Reload this Page >

Ten year tourist and business visa - effective 12 Nov 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ten year tourist and business visa - effective 12 Nov 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:51 am

The US raised visa fees to $160 in September, 2014, so it's reasonable to suspect the Chinese will on the basis of reciprocity be raising visa fees for Americans soon as well.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:32 pm
Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: UA AA CO
Chinese business, leisure visitors to US surge 68pc thanks to 10-year permit

Wonder if China visas to US citizens increased at all?

B1 business and B2 tourist visas issued to Chinese citizens jumped in December and January to 351,650, up from 209,100 in the same period a year ago

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/artic...-year-us-visas
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Originally Posted by jb9656
I have a few questions and points.

Has anyone received a S2 visa? Did you get 90 days? Which embassy did you use?

How long is really needed to be left on your passport. I have read 12 months most recently but I have also read as high as 14 and as low as 8.

Has anyone heard of a 10 year visa being issued at a consulate other than the US and Hong Kong? I have a vacation coming up and I would really really like to be able to get this visa in Thailand. My guess is that they will not give it but I would like to hear from anyone who has tried.

If I get a new passport will China know that I have had multiple chinese visas before. I've heard people say a new passport is like a new person before in regards to getting rejected for a tourist visa for having too many tourist visas.

Anyone want to give me some advise for my situation? I have about a year and a week left on my passport. I am in Shenzhen now and will fly to Bangkok for a month vacation. I'm on a S2 visa 90 day stays that expires end of feb. Problem is i didn't think about this when booking my ticket and I have a return ticket to Shenzhen that is for early march. If I go back before my visa expires I get an extra 90 days I just can't leave. But if I can get 10 years who cares about throwing away 90 days.
Just a data point.

I had an S2 issued to me previously from Singapore without being a Singapore resident at the time. Though this was not a 10-year visa because the policy hadn't existed. Though when I went to renew my visa two months ago, I was told that all the S2 Visas for Americans going forward would be 90 day visas up to 180 days on special requests. So I would venture to guess that given Americans have been getting 10 year visa outside the US that you probably wouldn't have a problem getting one outside either.

I would just pop over to HK to ask and if possible take action there assuming you have the supporting documents.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:46 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
I found out about this new arrangement around two months ago and I'm now seriously considering getting a third Chinese visa, but this time in my U.S. (and not my Philippine) passport. I hope those two previous Chinese visas in my Philippine passport (one single-entry M, one double-entry L) will actually mean something towards getting that coveted ten-year visa!

Still torn though on whether I should get the visa in Manila (where my two visas were issued) or Singapore, where I'm currently working. I do know though that the Chinese Embassy in Manila now issues ten-year visas to Americans, since their website was updated to reflect that fact.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Question solved.

Last edited by YoungSoloTraveler; Feb 24, 2015 at 5:40 am
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:56 am
qpr

Just heard on CCTV today that China and Canada also signed an agreement about a 10 years visa.

I have no further informations about that just the short notice on CCTV.

Maybe someone has more news?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by qpr
Just heard on CCTV today that China and Canada also signed an agreement about a 10 years visa.

I have no further informations about that just the short notice on CCTV.

Maybe someone has more news?
Effective tomorrow. Too bad I just got my visa last week.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
The 10 year visa will also be available to Canadians!

Some info here:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle23353672/
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
As another data point, pulled a 10 years/90 days M from Chicago consulate last week. Didn't use an agent. The 60 days thing is definitely not a hard and fast rule.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I'm in a bit of an interesting situation,

Currently in the UK, I have dual UK/US citizenship. I'm going to the embassy in London on Thursday to apply for a 10-year visa on my US passport.

I've just thought that theres a chance that because I have no entry/exit stamps into the UK on my US passport, they may refuse the Chinese visa on my US passport?

Anyone have any insight into this? Cheers!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:15 am

If they follow standard procedure they will want to see proof of your legal presence in the UK, so take your UK passport and a photocopy of the data page along. Have no idea if the dual citizenship will be an issue in practice, though in theory it should not be.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Data point from Canadian living in Hong Kong

I am a Canadian living in Hong Kong.

I tried to use an agent today to get the 10 year visa (China Travel Service) but was informed by them that my passport needs to have >10 years remaining to do this. I'm not sure how many countries issue passports valid for more than 10 years.

After doing a bit more research, for Canadians, the visa cannot be issued with an expiry that is after the passport expires. Not sure why this is but that is the deal.

Went to the China "consulate" (Commissioner's Office of China's Foreign Ministry in HK) to apply on my own. Was granted a three year visa. My passport expires April 2019.

Not the 10 year I was hoping to get but better than the 6 month ones I could get here before. (In Vancouver I could get 1 year).
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:55 pm

Thanks DieselYVR - interesting information. Since Canadian passports have a max duration of 10 years, it means then that the visa is up to 10 years.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Here is a link to the Chinese consulate in Vancouver and text from the announcement.

I was hoping for a 4 year visa as I still have just over 4 years left on the passport. I'm not sure if they are issued in specific multiples (1, 3,5,8,10?) or if there must be >1 year on the passport after the visa expiry.

I only got a five year passport last year as I usually burn through the pages in 2 years anyway. Maybe I will get a 10 year one next time to get the longer Chinese visa. I've always been able to use the valid visa in a cancelled passport.

http://vancouver.china-consulate.org...s/t1243629.htm

[I]According to the arrangement, effective from March 9, 2015, the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Vancouver will issue the Canadian applicants multi-entry L, M, Q2 and S2 visasvalid for up to 10 years while not exceeding the validity of the passport.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DieselYVR
Here is a link to the Chinese consulate in Vancouver and text from the announcement.

I was hoping for a 4 year visa as I still have just over 4 years left on the passport. I'm not sure if they are issued in specific multiples (1, 3,5,8,10?) or if there must be >1 year on the passport after the visa expiry.

I only got a five year passport last year as I usually burn through the pages in 2 years anyway. Maybe I will get a 10 year one next time to get the longer Chinese visa. I've always been able to use the valid visa in a cancelled passport.

http://vancouver.china-consulate.org...s/t1243629.htm

[I]According to the arrangement, effective from March 9, 2015, the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Vancouver will issue the Canadian applicants multi-entry L, M, Q2 and S2 visasvalid for up to 10 years while not exceeding the validity of the passport.
Interesting as the US arrangement will gladly go over the validity of your passport. Wonder why they did it that way...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.