Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Poor availability for Japan properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Anyone has had any issues booking award rooms in Japan? There is no blackout date and if there is room availability, there should also be room for booking?

For Tokyo hotels, no room is available even for paid stay but once you get into choice.jp all the rooms are available. Same time for award. Is this a bug?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:51 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

I recently looked into the issue you mentioned here and I did notice that there was availability at the Comfort Hotel Narita. Below is a link for that hotel's page.

Comfort Hotel Narita

Does this help?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Looking at the three Tokyo hotels. Is there a reason why the availability for the hotels are different from choice.com and choice.jp?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: M&M, BMI
It is a shame that there is zero availability in august & september....
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Choice's Japan is operated completely separately in a weird way. They have their own rewards program and their own reservation system. They only allocate very few rooms to the global reservation system.

If you go to the Japan local site that run by Japan's Choice operation, the properties are almost always available unless some major holiday or busy period. I travel to Japan frequently for work and this is the biggest pain because the site is in Japanese only...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Only Choice representatives have no idea what we are talking about... Disappointing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.