Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Nope.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:45 am

Has anyone else had the credit post as a lower amount than the confirmation email stated? My confirmation email from 4/17 says credit amount is 310.50, I checked out on 5/22, and a credit to the amount of 273 posted today, 7/6. My statement closes on the 4th.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by scandi_dre
...credit to the amount of 273 posted ...
What does the hotel bill show as the cost for the 4th night?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia
What does the hotel bill show as the cost for the 4th night?
Nights 1-3 AUD 288
Night 4 AUD 378

It looks almost like they've used the current fx rate and not the one at the time of the confirmation email from the concierge as it should.

Wording from the confirmation email that I'm sure all of us have seen: "Exchange rate is based on today’s rate of exchange." and "The Complimentary Prestige Credit will appear in US Dollars. The US Dollar rate of exchange is calculated at the time of booking."
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by scandi_dre
Nights 1-3 AUD 288
Night 4 AUD 378

It looks almost like they've used the current fx rate and not the one at the time of the confirmation email from the concierge as it should.

Wording from the confirmation email that I'm sure all of us have seen: "Exchange rate is based on today’s rate of exchange." and "The Complimentary Prestige Credit will appear in US Dollars. The US Dollar rate of exchange is calculated at the time of booking."
When it was done by CWT, I received the amount on the email, not what I actually paid. Same as described in the email you excerpted.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
Villas (and castles) are not eligible so maybe these fall into that category. It's in the PDF FAQ linked a few pages back.
Originally Posted by oneeyejack
Did they change the terms for what you can and can't book? I tried to book an OWB at the IC or St Regis in Bora Bora and they said bungalows don't qualify for this benefit anymore.
Tried booking an OWB 4 times today at Pearl Beach Resort in Bora Bora, and Sofitel Marara. Each concierge stated that "stand alone structures" do not qualify for 4th night free. Pretty disappointed, even the garden view suites or beach front rooms at these properties did not qualify. Any success stories in the pacific islands with using 4th night free for Bungalows this year? Might have missed them in the 90 page thread...

Last edited by baconjam; Jul 6, 2016 at 2:52 pm
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Where's the fine print that says standalone structures don't apply? I'd like to see such language. Not sure how a garden/beach view suite would differ from my Polynesian Village Disney Theme Park View (virtually on the beach) room.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baconjam
Tried booking an OWB 4 times today at Pearl Beach Resort in Bora Bora, and Sofitel Marara. Each concierge stated that "stand alone structures" do not qualify for 4th night free. Pretty disappointed, even the garden view suites or beach front rooms at these properties did not qualify. Any success stories in the pacific islands with using 4th night free for Bungalows this year? Might have missed them in the 90 page thread...
I think the department over there is pretty small - you likely talked to the at least one person twice. And they probably all overheard the issue.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:13 pm
mia

Originally Posted by schalliol
Where's the fine print that says standalone structures don't apply?
Click the link in THIS post.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:13 pm

nonsense.

I used it at a property that had 5 different homes spread out over 4000 acres. They were definitely 'stand alone'
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:24 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
I used it at a property...'
How recently were these stays booked? It sounds as if this is a relatively recent refinement of their definition of a hotel to eliminate some exposure on the top end.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by mia
How recently were these stays booked? It sounds as if this is a relatively recent refinement of their definition of a hotel to eliminate some exposure on the top end.
May well be. It was in March, but booked a year ago.

I would argue that the terms and conditions apply, not a pdf of a faq...

The sentence structure in that seems flawed:

a. Yes, exclusions apply. Eligible hotels do not include rooms in yachts, riverboats, cruises, campgrounds, castles, safaris, villas, apartment rentals and are not eligible for the complimentary 4th night benefit.
Are they saying 'rooms in yachts' dont qualify? but 'riverboats, cruises, campground, etc" do? or does the sub-clause "rooms in" apply the the rest of the locations, so that what they are restricting is actually:

rooms in yachts
rooms in riverboats
rooms in cruises
rooms in...
etc

Or is the reader supposed to assume the 'rooms is" applies to the first 3 categories? or 2? or what?

Again, is this PDF part of the terms and conditions?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:53 pm

Pretty disappointed,...
Understandable but let's not be hogs...the benefit is outstanding.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know who found that PDF, but I'd certainly argue that their terms are here:

https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/porta...CTermsBenefits

and those terms don't reference other terms or limitations. They also don't restrict the room type as in the past several posts.

They also mention CWT as the provider.

But, to me, that page is the relevant page, and unless and until Citi changes is, those are the terms.

ETA: There actually is a line about the hotel benefit that says "Additional terms, conditions and exclusions apply."
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't know who found that PDF, but I'd certainly argue that their terms are here:

https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/porta...CTermsBenefits

and those terms don't reference other terms or limitations. They also don't restrict the room type as in the past several posts.

They also mention CWT as the provider.

But, to me, that page is the relevant page, and unless and until Citi changes is, those are the terms.

ETA: There actually is a line about the hotel benefit that says "Additional terms, conditions and exclusions apply."
Agreed. it is not clear if that pdf is in fact 'additional terms' or "faqs or clarification of terms'...and then you have the fact that the text from the faq is a bit ...confused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.