Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchase an offensive weapon airside!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by mcjava
I don't' think SPIFF is advocating machetes on airplanes. He is only, for the umpteenth time, pointing out that guns are sufficiently powerful enough to not only overpower passengers but also get into the cockpit. A knife is only powerful enough to hurt or kill a couple passengers before the terrorist is overwhelmed by other passengers.

WHich did not happen on 9/11 because everyone did what the terrorists told them to do, as they had been trained to do.

Actually, I doubt if a terrorist could even succeed in getting to the cockpit with a gun. He might be able to succeed in downing the plane, but where's the drama in that, after 9/11? While TSA is dinking around, some terrorist is working very hard to find something to rival the impact of 9/11, and who here believes that involves trying to take over commercial aircraft again?
I won't follow the tangents, so back to the point:

The TSA bashing is just as ridiculous as the TSA rules in a lot of cases. Is it ridiculous for the TSA to confiscate my nail clippers? YES, but it is an equally ridiculous notion that the ban on edged weapons the size of machetes is pointless.

The TSA bashing sounds sillier than the TSA rules to me many times.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff
"Not allowed" = Honor System. Like I said, the x-ray cannot distinguish 80 proof from 190-200 proof.

Rubbing alcohol is Isopropanol and is usually 140 proof, which is the posted limit.
But there is plenty of 182 proof stuff out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.