FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   [Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1266831-expired-citi-premier-50-000-ty-bonus-pts-500-worth-fee-free-first-year.html)

drbobguy Oct 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Applied for the Mastercard and also got stopped at step 3 for the 30-day notification.

jasonz9238 Oct 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ddfr (Post 17251062)
Had my wife apply for card on Saturday---called today (got pending message because of fraud alert) and was told application was not submitted, encouraged to do another one online. Just did a 2nd app on line for her?

Have others had this problem? Will this be two credit inquiries? Might she be approved twice (which wouldn't be so bad) for the card?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I applied on Saturday and today they still don't have my application in their system and was told to possibly reapply... weird.

Jesperss Oct 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Anyone apply over the phone? May be faster.

League Oct 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: the option of the Visa Sig or Mastercard... This begs the question: has anyone attempted to use the old 2 browser trick to get both of them? (hey it worked with Citi AA...)

ddfr Oct 11, 2011 7:06 pm

3 apps

As an FYI, I called tonight because citi was not showing either of my 2 previous apps.

Insisted (and held for 30 minutes) for a supervisor who assured me that the link (since it wasn't directly off the citi website) must be broken.

As a result, I applied again directly from the Citi Website and again it ended at step 3. Called the supervisor back and asked her to escalate this (which she agreed to do) as well as to ask that someone at the bank now check my wife's credit report hasn't been dinged 3 times. They are not showing any app whatsoever.

It also concerns me that if since this info apparently never made it to the app center , my wife's personal info could be floating anywhere out there in cyberspace.

Thoughts?

jjmiller69 Oct 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by drbobguy (Post 17257078)
Applied for the Mastercard and also got stopped at step 3 for the 30-day notification.

Applied today and got the same. Leaving for Maui in 2 weeks and was hoping to have card to start the spend. I'll wait 2 days and then call to see what they say. Will post again after calling. :(

jjmiller69 Oct 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by ddfr (Post 17258403)
As an FYI, I called tonight because citi was not showing either of my 2 previous apps.

Insisted (and held for 30 minutes) for a supervisor who assured me that the link (since it wasn't directly off the citi website) must be broken.

As a result, I applied again directly from the Citi Website and again it ended at step 3. Called the supervisor back and asked her to escalate this (which she agreed to do) as well as to ask that someone at the bank now check my wife's credit report hasn't been dinged 3 times. They are not showing any app whatsoever.

It also concerns me that if since this info apparently never made it to the app center , my wife's personal info could be floating anywhere out there in cyberspace.

Thoughts?

This does sound very troubling. It may not be floating , but directed to someone other than Citi? May have to make my phone call tomorrow. I just read the entire thread and didn't see anyone say they got approved? Thanks for the heads up. :eek:

yoyo Oct 11, 2011 7:49 pm

If you look at the link itself it does go to citi so my guess is this is a bug at citi website. The certificate was issued to Citi on 7/22/2010 valid for two years. So even though it is possible someone faked the certificate in light of latest hacking news, I will think it is unlikely your info is stolen or floating in cyberspace.

jjmiller69 Oct 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 17258618)
If you look at the link itself it does go to citi so my guess is this is a bug at citi website. The certificate was issued to Citi on 7/22/2010 valid for two years. So even though it is possible someone faked the certificate in light of latest hacking news, I will think it is unlikely your info is stolen or floating in cyberspace.

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I'm not that tec savy to to be able to follow links. Glad there are people like you. :)

jasonz9238 Oct 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Seems like some of us are in the same boat. I applied on Saturday and they don't have my app in the system. maybe applying through their site is not the way to go with this one. I don't want to reapply yet in case I get dinged multiple times on my credit report.

4788flyer Oct 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Is there any possibility I can get this card without a hard credit pull by converting one of my other Citi cards (e.g. Citi Forward)? A while ago, I was able to convert a Citi AA card to Citi Forward without a credit pull. I was wondering if I could get the bonus and a new Citi card by calling the CSR for one of my current citi cards and changing one of those cards to this card.

booyaa Oct 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by 4788flyer (Post 17259500)
Is there any possibility I can get this card without a hard credit pull by converting one of my other Citi cards (e.g. Citi Forward)? A while ago, I was able to convert a Citi AA card to Citi Forward without a credit pull. I was wondering if I could get the bonus and a new Citi card by calling the CSR for one of my current citi cards and changing one of those cards to this card.

You will most likely not get the bonus.

Jesperss Oct 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Nice deal.

Cash in on a Best Buy gift card and use it on an iPad 3 when it comes out. ^

tpeflyer Oct 12, 2011 9:55 am

Data point: applied on 10/11/2011 for the Premier card. Got the dreaded 30 day notice. Only one other Citi card (aadvantage visa, 2.5K balance, 6K CL, paid off in full every month). Beyond that have a discover with 0 balance 6K CL, chase marriott (0 balance, 19K CL), and chase continental (0 balance, 15k CL). Credit score in the upper 700s.

drbobguy Oct 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by jasonz9238 (Post 17258768)
Seems like some of us are in the same boat. I applied on Saturday and they don't have my app in the system. maybe applying through their site is not the way to go with this one. I don't want to reapply yet in case I get dinged multiple times on my credit report.

I applied and while I haven't checked my app status, I have yet to have a credit pull show up (and usually it's 24 hours or so later). Also going from "submit" to "step 3" was instantaneous, usually when a credit pull is involved it takes a few seconds for the next page to load.