Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ten year tourist and business visa - effective 12 Nov 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Also, does that mean they required your DL, when you were standing at the window?
You know what? I want to say "no" but can't be sure if I had to show my own DL any more even though it only happened last month! May be I will come back to update this when I re-apply in TEN-YEAR. LOL!

Last edited by lax2010; Apr 29, 2015 at 9:14 am
Old May 20, 2015, 1:26 am

Can I drop off the visa application for both myself and my partner at the same time at the Chinese Consulate in LA?

Can I pick up the passports w/ visa for both myself and my partner at the same time at the Chinese Consulate in LA?

I am hoping that only one of us has to endure the process.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Colin
Can I drop off the visa application for both myself and my partner at the same time at the Chinese Consulate in LA?

Can I pick up the passports w/ visa for both myself and my partner at the same time at the Chinese Consulate in LA?

Sure. That's the way visa services operate.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sure. The no-mail-service is simply a tit-for-tat due to the fact that there is generally no mail service for US visas. For US visas there's an actual reason: an interview.
Old May 20, 2015, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

You might need something signed and with a copy of an ID that authorizes you to deposit and especially pick up the documents for someone else. IIRC some of the visa service agencies ask you to sign a form for them to this effect.
Old May 20, 2015, 4:33 pm
Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You might need something signed and with a copy of an ID that authorizes you to deposit and especially pick up the documents for someone else. IIRC some of the visa service agencies ask you to sign a form for them to this effect.
Pretty sure LA requires a copy of the ID of those not applying in person when
submitting their application. The original receipt is required for pickup, not sure about a document authorizing a third party pickup required.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:32 am

Long time member here without posting for a while until now.

Is approval for the 10 year visa at the Tokyo-based Chinese consulate possible if I'm a US citizen?

I was working in China for 2 years (Z visa > work permit) up the end of last year. Prior to working in China I obtained several L-visas without issue. I've been living and working in Tokyo for several months now.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 7:23 pm

Just wanted to share that I applied in person on my wife's behalf for an L visa at the embassy in DC. She has never been to China before, and she got a 10-year visa. All we did was write that we wanted a 10-year multiple entry visa in the "Other" field under the Visa Type section of the application.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:25 am

The Australian government announced that they will be offering 10-year visas to Chinese. I guess reciprocity is not far behind.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by JPDM
The Australian government announced that they will be offering 10-year visas to Chinese. I guess reciprocity is not far behind.
Interesting, I noticed that too yesterday. I spent over an hour searching a dozen websites (China Embassy, Australian Foreign Affairs, Tourism Australia)... no where is reciprocity mentioned. Going back a few months Australia was looking at introducing 3-year visas anyway... and again no mention it will be available both way.

But those sources do mention 10-year visas for something like 'select' Chinese nationals. No idea what the criteria will be.

Will have to see how this plays out.

Also on the cards is 5000 annual 'working holiday' visas for Chinese citizens.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by scwam
Long time member here without posting for a while until now.

Is approval for the 10 year visa at the Tokyo-based Chinese consulate possible if I'm a US citizen?

I was working in China for 2 years (Z visa > work permit) up the end of last year. Prior to working in China I obtained several L-visas without issue. I've been living and working in Tokyo for several months now.
A very tardy answer, not sure if it will still help or if you've already found a solution.

I've heard no reliable reports on whether the Chinese Embassy in Tokyo will provide US citizens living/working in Japan, the new 10-year variety of tourist visa. They are definitely being given in HK to US citizens, including those not even resident in Hong Kong. I believe I have heard of a report of one being given out to a US (nonresident) applying in 2015 in Hanoi. Other than that, just not a lot of data points yet. It's certainly worth a try to ask, and if they say no or just look blank, you'll have to make a decision on whether to just get a short-term visa in Japan, or send your passport/application back to the US to a family member or agent for processing in the USA for the 10-year. The presence of previous Chinese visas in your passport shouldn't matter one way or another, but in any case, wouldn't hurt.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Never been asked for a DL or proof of address and I've applied for the last 9 years.
I just applied for visa via my regular company TA. I have done this many times in past 20 yrs but recently China has tighten up. You now also need:

1 proof of identity - yes a DL
2 proof of health insurance
3 hotel booking
4 eticket
5 copy of most recent visa from China, or if missing, either birth certificate and/ naturalization certificate if not born stateside

My wife's TA asked for same...Wow!
The good news of course is this happens only every 10 yrs
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:43 pm

travel agent visa service

Has anyone had any experience with China Travel Service (in Alhambra, Calif.) - I believe it's related to the one in HK - which many people use for visas there.

www.chinatravelservice.com
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by jiejie
A very tardy answer, not sure if it will still help or if you've already found a solution........
Thanks. I think I will have to apply in Tokyo. If I send it back to the states I'm sure the consulate will see the exit stamp is missing from Japan. Plus no entry stamp into the US (despite being told by US customs they don't have to put the entry stamp if I request it). Not sure what others are putting for Local ID on the application, but I don't have my US driver's license anymore.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Got my 10 year multi-entry Q2 Chinese Visa,

I live in the Bay Area and just got my 10 year multi-entry Q2 Chinese Visa via
China Visa Service Center (in San Francisco), http://www.mychinavisa.com/,

The visa is 120 day stay per entry (Q2)-

I provided my Original U.S. Passport and Chinese Passport, as well as Original Invitation Letter and copy of Chinese State I.D. Card.

While not asked, I also provided copy of my California Drivers License and copy of Naturalization Certificate (just in case).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.