Last edit by: mia
https://www.citipricerewind.com/guide
Print Wikipost

CITI Price Rewind

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:16 pm

It's worth trying, but they may claim it is excluded under this exclusion:

■■ The lower-priced item is offered at no cost, or the lower price
includes a bonus, free offer, special financing or a rebate.

Originally Posted by jyx
if I found an identical item at lower price with the site's discount code, would Citi Pricerewind allow it?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:21 am

can I use the rewind for hotel bookings?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:45 am
esf

Originally Posted by babypuwet
can I use the rewind for hotel bookings?
No

Actually I don't see anything in T&C that precludes hotel bookings, but I think you will have a though time to convince Virginia Surety.

Last edited by esf; Mar 18, 2017 at 2:07 am
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, AAdvantage, Chase Ultimate Rewards, IHG Rewards Platinum
Are international purchases accepted?

Does anyone know if purchases made outside the USA count for price rewind? Also how about the non-refund benefit as well, does it cover international purchases?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:09 am
esf

Originally Posted by Quikarmani
Does anyone know if purchases made outside the USA count for price rewind? Also how about the non-refund benefit as well, does it cover international purchases?
Purchases made outside the USA don't seem to be excluded per Price Rewind T&C.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:07 am

So I made a Price Remind claim on March 27th by submitting completed claim form, receipt, lower priced item on website and also in my cart. Got an email saying:
Thank you for your recent submission and/or inquiry. We appreciate the opportunity to service your request provided through your Citibank N.A. issued card.

You can expect to hear back from us within 14 days after we receive all requested information.
So flash forward to yesterday, I called in as it was over 14 days and was told that I did not make a claim and I didn't provide all the information. I told the CSR that I did file a claim and had an email saying they had received it. He told me that I had made an inquiry, the looked in further and told me whoever got my email accidentally clicked inquiry rather than claim.

He then made a claim and I got an email with a claim ID and told me I had to now wait 14 business days. He said now since I had submitted all the documentation (which is the pdf he took from the wrongly created inquiry) that he thinks the adjustor will hopefully do it before 14 business days.

Wow, this is worse than Discover where you have to call in to make a claim then submit things online. At least with them there is an online tracking system. With discover I've had a turnaround of 4-5 days on average.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:55 pm

At least you didn't get an email with the following:

In order to substantiate your benefit request, please provide the following information for review.

Billing Statement
Itemized Store Receipt
Proof of Lower Price Found

This was for a request that was made via the website, with store receipt uploaded, and where their automated process found the lower price! You would think they would also have access to the billing statement.

Very strange process.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
How does price rewind taking into account tax vs. no tax vendors? Example, vendor A has item for $1900 with no tax. Vendor B has same item for $1800 with tax. Would I get a refund of $100 in this case?
Old May 27, 2017, 5:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The price comparison must be based only on sale price, not including taxes, shipping and handling, delivery costs, warranties or any other charges
https://www.citipricerewind.com/guide
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:21 am

Has anyone tried it with ebay?

-Brand new item on ebay, "buy it now" option (not auction)
-Price drops in the future at a major retailer

Anyone had success doing this?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Has anyone tried it with ebay?

-Brand new item on ebay, "buy it now" option (not auction)
-Price drops in the future at a major retailer

Anyone had success doing this?
"internet auction site" not eligible.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:46 am

That is not correct - you have only a partial quote. The full quote from the rules is as follows:

The lower priced item is a going-out-of-business sale item or
from an internet auction site

The question from jamesinclair involved a hypothetical situation where the higher priced item was on ebay - not the lower priced item.

Originally Posted by Troopers
"internet auction site" not eligible.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
That is not correct - you have only a partial quote. The full quote from the rules is as follows:

The question from jamesinclair involved a hypothetical situation where the higher priced item was on ebay - not the lower priced item.
Thanks, I stand corrected.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer

Yes, this is how I understand it as well.

They won't match if the lower price is on ebay, but I want to know if anyone has had success when the original purchase was on ebay and it was the "buy it now" option rather than an auction.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
...it was the "buy it now" option rather than an auction.
Would the receipt show this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.