Stay two times, earn a free night promotion

Old Apr 17, 17, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum / PC Gold
Stay two times, earn a free night promotion

From time to time I travel to places where the only hotel with a points program is Choice, hence, I collect them.

With regards to the promotion Stay two times, earn a free night that runs until April 27th 2017, I was wondering if a stay the night of the 27th of April with check out on the 28th would qualify for the promo. I checked the T&C's and could not find anything about it. Your insight would be appreciated!
Old Apr 17, 17, 5:28 pm

Programs: Choice, Holiday Inn, Hampton, Marriott
I went through this exact scenario a while back - Choice told me as long as I checked in before midnight on the last day of the promotion it counted towards the bonus points. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Super Larry View Post
From time to time I travel to places where the only hotel with a points program is Choice, hence, I collect them.

With regards to the promotion Stay two times, earn a free night that runs until April 27th 2017, I was wondering if a stay the night of the 27th of April with check out on the 28th would qualify for the promo. I checked the T&C's and could not find anything about it. Your insight would be appreciated!
The answer seems pretty clear to me in both the T&C's and the FAQ's. I'm in a similar situation as you with a 2nd stay on 4/27-4/28. I can assure you that I will be raising a stink if I don't get the bonus points.

The T&C's state: (bold below added by me)
* After a second qualifying trip with arrival between 03/02/17 and 04/27/17, members will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 and maximum of 8,000 bonus points, depending on the number of base points earned from the two (2) separate qualifying trips. These bonus points will allow redemption for a future free night at the 8,000 reward night level at over 1,500 Choice hotels. A free night at most Choice Hotel locations requires more than 8,000 points. A trip is defined as a stay that is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Registration required at ChoiceHotels.com/freenight before check-out. Members must book trips via ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4CHOICE at qualifying rates. Corporate travelers may book through a corporate online booking system. Choice Privileges member number must be provided upon check-in. Trips at vacation rental property locations and stays booked with the SEGEN rate code do not qualify for promotional bonus points. To be eligible to earn the bonus, members must set their earning preference to Choice Privileges points in their online account. Any change made to earning preference will remain in effect after the promotion has ended. Allow 72 hours from check-out for points to post. You must maintain an address in the U.S. (including U.S. territories) or Canada to be eligible for this promotion. For Choice Privileges program details, eligible rates, eligible countries and point redemption rules, visit ChoicePrivileges.com. Hotels are independently owned and operated.

The FAQ's also state: (bold below added by me)
2. What are the dates of this promotion?
Check in between March 2 and April 27 to earn.
Old May 1, 17, 3:10 pm

Data Point

I got my bonus points as a result of my 4/27 stay, so I'm pleased that their system worked as expected.
Old May 2, 17, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Choice Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Dadofsix View Post
I got my bonus points as a result of my 4/27 stay, so I'm pleased that their system worked as expected.
No problems there ever on their end for me. My second stay bonus points posted along with the points fro that stay 2 days after checkout. Very quic indeed.

Search this Thread