Wiki Posts
Search

PEK (T-3E) Air China Lounge improved!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
PEK (T-3E) Air China Lounge improved!

In what seems like never; i.e. 2008, they finally made some updates to the PEK Air China Business Class lounge in T3-E.

Nothing major, but all the chairs in the dining areas are brand new.

The food offerings are better also. Quite a bit better than what it's been like for the last 15 or so years. Noteworthy for sure, although it didn't take too much to improve, as it was pretty bad before.

Booze still terrible: couple of cheap-as canned beers, horrible Great Wall wines, and the only hard liquor still being only Red Label (they had 3 or 4 choices pre-Covid, incl. Bacardi).

Last edited by narvik; Mar 15, 2024 at 1:47 am
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd still rather go to KFC.
narvik, moondog and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Lols. I give them props though: at least they seem to be trying. It had been stagnant for over a decade.
uanj and Cryofern like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:42 am

Programs: FB Gold
I used it at the end of December and thought it was decent. CI uses CA staff and lounge for their operations at PEK T3. I thought it was nice, I liked the views of the tarmac, it was relatively quiet, and the food was fine.

Whenever I go to Asia, I don't expect any good alcohol anywhere, restaurant, on the plane, hotels, or in the lounge. It's just not in their culture. I grudgingly leave that behind in Europe for the time period I am there (along with café, chocolates, pâtisseries, charcuterie, cheese.....)
YuropFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Long live Kenny Rogers Roasters.
uanj likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Does the lounge allow *G in Y?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eng3
Does the lounge allow *G in Y?
I believe so, yes. (As long as you have a *A boarding pass.)

Priority Pass allows access to both, FIRST and BUSINESS CLASS lounges, although they're both pretty much identical but mirrored (same food, same booze), so there's not much advantage to the First Class lounge, unless the Business class lounge would be crowded, which I haven't seen since 2019.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:02 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The international lounges are identical, except the F/Biz class lounge (non *G) is emptier. You can also get into that one using PP.

The domestic lounges - *G has better food than biz lounge.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by narvik
I believe so, yes. (As long as you have a *A boarding pass.)

Priority Pass allows access to both, FIRST and BUSINESS CLASS lounges, although they're both pretty much identical but mirrored (same food, same booze), so there's not much advantage to the First Class lounge, unless the Business class lounge would be crowded, which I haven't seen since 2019.
Originally Posted by Palal
The international lounges are identical, except the F/Biz class lounge (non *G) is emptier. You can also get into that one using PP.

I guess i should clarify that this is for travel back to the US on UA. *G in Y also has PP
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:46 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
echo this

Yes, echo this, except the T3 International Star A has that 'stupid' kiosk for the airport wifi that needs your passport. But the bar is open in AM for bloody Mary's.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Jiatong
Yes, echo this, except the T3 International Star A has that 'stupid' kiosk for the airport wifi that needs your passport. But the bar is open in AM for bloody Mary's.
So it is a little confusing.
I think the UA flight goes out of 3E. 3C is the central area? Is this area prior to passport control? does one pass through 3C to get to 3E?
On PP, I see Air china First and Air China Biz lounge in 3E. Two separate lounges. Then I see one in 3C called Air China First and Biz. One lounge.
Which is *G?
Which has the best food?

Last edited by eng3; Mar 12, 2024 at 10:31 am
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eng3
So it is a little confusing.
I think the UA flight goes out of 3E. 3C is the central area? Is this area prior to passport control? does one pass through 3C to get to 3E?
On PP, I see Air china First and Air China Biz lounge in 3E. Two separate lounges. Then I see one in 3C called Air China First and Biz. One lounge.
Which is *G?
Which has the best food?
You don't access T3-C, and the APM (train) won't allow you to get out at T3-D.

You WILL have access to T3-E Business and/or First class lounges. Food has improved somewhat (see OP). Both have the exact same food offerings.

Also: with PriorityPass you have access to a free 30 minute massage either before security (main terminal) and also in T3-E.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by narvik
You don't access T3-C, and the APM (train) won't allow you to get out at T3-D.

You WILL have access to T3-E Business and/or First class lounges. Food has improved somewhat (see OP). Both have the exact same food offerings.

Also: with PriorityPass you have access to a free 30 minute massage either before security (main terminal) and also in T3-E.
I see. Is the business lounge also a *G lounge? Trying to clarify which lounge is accessible with *G in Y. I assume it doesnt come with the massage
Sometimes I get yelled at for trying to use PP when I already have *G access for some reason.
Is the massage in the lounge or a separate place? Are you just talking about those electronic massage chairs? Note I have PP from Venture X so it's not PP "Select". Usually I can only access lounges and not relax areas or restaurants.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:10 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
With *G in Y you can access the *G lounge, not the biz lounge.
With PP or if you're in J - you can access the biz lounge

The T3E (international) lounges are the same, except for the amount of pax.

First I'm hearing about the massage. narvik can you elaborate where/how?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

With *G in Y you can access the *G lounge, not the biz lounge.
Still don't know what you mean by that.
Edit: I could have sworn I specifically mentioned T3-E in my original post; now corrected! Sorry for any confusion I may have created in this thread.
In regards to eng3 questions at least:

We are talking about the two Air China lounges in T3-E. One is Business, the other is First.
With *G and a *A flight in Y you CAN access the Air China Business lounge.
There is no separate "*G lounge".

First I'm hearing about the massage. narvik can you elaborate where/how?
It's a PriorityPass benefit.
T3 has three locations, one is landside, one is airside in T3-C, the other is airside T3-E. The airside T3-E location is in one of those small 'pop-up' locations in the middle of the two sides of the gates.
Usually hardly anyone there, so shouldn't be too difficult to get in without a wait.

Here's the link for the airside T3-E location:

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...s-comfort-zone

Last edited by narvik; Mar 15, 2024 at 2:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.