Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

19-hour layover at Shanghai Pudong International Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19-hour layover at Shanghai Pudong International Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:49 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by moondog
It's about 600 meters west of the Haitian #3 Rd subway station. It also has a shuttle to/from the airport.
There's a convinent shuttle for free.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PES_B1
There's a convinent shuttle for free.
How do you book it from the airport? Where are the pickup points?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 4:00 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by moondog
How do you book it from the airport? Where are the pickup points?
moondog, lsquare and narvik like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:41 am

Just came across this thread with interest, I’ve got a 16 hour layover in April, Bangkok to London via Pudong. Arriving 10pm in the evening until early afternoon the next day.

A bit daunting but I’ve done similar ones another airports where there’s also not been much to do.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Jamesc1976
Just came across this thread with interest, I’ve got a 16 hour layover in April, Bangkok to London via Pudong. Arriving 10pm in the evening until early afternoon the next day.

A bit daunting but I’ve done similar ones another airports where there’s also not been much to do.
While I obviously can't compare with the other airports in which you've slept (until you mention them, at least), in the case of PVG, leaving (and returning) is a simple process.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:16 am

Ok it’s worth knowing that’s it’s feasible to leave, I’ll have to look into that, although I don’t particularly want to get a hotel as then I might as well have just bought a more expensive ticket.

other long layovers last year: Abu Dhabi and either Riyadh or Jeddah, can’t remember which Saudi one it was as I flew via one on the way there and there other on the way back. I think it was Riyadh though.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:36 am

Ah, I instinctively thought of KSA when you mentioned other airports. Shanghai is quite a bit more inviting than RUH, JED, and even AUH. I understand the logic of not wanting to spend money on a hotel since you could have booked a better connection in the first place, but now that you're locked in, that calculus is water under the bridge and now you're confronted with a choice between $50 to enjoy yourself a bit and sleep in a bed v self-imposed misery. In your case, I'd be inclined to head into the city instead of hanging around near the airport. You could theoretically do it without a hotel (e.g. find a 24-hour spa instead).
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Jamesc1976
I've stayed at the Da Zhong Airport Hotel in a similar situation to yours. Walking distance, not too expensive, and a much better experience than staying in the airport, IMO.
Your timing is 'ideal' for an airport hotel stay.

~USD 70.00:
https://us.trip.com/hotels/detail/?hotelId=432298
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Last edited by narvik; Mar 18, 2024 at 4:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.