Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by compddd
Thanks for the explanation Happy. Do I have any hope of recon for the 2nd app that was denied?
When I applied for these cards a couple months ago, I was approved for one but denied for the other. I called the reconsideration line and was approved for the second, I didn't need to send a letter. YMMV, of course.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by aarif1
When I applied for these cards a couple months ago, I was approved for one but denied for the other. I called the reconsideration line and was approved for the second, I didn't need to send a letter. YMMV, of course.
I sent you a PM
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:24 am

Just applied for this today, both a Visa and an MC app. As far as I could tell, most links to the app (including the link in post 541 here) were dead and re-directed to Citi's main CC page. I was lucky to find in my browser history a backdoor into the application page, having opened it a few weeks ago.

I am providing that link, which is working at least for now. There's no language about the 50k points, but after I applied I had to call for final approval, and I asked the representative to confirm the 50k bonus, and she did (same 50k bonus after spending 2.5k in 3 months).

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...2C33701F0C1EBB
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:41 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by js80
I am providing that link, which is working at least for now.
Thank you for that! It looks like the landing pages have been pulled again. Was kicking myself for not saving the actual application link.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:41 am

Approved for both (Visa+MC)

I applied last week using the links in post 541 and was instantly approved for both (using the two browser trick).
I had applied for these cards a few months ago and was declined for both, but I got lucky this time!
I called Citi and confirmed 50k bonuses for both cards. Thanks, FT, and good luck to you folks!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:35 pm

Great, I just applied for both the MC and Visa via this link (above) https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...2C33701F0C1EBB and received a "we need to take further processing required" note on each one.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 1:23 pm

50K after how much spending in how many months ?

Originally Posted by worldcitizen25
I applied last week using the links in post 541 and was instantly approved for both (using the two browser trick).
I had applied for these cards a few months ago and was declined for both, but I got lucky this time!
I called Citi and confirmed 50k bonuses for both cards. Thanks, FT, and good luck to you folks!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
Originally Posted by ftbargain
50K after how much spending in how many months ?
$2500 (per card) in 3 months.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:13 am
Suspended

got 52700 thank you points, waiting for 10% off AMAZON GIFT CARD, if it never comes, will request for $500 cash?
1099 form if check is requested?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by emptiness
1099 form if check is requested?
Citi will not issue a 1099 if you redeem ThankYou Points (or any other reward) earned with a credit card because these are not income, they are a partial refund of the amount you spent on the card. Citi may issue a 1099 if you redeem ThankYou Points earned through banking. The form of the redemption is irrelevant.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Happy
The tickets redeemed with TYPs are revenue tickets and they earn miles. (they dont earn flight points, even if you use Point + Cash).
Thank you.

This is the detail I was trying to ferret out.

So, if in 2013 I fly the family IAD to SAN RT (x4) there would potentially by 2100 miles x8 or roughly 17K of flight points available if I charged the card. That would then be worth ~$170 (or 226 on a future flight) if I eventually spend 17K on the card.

Sounds like unless I get a crazy cheap fare (or have greater than $50/tix in booking fees) I'll be better served to use the discounted travel redemption.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I applied for this card a few weeks ago.
Had prepaid all balances on my other cards
as I was going on vacation.

On returning home, I was surprised to find a rejection,
not because of too many enquiries, etc.,
but becauae all cards had a zero balance !

A call to the recon line went very smoothly,
within 5 minutes they approved the ap,
$5K limit, confirmed it will earn the 50K TYP,
card should arrive in 7 days or so,
in time to pay a $3K bill at end of month.

Not too bad, $500 coming back later.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Jul 21, 2012 at 12:26 pm Reason: sp
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
weird..but ill take it!

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
I applied for this card a few weeks ago.

On returning home, I was surprised to find a rejection,
not because of too many enquiries, etc.,
but becauae all cards had a zero balance !

chck this out!..applied for the cards using the two browser trick (actually used two laptops)...and one got approved and the other application errored out....didnt think I got it and didnt follow up eitehr--well lo and behold! in the mail today was the OTHER card--a MasterCard...the same one that errored out during the application .....no complaints here! ILL TAKE IT!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, Marriott
Are the 50000 TY links still working? (i.e since July 15)
I tried out some of the links from previous posts- but they seem to lead to the 25000 offer, or to a general page.
The links in posts 603 and and 606, which lead to pages that don't mention any offer at all, made me a little hopeful! They seem to have worked for people a few days back...

Last edited by earthrain; Jul 21, 2012 at 7:07 pm
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:13 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Most offers don't tell you what they are. If people here report they got 50k from a link, then you'll probably get 50k from a link. And that's all the assurance you'll get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.