Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Change of airports in Shanghai - luggage checked to final destination?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change of airports in Shanghai - luggage checked to final destination?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tauphi
So it's something similar to Hong Kong's In-Town Check-in service. The check-in at SHA closes 4 hours before the PVG flight departs.
There used to be (and maybe it still exists, for all I know) a city airport terminal with an in-town check-in counter in one of those retail buildings on the north side of NJ Rd near JA Temple, but it was pretty much just a bus waiting area and I never saw the counters (even the position that's soul purpose was selling bus tickets) staffed. The waiting area concept wasn't really well thought through because there is no better place to wait for the bus than on the bus.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by moondog
There used to be (and maybe it still exists, for all I know) a city airport terminal with an in-town check-in counter in one of those retail buildings on the north side of NJ Rd near JA Temple, but it was pretty much just a bus waiting area and I never saw the counters (even the position that's soul purpose was selling bus tickets) staffed. The waiting area concept wasn't really well thought through because there is no better place to wait for the bus than on the bus.
The one by Jing'an Temple no longer exists, but I understand there is one in Suzhou for specific (mostly Chinese) airlines.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:00 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by navarre007
The one by Jing'an Temple no longer exists, but I understand there is one in Suzhou for specific (mostly Chinese) airlines.
Did the Suzhou City Check-in re-open after covid?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by uanj
Did the Suzhou City Check-in re-open after covid?
Looks like they created a new one in 2023, and as of 2024 it now supports all Chine Eastern (and FM) flights out of SHA/PVG:

???????????????????-?????
uanj and narvik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.