Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funniest Line from a TSA Agent

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Funniest Line from a TSA Agent

I made my way though the nearly empty TSA lines at Tampa yesterday and struck up a conversation with an agent sitting next to the X-Ray monitor / screener guy. Maybe it was the storm's effect or perhaps fatigue from dealing with all the RNC delegates but this guy's humor was on overload. This was his best line -- which I think would make a dandy FT bumper sticker (quote):

"TSA -- Saving the world one water bottle at a time."

Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: DL PM
You found a TSA Agent with a sense of humor!?!?! WHAAAAAT?!?!?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by sharktums
Did you give him a JWD cert?

In before the move...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:28 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

Originally Posted by javabytes
In before the move...
Now how did you know?

The new home for this discussion is the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum, as this topic has nothing to do with Delta Air Lines or the SkyMiles frequent flier loyalty program.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta SkyMiles forum
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Moved, so that nobody ever sees it? As much negativity floats around the DL board, I thought a laugh would be a plus.

The guys was working the Sky Priority side of the checkpoint at last.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by FlynGyn
"TSA -- Saving the world one water bottle at a time."
then I guess the world isn't very safe since the TSA's success rate in detecting my water bottle or liquids over 3 oz. in my carry on is less than 50%.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Moved, so that nobody ever sees it?
A “re-direct” was provided in the Delta SkyMiles forum and will remain there for a month — so technically, this discussion gets exposure in two separate forums on FlyerTalk.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
then I guess the world isn't very safe since the TSA's success rate in detecting my water bottle or liquids over 3 oz. in my carry on is less than 50%.
I used to carry a box cutter in my bag, as I used it for work. Earlier this year, I inadvertently left it in my bag, which I carried on two TATL flights. Ever since then, I double check my bag before heading off to the airport!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
He must have still been in training.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sharktums
There have always been TSA employees with a sense of humor - like the wag that wrote:

Integrity:
We are a people of integrity who respect and care for others and protect the information we handle.
We are a people who conduct ourselves in an honest, trustworthy and ethical manner at all times.
We are a people who gain strength from the diversity in our cultures.
Innovation:
We are a people who embrace and stand ready for change.
We are a people who are courageous and willing to take on new challenges.
We are a people with an enterprising spirit, striving for innovations who accept the risk-taking that comes with it.
Team Spirit:
We are a people who are open, respectful and dedicated to making others better.
We are a people who have a passion for challenge, success and being on a winning team.
We are a people who will build teams around our strengths.
That's some seriously funny stuff right there, given the source and their actions...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:13 pm

I don't know which line is funnier, the one from the PAX or the one from TSA. You decide.
A middle-aged woman was submitting her belongings for x-ray.
TSA: "Ma'am, your shoes will have to go through x-ray."
PAX: "Do I have to take them off?"
TSA: "That's up to you."
Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by NextTrip
I don't know which line is funnier, the one from the PAX or the one from TSA. You decide.
A middle-aged woman was submitting her belongings for x-ray.
TSA: "Ma'am, your shoes will have to go through x-ray."
PAX: "Do I have to take them off?"
TSA: "That's up to you."

Mike
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
"TSA -- Saving the world one water bottle at a time
Are you sure it was a joke? I'm pretty sure this guy actually believes what he is saying.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: SM Gold, MP 2P, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC
I cleared in Anchorage recently: struck up a short conversation with a TSO while putting my bag and myself back together. (Conversation about ready to be home)

TSO: Oh, you're from Houston? I was there recently for training. Wait - "STATE YOUR NAME" (Said in total mock alarm)

Me: ::Laughing::

TSO: Yea. It's completely ridiculous, like that's going to prove anything. We don't do that up here.

Overall, that night in Anchorage was what the TSA should be striving for. Some humor, helpfulness, and common sense (ie, knowing the "Name Game" is utterly pointless) would go a long way to making them a respectable organization.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Must be they are tired with the delegates. When I went through CLT on sept 1, their fatigue was showing. I requested my molestation. There was little argument over it. He told me they did not see anything to make me want to opt out. I told him it was due to the brain tumor I once had (true strory). He did not toss on his scrubs and mask and start to argue with me like he was a Dr. he praised me for being safe!!! Then we could not find my large bottom of saline that had been in my bin. I mentioned to all agents that it is there. Don't want them surprised. He found it at one test station. No clue if it had been tested. H gave it back and thanked me for 'enduring' the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.