Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
What is the deal with chrunning Citi cards?

I got in on the 75k offer some time ago, and had the card and cancelled it last August (8/2012).

Can I apply for 2 cards again and get 100k miles?
Old May 10, 2013, 7:45 am

It's not that simple read the thread. You need to also meet spending requirements.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
Got the request to send in 4056T as well here. I'll just ignore their request and try again in a year. I'm getting a credit card and not a mortgage so I'm not going to give them all the information about my financials just to get one.

Are they tightening up? I haven't done an app in 6 months but my last churn (all hilton, 2 citi and 1 Amex) was in November.

Last edited by flyerwanabe1; May 10, 2013 at 10:02 am
Old May 10, 2013, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Roman Goubin
How exactly do you ask AA to put your aadvantage # for a BA avios reservation? Will you get AA miles for Avios reservation? I have both AA and BA miles, as well as the cards so I want to make sure I get maximum benefits for each reservation! Thanks
After you have your Avios res for an AA flight, call AA with the BA record locator. Give them your AA # and get the AA record locator. You can then log in to your AA acct and see the res by inputting the AA record locator. You can also select your seats that way. You do not get any AA miles for an AA flight that you booked using Avios miles.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:04 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by flyerwanabe1
Got the request to send in 4056T as well here. I'll just ignore their request and try again in a year. I'm getting a credit card that I'll be cancelling anyway and not a mortgage so I'm not going to give them all the information about my financial just to get one.
I called and request to cancel my application because it was taking too long I don't want the card anymore. Better than leaving it open I think.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by bmchris
It's not that simple read the thread. You need to also meet spending requirements.
Why don't you tell me since the thread is 400 + pages.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Why don't you tell me since the thread is 400 + pages.
Short answer:
You cannot apply for 2 cards in one day.
What you can get:
50K personal platinum Visa OR Amex
50K business platinum
30K world mastercard gold

no more than 2 apps in 60 days
no more than 1 app a day

recalling this from memory so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong
Old May 10, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by raj49
How long does it take for card to come in the mail? Did a search on it but got nothing.
Applied on Friday, received card on Wednesday, so would say about 4 days.

Cheers!
Old May 10, 2013, 10:34 am

Data points (again :-) )

Well, applied for Citi Amex yesterday (within less than a week of getting a Visa approved instantly) and was shot down :-( . Wasn't very hopeful, but there is still a slim hope.

Applied for Citi Visa for spouse after above rejection and she didn't get instant approval, but after calling, confirmed that it is approved.

Cheers!
Old May 10, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by aznrayne
Short answer:
You cannot apply for 2 cards in one day.
What you can get:
50K personal platinum Visa OR Amex
50K business platinum
30K world mastercard gold

no more than 2 apps in 60 days
no more than 1 app a day

recalling this from memory so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong
I think something to this effect should be added to post #1 or 2 and updated as things change. (Just the facts). And I think that 60 should be 65.

Opinion: Business platinum churning and approvals have not been consistent recently; the safest route seems to be
Day 1 45-50K personal platinum
65+ days later 50K business
Old May 10, 2013, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by jkpaulson
Looking for past experiences with the aa city business app....after filling out the online app, a page came up to create an online account, as well as paperless statements, the next page said app was pending.....

At one time with Citi, I think, if you did not get an automatic pending or denial, and especially if you were able to set up online account info, billing dates, etc, and then got a pending, you pretty much ended up with the card.

Has anyone noticed if this is still a possibility? I understand it's potentially different for each person.... just wondering.
That (bold portion) is almost correct! Just observed it yesterday for spouse's app. In case you are wondering, you can call them up and find out status of your application (which is most likely approved). If you need the phone number to call, just look at some of my last few posts on this thread.

Cheers!
Old May 10, 2013, 10:53 am

instant approval, Personal Visa from link - post #1. $10.5k limit, not bad,
Old May 10, 2013, 11:41 am

I applied for a visa platinum and got approved using link 2 on 5/8. Wondering if I should do the MC Gold now or the AA business visa, seeing a lot of conflicting reports.

Has anyone had success doing a personal card then business card 1-2 days later?
Old May 10, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Day 1 45-50K personal platinum
65+ days later 50K business
I did
Day1 50K personal Plat VISA
Day2 50K Business

and am thinking of

65+ days later 30K personal Plat MC

Reason: It looks I will get +20K miles after $15K spending as a citigold benefits.

Concern: likely immediately rejected by not-a-1st-time as Citi may recognize Plat VISA and Plat MC are the same, thus average-18-months rule may be applied.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
I did
Day1 50K personal Plat VISA
Day2 50K Business

and am thinking of

65+ days later 30K personal Plat MC

Reason: It looks I will get +20K miles after $15K spending as a citigold benefits.

Concern: likely immediately rejected by not-a-1st-time as Citi may recognize Plat VISA and Plat MC are the same, thus average-18-months rule may be applied.
Recently? I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing, I applied for 50k personal plat visa 2 days ago, need to decide today if i want to do the business or not..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.