Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by air360
...i feel like an idiot now
Not at all. You are performing your due diligence beforehand, rather than rushing to apply before understanding the product.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
And do note that the Prestige is the best card, by far, if you're an American Airlines captive flier since it also comes with Admirals Club access when flying on AA/US.

Last edited by FallenPlat; Jul 2, 2015 at 11:07 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
But if I didn't care that much about the lounge/club access it would seem I am better off with maybe the Barclay at 2.2.
If one did MS you would have to do 25k on citi for a flight that costs 400 compared to 18k on Barclay for the same flight. am I understanding that correct?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:58 am

But if I didn't care that much about the lounge/club access it would seem I am better off with maybe the Barclay at 2.2.
If one did MS you would have to do 25k on citi for a flight that costs 400 compared to 18k on Barclay for the same flight. am I understanding that correct?
Not exactly. Arrival Plus "miles" are worth $0.011 each when redeemed for travel. Since you get 2 "miles" per dollar spent, that works out to a clear effective 2.2% cash back.

With Prestige, the points are worth $.016 each when redeemed for AA/US tickets. So each point is arguably worth more (assuming you buy AA tickets now and then). But the effective cash back rate is much harder to calculate, because the number of points you earn per dollar spent varies depending on what you are buying and whether or not you are eligible for a relationship bonus.

At one extreme, if you never charge dining/entertainment/airline/hotel expenses to your card and don't get a relationship bonus, you'd only be getting an effective 1.6% cash back. At the other extreme, if you are a Citi Private Bank client and use your card exclusively for airline/hotel expenses, you'd be getting over 5% effective cash back.

At the end of the day, if your spending is heavily weighted toward the 2-3 point per dollar categories, Prestige is probably the better deal. If you don't spend much in those categories, Arrival Plus is the better deal. Of course another option is to get both cards and put the bonus category spend on the Prestige card and the non-bonus category spend on the Arrival card. But that assumes the incremental value would offset the second annual fee.

Last edited by themicah; Jul 3, 2015 at 7:37 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Agreed. I'm in the Citi private bank/only-for-bonused-spend category, and so I get over 5% back. (Parenthetically, I'm not sure how any AA flyer could possibly not care about club access.)

One small update. As of this morning, reports are that the Arrival Plus is only a 2.1% card for new applicants since they've now halved the 10% redemption bonus. So you break even on the annual fee at $89,000 in spending. And so you're better off -- really much better off -- with the no-fee Citi Double Cash (2%) for domestic non-bonused spending. In other words, you are absolutely NOT better off with the Arrival Plus except under two (and only two) scenarios: you're not in the USA (since the AP card has no foreign transaction fee) or you're spending over $89,000 on the card (which means you're making back the $89 annual fee vis-à-vis the no-fee DC card).

And it bears repeating that the Arrival Plus has no bonus categories. I've just never understood the AP card's attraction. Not for one second. Plus, if you're in love with that cash-back-for-travel sort of thing, you'd be best off dropping $100K into a B of A account and getting 2.6% cash back on their cash-for-travel card (inclusive of the relationship bonus).

Last edited by FallenPlat; Jul 2, 2015 at 11:32 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
I had the arrival plus card, the online system is ....... I had a scheduled payment that didn't post for some reason and my credit took a hit due to a missed payment (me not realizing the scheduled payment didn't go through).
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:17 pm

Arrival is also taking a hit - down to 2.1% as well as $100 minimum redemption.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Willbur
Arrival is also taking a hit - down to 2.1% as well as $100 minimum redemption.
$100 minimum redemption? That sucks. I have cards with $25 and $50 minimum redemptions, but $100?

Prestige is really great in that regard in that the TYPs can be freely mixed in any amount with cash to buy airline tickets, so they are super easy to redeem as long as you buy an airline ticket once in a while (preferably AA/US to maximize the value/point).
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Can anyone confirm that adding an AUTH user for $50 and then paying $100 global entry fee will get it waived? I think T&C says that they will only reimburse for one but you know how that can easily not be true.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Citi Prestige MasterCard 50-100k points after $3,000 spend.

As others have posted the GE credit is one reimbursement per card account not per authorized user. Once every five years. The bloggers would have pounced on this way earlier if it was per authorized user. And there are no reports of anyone being able to take advantage of this.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Originally Posted by mrkymark
As others have posted the GE credit is one reimbursement per card account not per authorized user. Once every five years. The bloggers would have pounced on this way earlier if it was per authorized user. And there are no reports of anyone being able to take advantage of this.
awesome thank you! Have a great day!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:01 am
Suspended

Does anyone know when the AF hits the card? Right away, a few weeks, a month?

Wondering if we apply in early December, if we can get the airline credit in Dec 2015, 2016, and early Jan 17 while only paying a single AF?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Does anyone know when the AF hits the card? Right away, a few weeks, a month?

Wondering if we apply in early December, if we can get the airline credit in Dec 2015, 2016, and early Jan 17 while only paying a single AF?
For me about a month after my initial start date .. captured on the 2nd statement. Since airline credit happens at the end of the statement rather than a few days after purchase, I somewhat doubt you'll be able to get 3x credit off the initial AF.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Can anyone confirm that adding an AUTH user for $50 and then paying $100 global entry fee will get it waived? I think T&C says that they will only reimburse for one but you know how that can easily not be true.
I have an authorized user, and we charged two GE applications to the card, but were only reimbursed for one.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
For both the 1.6 cents redemption and $250 airline credit, is it restricted to flights originating in the U.S.? Asking since ex-Europe is that much cheaper and found out the hard way AA GC's only work on ex-USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.