Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
https://www.citipricerewind.com/guide
Print Wikipost

CITI Price Rewind

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:39 am

I'm new to Citi cards and now have one with Price Rewind. It appears that Black Friday is eligible, but it must be in a published ad (as opposed to a website product page)? Also, can I charge any percentage of the total amount to the Citi card and still qualify?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe318
I'm new to Citi cards and now have one with Price Rewind. It appears that Black Friday is eligible, but it must be in a published ad (as opposed to a website product page)? Also, can I charge any percentage of the total amount to the Citi card and still qualify?
I doubt it. I had to fill out a form which breaks down the purchase price, tax, etc, and upload the receipt. That wouldn't work with a partial payment! They need to know the whole price you paid (to be able to compare it against others), not some fraction of it!

So AFAIK if you want to use Citi Price Rewind, you have to pay for the item as one payment.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Do I have to use my Citi card to be eligible to use Citi Price Rewind?

Yes, you must pay for the item at least in part with your Citi card. We will only pay the lesser of the actual amount paid for with your Citi card or the maximum coverage per item. For a full description of the program including "WHAT'S COVERED" and "WHAT'S NOT COVERED", please see Guide to Citi Price Rewind Benefit.
https://www.citipricerewind.com/faq#faq2
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:01 pm

I've been successful with sending in a browser page printout with the sale price, camelcamelcamel.com price histories, and black friday sales tracker posts. I usually send in a couple of sources when I have any concern about it appearing legit. Zero issues and I've been doing it for 3 years now.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by mia
Oh, thanks for this. So, if I'm interpreting it correctly through this example:

$100 item, pay $80 with store gift card and $20 on Citi card. The item price drops $10 to $90 total, so I would be eligible for the difference since I charged $20 on the Citi card. However, if the item price drops $30 to $70, I either would not be eligible for any price difference OR only up to $20 since that's what I spend on my Citi card. Am I understanding this correctly?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:21 am

Oh, thanks for this. So, if I'm interpreting it correctly through this example:

$100 item, pay $80 with store gift card and $20 on Citi card. The item price drops $10 to $90 total, so I would be eligible for the difference since I charged $20 on the Citi card. However, if the item price drops $30 to $70, I either would not be eligible for any price difference OR only up to $20 since that's what I spend on my Citi card. Am I understanding this correctly?
In your second scenario, you would be eligible for $20 rather than $30 because you only charged $20 to your Citi card. However, in practice, I'm not sure all the benefits agents would be sophisticated enough to notice a difference. YMMV
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:51 am

I have had good luck with Citi price rewind, but it seems ive run into a snag.

I bought a doll at a walmart store for $10. I found it at another walmart store for $5. The price shows up on walmarts website. So I took a screenshot that shows the doll for $5 at this store and submitted the claim. They denied it. When I called and asked the reason, all i was told was, "they called the walmart store and were told it was an invalid price".

I explained to the claims person that the URL is still valid, and if he manually types in the URL in the screenshot it comes up for $5. But he didnt care and simply just repeated over and over that the price is invalid.

Has anyone run into this before? I looked at Citi's terms and conditions and all it says is you need to provide a lower price. It doesnt say it has to be "valid" or anything. Has anyone run into this before and still got their claim approved?

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:50 pm

update:

20 of my price rewind claims were denied. I've never had one denied before. it seems they dont want me submitting any.

One example:

I bought 5 identical items on the same receipt. All had the same lower price. The first 4 claims were approved, but the 5th was denied, even though it is identical to the first 4 claims, and there was only 40 mins difference between the last approved claim and the denied claim.

I called citi and talked to management, and he wouldnt budge. He just said he talked to someone at the lower priced store and was told the price was "invalid". I explained to him ive had 6 other identical claims approved, but he wouldnt budge.

Has anyone seen this before were 1 claim is approved, but an identical claim submitted 40 mins later is denied? It seems like theyre just denying all my claims to get rid of me.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by outspokenAZ
update:

20 of my price rewind claims were denied. I've never had one denied before. it seems they dont want me submitting any.

One example:

I bought 5 identical items on the same receipt. All had the same lower price. The first 4 claims were approved, but the 5th was denied, even though it is identical to the first 4 claims, and there was only 40 mins difference between the last approved claim and the denied claim.

I called citi and talked to management, and he wouldnt budge. He just said he talked to someone at the lower priced store and was told the price was "invalid". I explained to him ive had 6 other identical claims approved, but he wouldnt budge.

Has anyone seen this before were 1 claim is approved, but an identical claim submitted 40 mins later is denied? It seems like theyre just denying all my claims to get rid of me.
One of the exclusions is: "Items purchased for resale use." It seems like buying 5 (or 20) of the same product might be viewed as such.

This may also justify denying the same price rewind for the 5th item, but not the first 4.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:41 am

Searched this thread couldn't find any data point on submitting a claim after a claim has been approved but the price continues to drop with-in the 60 days. Anybody with a data point?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
I've done these rewinds and they don't "approve" a claim and pay it UNTIL the 60 days have passed. I once found a lower price before the end and submitted it and they said to wait until the 60 days have passed in case there is a lower price. (In my case, they actually found a lower price on their own search than I did.)

Originally Posted by pbnair
Searched this thread couldn't find any data point on submitting a claim after a claim has been approved but the price continues to drop with-in the 60 days. Anybody with a data point?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by pbnair
I purchased a game for $60 and made a price rewind claim for the game because it was $57 on Amazon and received a $3 statement credit. Five days later, I made a price rewind claim again for the same game on Amazon and received another statement credit for a little more than $3.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by 007shinobi
I purchased a game for $60 and made a price rewind claim for the game because it was $57 on Amazon and received a $3 statement credit. Five days later, I made a price rewind claim again for the same game on Amazon and received another statement credit for a little more than $3.
How long did it take for the credit? Did you have to wait the full 60 days to pass?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by googs185
How long did it take for the credit? Did you have to wait the full 60 days to pass?
I believe it took about 4 days to a week for each claim. Previously, before they switched to allowing online claims on the website it would take 2 weeks or never since they never notified if they denied my price rewind...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
If the item I purchase comes from a store that offers loyalty points and the store I'm price matching to does not, does that affect the rewind?

What if both stores offer loyalty points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.