Wiki Posts
Search

Predictions For TSA Response to MH370

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What physical, direct evidence is there that the pilot of this flight willfully chose to crash the MH plane and did so? It seems like the current answer to that question is as follows: none.
But why let facts get in the way of fun stories
Old Apr 5, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What physical, direct evidence is there that the pilot of this flight willfully chose to crash the MH plane and did so? It seems like the current answer to that question is as follows: none.
The physical evidence is that the plane was known to be in the southern Indian Ocean, far from its destination. The plane didn't fly there without someone directing it there.

Given cockpit door security, assuming no lapses on the part of the pilots, the most likely explanation is a pilot crashed it. As I wrote, a lapse in security was possible, in which case the pilots still get blame even if they didn't crash it. But I have doubts the pax would have allowed a non-crew hijacker into the cockpit.

When you hear hoof beats, don't think zebras.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by mre5765
The physical evidence is that the plane was known to be in the southern Indian Ocean, far from its destination. The plane didn't fly there without someone directing it there.

Given cockpit door security, assuming no lapses on the part of the pilots, the most likely explanation is a pilot crashed it. As I wrote, a lapse in security was possible, in which case the pilots still get blame even if they didn't crash it. But I have doubts the pax would have allowed a non-crew hijacker into the cockpit.

Catastrophic malfunction is still a very plausible explanation. I choose that, given no evidence to the contrary.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Given cockpit door security? You've got to be kidding me that cockpit door security is to be considered physical evidence of the pilot willfully crashing the plane. Even absent physical evidence, it seems there is intent above to blame the pilot for crashing the plane.

Last I heard lots of hoof beats from multiple animals at the same time, it was last year and it was zebras in Scandinavia. I'm not kidding -- in Denmark, during vacation when some clown driver did something and scared them my way, with my car window open.

When I see horses, I'll be more certain it's horses and not zebras.

When I see zebras, I'll be more certain it's zebras and not horses.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
There is strong evidence is an MH370 pilot,hijacked and crashed the plane. Even if it was a hiajcker who started from outside the cockpit, nonetheless it still points to the same issue: cockpit security.
Since you haven't responded, I'll ask again: Exactly what is the "strong evidence" that one of the pilots hijacked and/or deliberately crashed the plane? Aside from "Well, that's the only way it COULD have happened!" or "There is no other LOGICAL explanation!" or "Fine, then YOU tell me how it happened if it didn't happen the way I imagine it!" that is.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:28 pm

Just to nudge this back on-topic, CPB disclosed on Friday that they're checking passports on outgoing manifests against the Interpol lost/stolen list: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia...urity-measure/
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by chucko
Just to nudge this back on-topic, CPB disclosed on Friday that they're checking passports on outgoing manifests against the Interpol lost/stolen list: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia...urity-measure/
Whoopdy doo. Stolen passports don't take planes down. The whole subject is a red herring. Real, non theater type security doesn't rely on documents to keep anybody safe.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
Whoopdy doo. Stolen passports don't take planes down. The whole subject is a red herring. Real, non theater type security doesn't rely on documents to keep anybody safe.
Though a CNN program a week or so ago had people claim to be scared of flying because of all the stolen passports.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:24 am

There is strong evidence is an MH370 pilot,hijacked and crashed the plane. Even if it was a hiajcker who started from outside the cockpit, nonetheless it still points to the same issue: cockpit security.
Since you STILL haven't responded, I'll ask again: Exactly what is the "strong evidence" that one of the pilots hijacked and/or deliberately crashed the plane? Aside from "Well, that's the only way it COULD have happened!" or "There is no other LOGICAL explanation!" or "Fine, then YOU tell me how it happened if it didn't happen the way I imagine it!" that is.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:57 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by WillCAD
Since you STILL haven't responded, I'll ask again: Exactly what is the "strong evidence" that one of the pilots hijacked and/or deliberately crashed the plane? Aside from "Well, that's the only way it COULD have happened!" or "There is no other LOGICAL explanation!" or "Fine, then YOU tell me how it happened if it didn't happen the way I imagine it!" that is.
Monkeys could have flown out of Pissant's butt and crashed the plane. That's also an explanation. Not a very logical one, but it is an explanation.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:22 am

I must say, the amount of tinfoil-hat paranoia in the comments on all of the USA Today stories about the search for this plane is astounding.

Much like one or two folks in this thread, there seems to be a segment of the population who absolutely KNOW, with 100% certainty, exactly what happened to this plane, that it was hijacked, has been safely landed on land somewhere, and is currently being outfitted for a 9/11 style attack on the United States, probably with a dirty bomb aboard.

I just wonder if the voices in these peoples' heads speak with Jack Bauer's voice, or Jethro Gibbs, or the guy from Intelligence. Maybe they're all in there with Elvis and Carl Sagan.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by Spiff
Monkeys could have flown out of Pissant's butt and crashed the plane. That's also an explanation. Not a very logical one, but it is an explanation.
I'd gladly support this theory if it means Pissy gets a colonscopy by TSA "employees" at the checkpoint to search for flying monkeys every time he goes to the airport, for the rest of his life. @:-)
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:53 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
Correct.

I'd say go for it if it means no other knee-jerk reactions, but of course this won't be the limit of stupid responses.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Himeno
Though a CNN program a week or so ago had people claim to be scared of flying because of all the stolen passports.
Interpol's big man is sort of disappointed that the Iranians identified as flying on stolen passports weren't identified as terrorists.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:00 pm

ELTs?

So the latest thing that CNN has found to make a fuss about is that none of the four (apparently) ELTs was activated. Anyone have a studied opinion about whether that is actually surprising or not, or what it might mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.