Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by nesnith
Access to Admirals Club (while traveling on AA) is for primary card holder only.

See the T&C on Citi:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/ad...o-CitiPrestige
Clicking on that link now it does not mention Admirals Club access.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:19 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by isle-hawg
Clicking on that link now it does not mention Admirals Club access.
No it does not. Since that benefit is going away in less than one year, Citi has apparently stopped advertising it.

You can reference the full t&c here:
https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/~/media/CPP/Files/LegalDocs/Additional%20BB%20site%20PDF%20files/ASSET_043071_Prestige%20Updates_V1.ashx
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:12 pm

Admirals Club Access w/ AA metal, LA ticket

I am flying AA metal DFW-BOG-DFW and I'm curious if I get Admiral's club access with my Prestige even though I booked with LA. Anyone know?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:09 pm

Per T&C at AA, the boarding pass must show an AA flight number (no codeshares). You could certainly try since it's an AA operated flight, but I wouldn't count on it.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nge-access.jsp
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:08 am

If you're flying AA metal, you should be able to get an AA boarding pass with an AA flight number. I don't think you'll have an issue.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I am flying AA metal DFW-BOG-DFW and I'm curious if I get Admiral's club access with my Prestige even though I booked with LA. Anyone know?
I'm in the DFW Admiral's Club now (Terminal C) and was granted admission with just the Citi Prestige card. No boarding pass required.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I'm in the DFW Admiral's Club now (Terminal C) and was granted admission with just the Citi Prestige card. No boarding pass required.
And, FWIW, I was also not asked for a boarding pass when entering the CLT Admiral's Club on the same day.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always like lounge access at JFK because the unpredictability of traffic tends to make me arrive an hour or two early. But I think I'm hosed for my next flight. It's on LATAM metal to SCL (undoubtedly an AA codeshare flight, but I'm booked through LATAM, and the metal's supposed to be what counts anyway). LATAM recently moved to AA's terminal (their oneworld partner), so the Admiral's Club is the only possible lounge. I have a Citi Prestige card, which I regularly use for AA lounge access. I don't buy a ton of revenue tickets, so I'm currently only Gold in AAdvantage.

Under the official rules, I get no lounge access in this situation with my Citi card, right? Are they likely to enforce this rule? Seems kind of ridiculous, but that's the rule, correct?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
I always like lounge access at JFK because the unpredictability of traffic tends to make me arrive an hour or two early. But I think I'm hosed for my next flight. It's on LATAM metal to SCL (undoubtedly an AA codeshare flight, but I'm booked through LATAM, and the metal's supposed to be what counts anyway). LATAM recently moved to AA's terminal (their oneworld partner), so the Admiral's Club is the only possible lounge. I have a Citi Prestige card, which I regularly use for AA lounge access. I don't buy a ton of revenue tickets, so I'm currently only Gold in AAdvantage.

Under the official rules, I get no lounge access in this situation with my Citi card, right? Are they likely to enforce this rule? Seems kind of ridiculous, but that's the rule, correct?
According to the terms and conditions, the Citi Prestige card only allows Admirals Club access if we have same-day travel on AA-operated flights. This means codeshares not operated by AA are not eligible.

With that said, you can always just go to the Club, show them you AA codeshare boarding pass, and see what happens. Since we know from the T&C that they will not officially allow you access, there isn't really a worst-case scenario. If they somehow let you in, then congrats! Anyway, you really don't have anything to lose by trying in this case.

Good luck!^

Last edited by nesnith; Feb 24, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx

The couple of times that I've been to the Admiral's club at JFK, they never asked to look at my boarding pass.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Ymmv depends on agent. Some ask some don't.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks guys. Considering we are gold elites travelling on an AA codeshare flight leaving from the AA terminal with an Admiral's Club access card, it would seem quite mean to deny us entry into the lounge. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do! I'd say this is a quirk that should be fixed -- if they weren't going to cancel the whole arrangement anyway. I'll post what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.