FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   [Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1266831-expired-citi-premier-50-000-ty-bonus-pts-500-worth-fee-free-first-year.html)

drbobguy Oct 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by drbobguy (Post 17262161)
I applied and while I haven't checked my app status, I have yet to have a credit pull show up (and usually it's 24 hours or so later). Also going from "submit" to "step 3" was instantaneous, usually when a credit pull is involved it takes a few seconds for the next page to load.

Okay I was a little impatient and decided to just reapply over the phone.

I did the web app a few days ago and was stopped at step 3. But after calling in there was no record of my application using the automated status line (800-201-4523). I also had no credit pull reported (I have citi identity monitor).

I decided to call the number listed on the page in the OP (800-479-0141). After giving my info and listening to an incredibly long stream of terms and conditions I was approved for the card.

Note I have two citi cards already (last approval was early August). I specifically applied for the Mastercard as I knew that required a lower CL, and I was approved for just $2000, which I don't find surprising as my other citi cards have high limits relative to my income.

So YMMV. If you haven't applied yet, do so by phone and not using the link in the OP. If you have applied using the link, you can call and check your status. If there's no record it seems like applying again might work.

I guess the only danger is the apps aren't going through but they are being "stored" somewhere, and once citi realizes the error they may submit them as a batch and I'll wind up getting a second credit pull for this app.

yoyo Oct 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by drbobguy (Post 17263294)
I guess the only danger is the apps aren't going through but they are being "stored" somewhere, and once citi realizes the error they may submit them as a batch and I'll wind up getting a second credit pull for this app.

Hey maybe you will get approved for second card and get 2X50K:D

drbobguy Oct 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 17263611)
Hey maybe you will get approved for second card and get 2X50K:D

One can dream!

ddfr Oct 12, 2011 4:42 pm

3 apps

I am just concerned cause I did the 1st app---and like a fool (following the directions of staff) I submitted apps 2 & 3.

If this winds up being treated as 3 cc pulls we will never be able to get a card again.

I hope this gets resolved soon---if anyone finds out more info re the links to nowhere please post.

yoyo Oct 12, 2011 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by ddfr (Post 17263791)
I am just concerned cause I did the 1st app---and like a fool (following the directions of staff) I submitted apps 2 & 3.

If this winds up being treated as 3 cc pulls we will never be able to get a card again.

I hope this gets resolved soon---if anyone finds out more info re the links to nowhere please post.

If you did it on the same day from the same issuer (business and personal are different issuers) 3 cc pulls will likely merged into one by the credit bureau. This is exactly how ppl do app-o-rama in the old days.

drbobguy Oct 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 17264492)
If you did it on the same day from the same issuer (business and personal are different issuers) 3 cc pulls will likely merged into one by the credit bureau. This is exactly how ppl do app-o-rama in the old days.

Yes I did the thank you premier and after being approved I decided to do the citi 50,000 ($1500 spend) HHonors card as well. Approved for both today, and hopefully just for one pull.

I was thinking of doing the Thank You Preferred, but wasn't sure if you can get both the preferred and premier (anyone know?).

ddfr Oct 12, 2011 7:10 pm

3 apps

Originally Posted by yoyo

Unfortunately it was 3 pulls on 3 seperate days. Is there anything I can say/do?

Again, I do feel stupid now...but pulls 2 and 3 were done at the direction of Citi CSR who said up and down the application was def not submitted in any way. In fact app # 3 was done at the direction of a supervisor.

Do I have any recourse?

yoyo Oct 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by ddfr (Post 17264570)
Originally Posted by yoyo

Unfortunately it was 3 pulls on 3 seperate days. Is there anything I can say/do?

Again, I do feel stupid now...but pulls 2 and 3 were done at the direction of Citi CSR who said up and down the application was def not submitted in any way. In fact app # 3 was done at the direction of a supervisor.

Do I have any recourse?

Sorry I don't think so since the merge is done by the credit bureau not Citi and they seem to do that only for same day pulls from the same cc issuer. Maybe someone else can chip in if you can try to dispute the two additional pulls.

factory81 Oct 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Citi isn't finding my app either. I am not applying over the phone and I am holding out to hear what happens.

Jesperss Oct 13, 2011 10:12 am

I applied on the phone. Took 15 minutes, the offer was exactly the same as on the web page.

Didn't get an instant decision, but was told I would hear from City in 7-10 days.

bubb1 Oct 13, 2011 11:05 am

No app found still a week after applying online (no pull either), so I called and applied over the phone (what a grueling process for everyone involved). Instantly approved, card arrives in a week apparently.

Yobz Oct 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Approved today, thanks all!

jasonz9238 Oct 13, 2011 9:09 pm

I just called in and it said I was approved so for those of you that applied via web, looks like its going through :-)

glu800 Oct 14, 2011 12:22 am

Has there been any indication as to when this promo expires? I'm debating whether or not to do this application now, or wait until after November when the UA Explorer card for the masses comes out...
Thx

tpeflyer Oct 14, 2011 9:31 am

Originally Posted by tpeflyer (Post 17261423)
Data point: applied on 10/11/2011 for the Premier card. Got the dreaded 30 day notice. Only one other Citi card (aadvantage visa, 2.5K balance, 6K CL, paid off in full every month). Beyond that have a discover with 0 balance 6K CL, chase marriott (0 balance, 19K CL), and chase continental (0 balance, 15k CL). Credit score in the upper 700s.

Ok, dialed the 888-201-4523 and found that I was approved on Oct 11. So, the link does work, at least if used recently.