Wiki Posts
Search

missing points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+/CP
missing points

I had 120k and booked a few award reservations. All of these reservations were cancelled, but one of them was changed a few times before cancellation. After cancelling all my reservations (weeks ahead of cancellation deadline), I only had 112k. I have emailed 10+ times and called at least 6 times. I am told I am not missing points and am often hung off up or transferred back into the queue. This is the worse customer service. It's very simple I had 120k, I cancelled everything and do not have 120k. I can't seem to find someone who is willing or able to look at a rolling balance on my account with each change that I made. I am told my account has been investigated and I'm not missing points. This is clearly incorrect.

Any thoughts on how I can get my missing points back?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Saying to Choice 'I had 120,000 points and now I have 112,000 points so you owe me 8,000 points is pretty meaningless to Choice. I cannot imagine why they would simply give you 8,000 points.

On the other hand, it is easy to log into your account and see all of your activity for the last year. You claim there were 'a few' reservations made and cancelled. You should be able to easily see and quickly figure out where your missing 8,000 points went.

Choice will be more receptive to I spent 8,000 points on hotel x on date y and you never refunded those points - or they will tell you when they refunded those points. You should be able to easily compare these charges and refunds to your email confirmations.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:41 am

This is a Choice Privileges "feature".

Canceling points bookings that were modified anytime after the initial reservation *will not* result in the points being refunded to your account. You will have to fight them to get the points refunded. Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.