Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Urgent, passport validity for 24h transit (Air China)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Good morning all, my apologies if this has been asked, I'm a little short on time to check. I'll be flying to London to Tokyo with Air China this evening, and my passport will have exactly 3 months (I know, what a dodo) on the day I arrive in Beijing for layover. Might Air China allow this? I've read 3 months/6 Months, which is very conflicting. Thank you so much x
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by corgri
Good morning all, my apologies if this has been asked, I'm a little short on time to check. I'll be flying to London to Tokyo with Air China this evening, and my passport will have exactly 3 months (I know, what a dodo) on the day I arrive in Beijing for layover. Might Air China allow this? I've read 3 months/6 Months, which is very conflicting. Thank you so much x

Not sure what this means: "I'll be flying to London to Tokyo with Air China".
Is this London - Beijing - Tokyo, all with CA?

Are you leaving the airport in Beijing?

For a TWOV I understood it to be: Passport should be valid for at least 3 months.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Where did you read "6 months"?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:38 am
Original Poster

My apologies, From London to Tokyo via Beijing, layover 3 hours (Returning on 25th March same route). Planning on not leaving the airport.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:42 am
Original Poster

6 months almost everywhere on the internet, I had to dig deep to find the 3 month version.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:01 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
China requires passport with at least 3 months validity for 72/144 hour transit without visa, I assume it will be the same for 24 hour transit. You will also need to satisfy entrance requirement to Japan. If your flight is this evening, what can you really do other than going to the airport early so you have time to change your connection to a shorter one if needed? It's not like you can get a new passport by then.

https://en.nia.gov.cn/n162/n227/c116266/content.html
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

6 months almost everywhere on the internet, I had to dig deep to find the 3 month version.

Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC
My apologies, From London to Tokyo via Beijing, layover 3 hours (Returning on 25th March same route). Planning on not leaving the airport.
​​​​​​
if you're not leaving the airport and are just doing airside transit China's immigration policies do not come into play. Only those of your destination, Japan.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much, fingers crossed that's the airline's policy too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.