for promotion by Jan 2016. I haven't received any miles so far. I have contacted Citi around 10 time since the past month. Everytime Iam promised a response within 24-48 hours but no one cares to respond. They opened an investigation that is still pending since the past 4 weeks. When I call they say they do not have any more information. Any pointers on how best to deal with the situation ? It looks like Citi has given up any little respect for customer service that they had.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
I was targeted for the 50K AA miles citilgold promo. Met all requirements for promotion by Jan 2016. I haven't received any miles so far. I have contacted Citi around 10 time since the past month. Everytime Iam promised a response within 24-48 hours but no one cares to respond. They opened an investigation that is still pending since the past 4 weeks. When I call they say they do not have any more information. Any pointers on how best to deal with the situation ? It looks like Citi has given up any little respect for customer service that they had.
Had the same issue. After numerous emails decided to send a snail mail letter (included my Aadvantage #). Received miles today, about 10 days after mailing a letter.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by jktraveler
Had the same issue. After numerous emails decided to send a snail mail letter (included my Aadvantage #). Received miles today, about 10 days after mailing a letter.
Whom did you address it to and to what address did you send ?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by BananaPeppers
Has there been any other success with filing the CFPB complaint? I got denied twice, one with the investigation, and the other with an SM I sent two days ago.
it is the only thing that worked for me
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:17 pm

I was just denied for the 50k AA miles promotion , despite being targeted. Ended up opening a CFPB complaint.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Now Citi is denying people who were targeted? This is bizarre.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 4:01 pm

I was just denied for the 50k AA miles promotion , despite being targeted. Ended up opening a CFPB complaint.
Do you have a confirmation of being targeted (letter / email /etc)? Did you submit it to Citi?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Do you have a confirmation of being targeted (letter / email /etc)? Did you submit it to Citi?
Yes I do. It looks like the denial was because I did not meet the 1000 debit card purchase within 60 days. I made a purchase on the 60th day but since the purchase did not post immediately, I called them to verify whether I met the terms for the promotion. I also volunteered to make another purchase that would post immediately if my purchase did not meet the terms of the promotion. I was promised by a supervisor that I met all the terms of the promotion and another purchase was not necessary. Now citi says the purchase posted on the 61st day and I did not meet the terms of the promotion. I have filed a CFPB complaint with the names of both the supervisor and the agent who promised that I met the terms of the promotion and that I did not need to make any additional purchase.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:40 am

Yes I do. It looks like the denial was because I did not meet the 1000 debit card purchase within 60 days. I made a purchase on the 60th day but since the purchase did not post immediately, I called them to verify whether I met the terms for the promotion. I also volunteered to make another purchase that would post immediately if my purchase did not meet the terms of the promotion. I was promised by a supervisor that I met all the terms of the promotion and another purchase was not necessary. Now citi says the purchase posted on the 61st day and I did not meet the terms of the promotion. I have filed a CFPB complaint with the names of both the supervisor and the agent who promised that I met the terms of the promotion and that I did not need to make any additional purchase.
You might have to just take this as a lesson learned to not wait until the last minute when you have 60 days to do something. Did you expect the purchase on the 60th day to post on the 60th day? Yes, it sucks, but technically you didn't fulfill the terms despite what the agents told you.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
You might have to just take this as a lesson learned to not wait until the last minute when you have 60 days to do something. Did you expect the purchase on the 60th day to post on the 60th day? Yes, it sucks, but technically you didn't fulfill the terms despite what the agents told you.
Iam not sure I agree with you. Granted, I waited till the last minute for the purchase. But I did have the opportunity to make things right and was promised that I had met the terms by not 1 agent but a manager as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.