Best Brunch & Restaurant in Beijing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, AC Elite, AMEX PLAT, Leaders Club, I prefer, Ambassador Gold, The Club of SLH, Hyatt Gold

Will be in Beijing for a visit in Sept.
Can anyone give me some input regarding

- The best Hotel Brunch in Beijing ?
Peninsula / Ritz Carlton (2) / China World / St Regis / Shangri-la /
JW Marriot / Park Hyatt / Grand Hyatt / Fairmont / Regent / Raffles /

- Best Restaurant for Peking Duck ?
Duck de Chine or Da Dong ? or any others ?

- Any Restaurants with a view / Ambience ?

Thank you
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
For best hotel brunch, the Kerry Center , or the JW if on the east side, If on the west then the Shangri-la is great with a garden view. Avoid the busy CBD Hyatt's...

no oponion on the duck options. I like Jasmine, www.beijingjasmine.com

Some of the other threads on this forum have good BJ restaurant comments
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jiatong
For best hotel brunch, the Kerry Center , or the JW if on the east side, If on the west then the Shangri-la is great with a garden view. Avoid the busy CBD Hyatt's...
Hotel brunches tend rise and fall in cycles (e.g. the last time I did a Kerry Centre brunch, it was really bad, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was good now). I also like to take cost into account. Accordingly, as long as the Fulicheng Renaissance is 2for1, it will be my top pick. This is how the Shanghai Westin brunch rose to popularity ($20 pp during the early years), by the way.

OP: As noted, you should check out some of the other threads on BJ restaurants; we've covered most of the low hanging fruits pretty well.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:01 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Originally Posted by moondog
Hotel brunches tend rise and fall in cycles (e.g. the last time I did a Kerry Centre brunch, it was really bad, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was good now). I also like to take cost into account. Accordingly, as long as the Fulicheng Renaissance is 2for1, it will be my top pick. This is how the Shanghai Westin brunch rose to popularity ($20 pp during the early years), by the way.

OP: As noted, you should check out some of the other threads on BJ restaurants; we've covered most of the low hanging fruits pretty well.
Moondog, the Op posted in another thread and I pointed him here after making a similar recommendation.

OP - opinions on duck differ here (try a search). I don't think you will go wrong with Duck de Chine, Da Dong or Liqun. The former is the most glamorous/exclusive/upscale, the middle was hands down the best 3-4 years ago but also has some interesting other dishes (think modern/haute Chinese) and Liqun is the most run down/authentic (atmosphere wise) of the places and is in a great Hutong area. In other words, great for an after meal walk or pre meal walk. All make fine ducks, but I'm no conossiuer (sp).

When in Beijing also look at the huge variety of other Chinese food available. Sichuan, Hunan, Xinjiang etc.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, AC Elite, AMEX PLAT, Leaders Club, I prefer, Ambassador Gold, The Club of SLH, Hyatt Gold
Thank You all (Jiatong, Moondong & Jamoldo) for the post / info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.