Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Wants to Know Where I'm Going

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2007, 1:17 pm

The job of the TSA and CATSA is to screen people for items that might prove to be dangerous in/to an airplane. As far as I am concerned, they have no need to know where I am going because, frankly, it is none of their d**m business. The airline knows my destination as does Customs, if I am leaving the country.

In fact, I recently found out that CATSA is not even allowed to touch a person's passport -- although, a lot of them ask for it anyway. Perhaps after a recent incident this past June in Toronto, they will finally stop doing so...

http://www.tiny.cc/F0PSA

"According to regulations, screening officers may only handle a passenger's boarding card and should not manipulate a passport, Ms. Tabunar said. While officers are allowed to scan a passport for concealed weapons, they should immediately return the document to the passenger."
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:33 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Mr. Fono received a $648 cheque from CATSA to compensate for money spent on a new ticket and passport.

Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:19 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Tealady
The job of the TSA and CATSA is to screen people for items that might prove to be dangerous in/to an airplane. As far as I am concerned, they have no need to know where I am going because, frankly, it is none of their d**m business. The airline knows my destination as does Customs, if I am leaving the country.

In fact, I recently found out that CATSA is not even allowed to touch a person's passport -- although, a lot of them ask for it anyway. Perhaps after a recent incident this past June in Toronto, they will finally stop doing so...

http://www.tiny.cc/F0PSA

"According to regulations, screening officers may only handle a passenger's boarding card and should not manipulate a passport, Ms. Tabunar said. While officers are allowed to scan a passport for concealed weapons, they should immediately return the document to the passenger."
emphasis mine: so if the screening officer dind't find the concealed bazooka in the passport, what happened to the passport?
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by goalie
emphasis mine: so if the screening officer dind't find the concealed bazooka in the passport, what happened to the passport?
Yeah, I guess they're looking for those dreaded nano-bazookas that slip right into a passport...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.