Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:38 pm

I was just denied for this card today

Today as part of my AOR I applied for this card after applying for AMEX SPG and Club Carlson 2 cards. I also signed up for Chase Priority Club Select Visa. Credit score is 753. I got further review message on step 5 and got denied on the call with a rep and said I would get mail on more details of the denial.

I previously had:
hase Sapphire Preferred 10/10/2012
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select 12/7/2012
Citi AAdvantage Business 12/7/2012
United MileagePlus Explorer 1/10/2013
US Airways Dividend Miles 1/11/2013
AMEX Hilton HHonors 1/15/2013
Chase Ink Bold 1/25/2013
AMEX Premier Rewards Gold 2/20/2013
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:41 pm

Thinking of signing up for BOA/BOH Hawaii cards.. what do you guys think?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:23 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
i got this card back in feb
bonus just posted
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cronin85
Thinking of signing up for BOA/BOH Hawaii cards.. what do you guys think?
I think you're in the wrong thread. This thread is specific to Citi 50K HHonors cards (not even the other Citi HHonors card, not even the Amex HHonors cards). It's not for all way of getting Hhonors, just about the Citi 50k HHonors card.

Try thread in the HHonors forum like these:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...on-points.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...edit-card.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...on-points.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-hhonors.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...rs-points.html

(All of these found by going to Hilton HHonors forum and search on the word "Hawaiian". You could find more by go to the Hawaii-based Airlines forum and searching for "HHonors" or "Hilton", plus looking for threads on the HA credit cards there.)
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
bonus just posted, statement closed April 3rd
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by cronin85
I was just denied for this card today

Today as part of my AOR I applied for this card after applying for AMEX SPG and Club Carlson 2 cards. I also signed up for Chase Priority Club Select Visa. Credit score is 753. I got further review message on step 5 and got denied on the call with a rep and said I would get mail on more details of the denial.

I previously had:
hase Sapphire Preferred 10/10/2012
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select 12/7/2012
Citi AAdvantage Business 12/7/2012
United MileagePlus Explorer 1/10/2013
US Airways Dividend Miles 1/11/2013
AMEX Hilton HHonors 1/15/2013
Chase Ink Bold 1/25/2013
AMEX Premier Rewards Gold 2/20/2013
So 13 cards in the last 6 months? That might have something to do with the denial. Why is everyone in such a rush? I think this is the FT-effect. "Look how many points everyone else is getting! I've got to keep up!" Why?
Seems like slowing down and being a little more selective might be a better idea. These routine bonuses aren't going anywhere soon and by shooting your whole wad on all of those, you run the danger of finding yourself out of ammo when one of those really exceptional card opportunities pops up. I've tried to always go slow enough to always have a couple of rounds in the chamber so I can be sure and jump on one of those ops should they pop up.
So why the rush?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by travelpye
I would try option 2. If you close it first, the credit from newly closed account does not immediately become available based on reports from others and my personal experience.
I can report that I was able to get 3rd Citi HH card for DH and did not close first card. They did need to move some of his credit line. Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by brasov02
So 13 cards in the last 6 months? That might have something to do with the denial. Why is everyone in such a rush? I think this is the FT-effect. "Look how many points everyone else is getting! I've got to keep up!" Why?
Seems like slowing down and being a little more selective might be a better idea. These routine bonuses aren't going anywhere soon and by shooting your whole wad on all of those, you run the danger of finding yourself out of ammo when one of those really exceptional card opportunities pops up. I've tried to always go slow enough to always have a couple of rounds in the chamber so I can be sure and jump on one of those ops should they pop up.
So why the rush?
Although I'm with you about being selective, one of the issues that arises when going slow is how long really good offers, including cool practices such as allowing two apps in one day such as Citi did with AA and Hilton, will last. I tend to shrug off the end of deals, but I understand why some other folks want to churn every bit out of some cards before the gravy train ends.

Add in the program changes, especially with Hilton, and you get more reasons for piling up huge amounts of points. When I started understanding that AA Hilton cards could be churned in this way a year ago. the amount of points I anticipated having by now (and which I do have by now) seemed a lot more valuable then.

I would agree, however, that some folks just pile up points in programs because they can, not because they have any coherent strategy for the accumulation. Accumulating Hilton points through credit cards became appealing to me solely because of a combination of easily earned mid-level status and free nights in a program with hotels in a lot of places I like to travel. Status at Hilton remains easy to maintain; the free nights are now a different story, with some properties static in redemption levels and many "aspirational" properties much more than double in price.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 7:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CherylD
I can report that I was able to get 3rd Citi HH card for DH and did not close first card. They did need to move some of his credit line. Thanks!
Do you have to give any reason for getting the 3rd citi HH card?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Originally Posted by Milano Suprano in post #1
50k $1,500 within 6 months
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...BN3dPJB8bEAPl2
*Updated link (see post #141)
Is post #1 link updated or is post #141 the link to use?
Also were there any free night vouchers with this offer?
Or anything else offered not mentioned in post #1? Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
I used the link in post #1 about three weeks ago and it still worked. This is my 2nd time around using link 1. No free night vouchers that I'm aware of.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
The free night vouchers are with the Reserve card, not with this card. (But the Reserve card doesn't give bonus points at all, it gives the free night vouchers instead of bonus points. Also, the Reserve card has an annual fee that isn't waived, while this card has no annual fee.)

This card just gives 50k bonus points. Plus the ability to lather, rinse, repeat. (It may or may not give HH Silver status, but who cares? HH Silver status is practically worthless. You need HH Gold for useful benefits.)
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:43 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Data Point

I applied today for a second Citi HH Visa for my husband; he was approved instantly.

Then I applied for a second for myself. Mine went pending. I was feeling lazy about calling reconsideration, but after a few hours, they called me. Verified income, assets, and approved the card.

I wasn't asked any questions about why I wanted a second card.

Anita
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:12 am

Another data point

I have three Citi cards, an AA, a Thank You Premiere and a three month old HH.

Last night I applied for another HH and was given a phone number and app id. I called in today and with no pressure at all was approved for this second HH card/fourth Citi card.

They offered to move credit around but I don't need that (for the obvious reason!) and declined.

Keeping my eyes on a free week at the Curacao Hilton! (40K per night).
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:44 am

I applied for the Citi Hilton HHonors and Amex Hilton HHonors cards in December. I currently have a Citi AA Platinum, Citi AA Bronze (Downgraded from Plat).

Today:
I applied for the 50,000 mile Citi Hilton and was approved.
I applied for the 40,000 mileCiti Hilton and was rejected.

Hope this helps someone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.