Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget battle - TSA fees may increase

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
Charging more for a connecting flight than a non-stop is already an abuse and unjustifiable greed, since almost no connecting passenger goes through a checkpoint at the connecting city.

A quick turn MR where you only go through one checkpoint in a day and get charged for four is just insane.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nerd
(Fixed the link)

The YR 397.20 "fee" is a fuel surcharge. (Some airlines think the price of a plane ticket doesn't include the cost of the fuel to fly the plane.)
Most of them do.
CX/AC/UA/JL/NH/LX/LH/CA/MU/SQ/MH/QF/TG/BA/IB/AA/KL/AF/KE/OZ/PR charge similar on most revenue tickets.
(YQYR.)
(and some, wrongfully IMO, on award tickets.)
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Well, if the vote in the Senate goes like it did the House today get ready for more TSA waste.
The more money given to the TSA, the more money gets wasted.

If the TSA ends the boarding pass-ID cross-checking nonsense, eliminates the voodoo "security" BDO program, scraps the strip-search machine use and focuses on WEI interdiction using the WTMD and x-ray machines with some random ETDs, the TSA already has more than enough money and can downsize.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If the TSA ends the boarding pass-ID cross-checking nonsense, eliminates the voodoo "security" BDO program, scraps the strip-search machine use and focuses on WEI interdiction using the WTMD and x-ray machines with some random ETDs, the TSA already has more than enough money and can downsize.
I'd add that they'd need to completely renovate their "employment" rolls. Not a single current "employee" should be retained in the rollover.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by tank089
AY - aviation security surcharge
Used for airport screening, sky marshalls, security training
$2.50 each flight leg, $10 limit per round trip
The 4 sector charge limit is nice.

Last year, I had a JFK-BOS return, ORD-STL return, ORD-DTW return and ORD-DCA return, booked together on the same ticket as side trips for a round the world.
Had I not been able to book them all together on the one ticket, I would have had to pay $20 for the TSA tax.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The more money given to the TSA, the more money gets wasted.
Exactly my thoughts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.