Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Funding CitiGold (or other) account with credit card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
Citi No Longer Allows Funding New Checking Accounts by CC as of 08-Feb-2016. Below information is historic.

1-800-745-1534 TO FUND

Cards that have been reported to NOT WORK

CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard - Will not load and loads as cash

Capital One

Barclay Priceline

Chase

Cards that have been report to WORK

Barclay Aviator

Citi AAdvantage

Citi Thank You Premier

BofA Travel card

BofA Alaska
Print Wikipost

Funding CitiGold (or other) account with credit card?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
or class members can get the 50k miles they are due if they have documentation that citi advised them they were eligible. and citi will learn that they can't just scam people without paying a price
I doubt this has ever been the result of a single class-action lawsuit in history.

The 50,000 AA miles are maybe worth $1,000, which will get eaten up by 3 hours of legal fees.

Bottom line, it's generally counterproductive to start threatening lawsuits unless as an absolute last resort. Let's see how this plays out with Citi. There might be more to some of these stories.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:50 pm

file complaints here. the more, the merrier. I filed and attached the chats where citi verified I would be eliegible, that my account was enrolled in promotion, and that I met the requirements.

lots of similar stories on reddit of people with documentation that they were enrolled in promotional program and met spend only to get letter stating that since they were not in targeted database they would not be receiving miles

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/
Old May 5, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Some people are claiming that they were targeted and still denied.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:36 am
Suspended

There's no way Citi would be dumb enough to deny people who were targeted.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by jsk1973
There's no way Citi would be dumb enough to deny people who were targeted.
This is Citi we're talking about here... If you think only the agents are clueless I've got news for you.
Old May 5, 2016, 11:00 am
Suspended

There's no way Citi executives approved reneging on targeted deals.
Old May 5, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
I have multiple confirmations from different Citi reps (SM and chat) stating that I met the requirements and my TY bonus will be posted no later than May 30th. By reading all these posts it appears that this means nothing - just a delay tactic. I have not been targeted.

Should I just close my CitiGold account now to avoid further monthly service charges since they would probably not give me the bonus anyway based on all recent data points?
Old May 5, 2016, 11:45 am
Suspended

If you close the account, you definitely won't get the bonus. At worst it's a $30 gamble.
Old May 5, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
file complaints here. the more, the merrier. I filed and attached the chats where citi verified I would be eliegible, that my account was enrolled in promotion, and that I met the requirements.

lots of similar stories on reddit of people with documentation that they were enrolled in promotional program and met spend only to get letter stating that since they were not in targeted database they would not be receiving miles

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/
I went ahead and filed a complaint with all the documentation. I'm not really sure how a reasonable person could conclude I'm not entitled to the bonus when I have written correspondence assuring me (separately) that I'm eligible for the bonus and that I have met all the requirements. This is a new low for Citi incompetence.
Old May 5, 2016, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
I have multiple confirmations from different Citi reps (SM and chat) stating that I met the requirements and my TY bonus will be posted no later than May 30th. By reading all these posts it appears that this means nothing - just a delay tactic. I have not been targeted.

Should I just close my CitiGold account now to avoid further monthly service charges since they would probably not give me the bonus anyway based on all recent data points?
I did too. Citi seems to think that means nothing. If you were given false information by a rep they apologize profusely and repeat that they cannot give you the miles/points and it is the decision of the man behind the curtain and they can do nothing
Old May 5, 2016, 9:26 pm

I have some SM msg's saying I should get the 50k AA. I wasn't "targeted" per se. Its been past the 90 days plus 30 days(for miles to points to post AA account) so I am getting a little concerned. Wifes 50kAA posted in the standard 90 day time frame as promised. She wasn't targeted either but had a citi plat card.
Old May 10, 2016, 12:50 pm

According to reddit, looks like the tide is turning and people are slowly getting their promised points/miles.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by doss1
According to reddit, looks like the tide is turning and people are slowly getting their promised points/miles.
Not quite the right thread, but when did you see these reports? I didn't see an active Citigold thread over there.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jsk1973
Not quite the right thread, but when did you see these reports? I didn't see an active Citigold thread over there.
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...40k_ty_points/
Old May 11, 2016, 4:17 pm

Yep, looking good. Awaiting mine...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.