Community
Wiki Posts
Search

testing eye drops

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
That is where I come in. I examine the inspection system indications and make take additional data. I determine exactly what caused the system to create the alarm. If it is not a problem in the machine to be corrected, I forget about it and it is no problem. If the data is truly indicative of a problem, the following steps are put into action. I determine the exact nature of the problem, its severity, an approximate time to failure and the repairs needed to correct it.
I, too, have done some time on machine inspection systems.

When one of our PCB manufacturers changed the printing on the PCB, we had to add the new data to the inspection system or it would red-flag every board coming off the line.

The same would apply to the TSA body scanners - if they're unable to discern "noise" like pleats in skirts or beaded sweat on the skin under a shirt, then they're going to generate far more "anomalies" than should be acceptable.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:02 am

I have taken my eyedrops/cleaner that has peroxide in it and decanted it to another bottle that I have sterilized and labeled with an innocuous content. Never had an issue.

However, with the new enforcement of LGA/baggie rule, I will once again take out my baggie in order to try to avoid a check of the items in the baggie, at least for the time being.

As an aside, why does TSA not realize that the more they give screeners to look for, the higher are the chances that something truly dangerous will be missed?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
I have taken my eyedrops/cleaner that has peroxide in it and decanted it to another bottle that I have sterilized and labeled with an innocuous content. Never had an issue.

However, with the new enforcement of LGA/baggie rule, I will once again take out my baggie in order to try to avoid a check of the items in the baggie, at least for the time being.

As an aside, why does TSA not realize that the more they give screeners to look for, the higher are the chances that something truly dangerous will be missed?
TSA isn't about security but show. Besides, they don't seem very intelligent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.