Community
Wiki Posts
Search

points purchased from daily getaway

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:37 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by buddyle
Hello Taylor, I have been waiting and trying to book some hotels in Tokyo, Japan. Several of the hotels are not able to be book even though it is within the 100 days. It still show "sold out". Dates I'm looking at are Sept 15-21. Can you see if there is still a glitch? Thanks
Inventory should be up to date and available for booking. Thanks for getting in touch to let us know your experience so far. This concerns us too, so we hope to help you get this sorted out. I went over to ChoiceHotels.com to view availability for that weekend. Some results came back. We are curious to know how many people are traveling with you, along with the number of rooms required. Please feel free to send us a private message with these details. We'll be on the lookout for your message. Talk soon! *Julio
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:51 am

A significant number of hotels in Scandinavia & Japan are still blocking *all* award availability. For example in Tokyo 4/6 Choice hotels are blocking all award availability (1 guest, 1 night, any night in 100 day award booking window = zero availability).

Are these hotels still part of the Choice Privileges program?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mster
A significant number of hotels in Scandinavia & Japan are still blocking *all* award availability. For example in Tokyo 4/6 Choice hotels are blocking all award availability (1 guest, 1 night, any night in 100 day award booking window = zero availability).

Wow. Have you called Choice to complain? I guess it's possible it could be a website glitch. Otherwise, they should at least offer you an explanation. I've been finding some good values overseas with my points this year (Europe and Australia) but we all know that it's kind of random with Choice.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:06 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by mster

This issue with hotel availability sounds a little out of the ordinary. Thank you for reaching out to report this occurrence. As a valued member, I can understand you were anticipating a smoother booking process. My team and I would like an opportunity to research this further. To continue doing so, would you send us a message with your member number and specifications for the rooms you would like to book? My team and I will be looking out for those messages. *Julio
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:04 pm

I noticed there was a daily giveaway in 5/19. Does any one know how often it comes out during the year?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
That would be once a year if many multiple years are any indication.
sanmandude likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:28 am

Are there any other hotel rewards programs with average hotel night rates < $100 whose points are available for purchase through Daily Giveaway or something similar? Any pointers in that direction will be appreciated?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sanmandude
Are there any other hotel rewards programs with average hotel night rates < $100 whose points are available for purchase through Daily Giveaway or something similar? Any pointers in that direction will be appreciated?
IHG points, redeemed for stays at certain Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Candlewood Suites properties, can provide excellent value -- especially when you can buy points at 0.5¢ each -- either through Daily Getaways, or when IHG itself runs one of its periodic 100% bonus offers on point purchases.

And if an IHG property you are interested in happens to show up on IHG's PointBreaks list -- which changes every two or three months -- you can sometimes get exceptional value.
sanmandude likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
IHG points, redeemed for stays at certain Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Candlewood Suites properties, can provide excellent value -- especially when you can buy points at 0.5¢ each -- either through Daily Getaways, or when IHG itself runs one of its periodic 100% bonus offers on point purchases.

And if an IHG property you are interested in happens to show up on IHG's PointBreaks list -- which changes every two or three months -- you can sometimes get exceptional value.
Thank You. I will explore it further. After I posted, I saw that US Travel had a promotion for BW Hotels in 5/19. But, it seems like their minimum redemption rate now is 20K points except for the 10K redemption promotion they had in the winter. Unfortunately, Friday & Saturday night stays were excluded in the promotion. So, not much useful for me.

I could not find anything for Wyndham in the forum. I checked posts up to 9/18.

Do you know by any chance what is the average point value when Choice runs it's bonus points offers? I have had emails from them in the past but never looked into it. I am slowly getting myself to learn more about these things, as time permits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.