Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 10, 17, 1:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Wiki Link
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.


3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Mar 10, 15, 12:44 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Posts: 1,453
Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

My AF just hit on my Prestige, and I forgot they charge $50 for AUs. I have my wife on there because of the Companion Pass benefit, but with that gone, is there really any reason to pay that extra $50?
roki is offline  
Old Mar 10, 15, 1:00 pm
  #2  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 37,211
Originally Posted by roki View Post
My AF just hit on my Prestige,
I was charged $450, which is more than last year, but I do recall receiving a notice. No itemized charge for AU. No banking relationship.

Is the separate Priority Pass membership useful for your wife?
mia is online now  
Old Mar 10, 15, 1:09 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Posts: 1,453
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I was charged $450, which is more than last year, but I do recall receiving a notice. No itemized charge for AU. No banking relationship.

Is the separate Priority Pass membership useful for your wife?
Nope. Technically, I haven't even used that benefit. When traveling together, we usually go to the Admiral's Club, and she doesn't even want to go to lounges when she's traveling alone. She sits at the gate because she's more comfortable knowing she's where she needs to be. Worried she'll miss a gate change or misjudge how long it takes, etc (happened one time years ago and ever since!). So, long story short, no, PP doesn't do anything for her.
roki is offline  
Old Mar 10, 15, 1:28 pm
  #4  
dw
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Marriott/SPG (New) Plat
Posts: 4,453
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I was charged $450, which is more than last year, but I do recall receiving a notice. No itemized charge for AU. No banking relationship.
mia- were you previously grandfathered into an old fee structure? Just curious what the reason for the increase was.
dw is offline  
Old Mar 10, 15, 3:13 pm
  #5  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 37,211
Originally Posted by dw View Post
mia- were you previously grandfathered into an old fee structure?
I find no emails mentioning the annual fee at the transition from Chairman to Prestige, nor any email mentioning the increase. I suppose these were paper notices. I will have to look to see if we still have them. I recently shredded most of the 2014 credit card paper accumulation, but I did save some.
mia is online now  
Old Mar 10, 15, 10:04 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 386
Originally Posted by roki View Post
My AF just hit on my Prestige, and I forgot they charge $50 for AUs. I have my wife on there because of the Companion Pass benefit, but with that gone, is there really any reason to pay that extra $50?
I wish they offered a no fee authorized user option without the Priority Pass benefit.
Nick92 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 15, 10:43 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Posts: 1,453
Originally Posted by Nick92 View Post
I wish they offered a no fee authorized user option without the Priority Pass benefit.
I'm a little hesitant to call, because my card is grandfathered at an old rate. Even with the AU, it's less than the annual airfare credit. I don't want them to change it on me!
roki is offline  
Old Mar 11, 15, 6:47 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 386
@roki, don't blame you.

Spoke with Prestige today, new cards going out next month with a darker colored mag stripe. Apparently this is the only change, which it great because I love the card design. I can't imagine the stripe being any darker unless they make the rest of the card lighter to improve the contrast.
Nick92 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 15, 7:13 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: FL
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by Nick92 View Post
@roki, don't blame you.

Spoke with Prestige today, new cards going out next month with a darker colored mag stripe. Apparently this is the only change, which it great because I love the card design. I can't imagine the stripe being any darker unless they make the rest of the card lighter to improve the contrast.
I wish they would make it a metal card like the Ritz CC. But I think its impossible since they have that transparent blue arc.
lotrbfme is offline  
Old Mar 11, 15, 8:28 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Nick92 View Post
@roki, don't blame you.

Spoke with Prestige today, new cards going out next month with a darker colored mag stripe. Apparently this is the only change, which it great because I love the card design. I can't imagine the stripe being any darker unless they make the rest of the card lighter to improve the contrast.
hmm ... not sure what a darker colored mag stripe would solve ... the problem, at least from my experience is that one: the stripe is not on the back and only appears on the front and two: the stripe is on the bottom as opposed to the top like most cards.

At least for me when the cashier swipes and it doesn't register, they turn to the back to look for the stripe. It doesn't dawn on them to look at the front.
Fujitsujeff is offline  
Old Mar 12, 15, 2:40 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco/Sydney
Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Posts: 6,638
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
I'm off to Singapore/Australia tomorrow so I'll see how well people there handle it given they are very much C+P countries.
After about 5 days in Singapore, almost every single person I've given this card to has tried to swipe it. They look at the "front" of the card, don't see a chip, so start swiping away. Of course, the swipe fails as they were swiping the wrong area.

So even once the US goes to chip+pin/sign, the design still sucks.

So far I've only had one place where I wasn't able to use the card at all, which is to add value to my EzLink card (used for public transport). The kiosks allow you to select either swipe or chip. Swiping doesn't work as it then asks you to use the chip. The Chip doesn't work as it enforces the use of a pin.
docbert is offline  
Old Mar 12, 15, 8:40 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, CX MPC Silver
Posts: 263
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
After about 5 days in Singapore, almost every single person I've given this card to has tried to swipe it. They look at the "front" of the card, don't see a chip, so start swiping away. Of course, the swipe fails as they were swiping the wrong area.

So even once the US goes to chip+pin/sign, the design still sucks.

So far I've only had one place where I wasn't able to use the card at all, which is to add value to my EzLink card (used for public transport). The kiosks allow you to select either swipe or chip. Swiping doesn't work as it then asks you to use the chip. The Chip doesn't work as it enforces the use of a pin.
This worries me, as someone who recently applied for the card and travels to Asia frequently. I hope Citi can "get it together" regarding the card design!
travel_mav is offline  
Old Mar 12, 15, 12:45 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,243
I met someone the other night who works in marketing at Citi (not on the Prestige card product team) and she had definitely heard about the Prestige card design being a sore point.
themicah is offline  
Old Mar 12, 15, 1:24 pm
  #14  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Programs: UA PS, HH Gold
Posts: 146
When traveling in Brazil, Argentina, and Chile recently I just handed people the card chip side up. There were no issues with it being chip and signature, and it took the whole mag stripe out of the equation. Would be really helpful with this crappy design if US places started doing chip transactions. Haven't tried it in Asia or Europe, though.
mightyducksman is offline  
Old Mar 12, 15, 1:28 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SJC/SFO
Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, Priceline, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Wyndham, Hilton
Posts: 1,119
Originally Posted by lotrbfme View Post
I wish they would make it a metal card like the Ritz CC. But I think its impossible since they have that transparent blue arc.
I don't like the design of a new Prestige. The card is less than 6 months old, and the paint on a front and back is peeling off already. The cashiers can't figure out where where the magnetic strips is, but it's going away pretty soon with mandatory EMV chip.
yugi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread